Fathers Day BFP bump buddies!!

Me and OH went and told my mum and dad last night and they were really surprised and just went quiet and said they didnt know what to say! They said congratulations eventually and we got hugs but they said they were just worried how we would cope financially and they thought we would have waited until we were married. I hope that they are happier in a few days when they've got over the shock. I do understand them being surprised but I thought they would have been more excited :cry:

We told OH's mum after and she was lovley and gave me a hug and said she was delighted so that cheered me up a bit and then his dad phoned and was over the moon but I thought my parents would have been like that too :cry:

My mum also said not to get too excited as she had a m/c at 9 weeks :shrug: I know she just doesnt want me to get all excited in case anything happened but I know that myself and I didnt expect her to say anything like that!

Huge :hugs: Stacey.

I bet your parents come around VERY QUICKLY. Im glad your inlaws were happy for you as they should be.

I told my inlaws too last night - they were super excited as well. I swore them all to secrecy. We'll see how that goes.

How are your symptoms today. The cramping i had has pretty much gone... my boobs are still sore though. i have a mild headache. I have also experienced waves of nautiousness but not actually felt like i was gonna be sick and they only lasted a couple of seconds. Im super tired. Could nap right now!!

I TOLD MY MOM :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

She was so excited. Of course she wanted to tell her bf right away. I told her no but i wouldn't be suprised if she can't keep it a secret - especially if she gets a beer or 10 in her.

Just waiting for my inlaws to stop by now!

Yeah! how did the IL's take it?

Me and OH went and told my mum and dad last night and they were really surprised and just went quiet and said they didnt know what to say! They said congratulations eventually and we got hugs but they said they were just worried how we would cope financially and they thought we would have waited until we were married. I hope that they are happier in a few days when they've got over the shock. I do understand them being surprised but I thought they would have been more excited :cry:

We told OH's mum after and she was lovley and gave me a hug and said she was delighted so that cheered me up a bit and then his dad phoned and was over the moon but I thought my parents would have been like that too :cry:

My mum also said not to get too excited as she had a m/c at 9 weeks :shrug: I know she just doesnt want me to get all excited in case anything happened but I know that myself and I didnt expect her to say anything like that!

I'm sorry for their reaction. Hopefully your mom's worries will be unfounded and then she will let herself be thrilled for you.

How are your symptoms today. The cramping i had has pretty much gone... my boobs are still sore though. i have a mild headache. I have also experienced waves of nautiousness but not actually felt like i was gonna be sick and they only lasted a couple of seconds. Im super tired. Could nap right now!!

About the same today, I feel like I'm hungry but the thought of food makes me feel sick. I'm tired and feel like I'm not getting much done, which makes me feel guilty as husband is very busy with work things to do and I'm just laying around.

We haven't told either of our families yet, just our bosses.

About the same today, I feel like I'm hungry but the thought of food makes me feel sick. I'm tired and feel like I'm not getting much done, which makes me feel guilty as husband is very busy with work things to do and I'm just laying around.

We haven't told either of our families yet, just our bosses.

Sophist - u told your work before your family?? wow my work will be some of the last to know - 12 weeks at least!

My in laws were also very very happy!

Sophist - u told your work before your family?? wow my work will be some of the last to know - 12 weeks at least!

My in laws were also very very happy!

Yeah, sounds backwards. :D OH is working on his contract for next year and needed to block off time to be home when the baby arrives. Since he is paid by the contracted day and there aren't many days its a big hit to our income if he misses even one contracted day.

Since I've been sick I let her know so she will be understanding when I say I can't take on all the extra hours she's been pushing me for.

Our families are out of state, we are waiting to tell them until there is less danger of miscarriage.

Thanks girls I spoke to my mum again last night and she seemed better already I think in a few weeks she will be really excited once she has stopped worrying.

Thats great that your inlaws are excited too readynwilling :hugs:

I've started feeling even more sick first thing in the morning but I'm trying to eat something as soon as I wake up which seems to be helping.

Aww I bet you can't wait to tell your parents Sophist

Sophist i see you are in the USA what state?? Im in Ontario, Canada we cross the border A LOT. I can understand that about telling people. If you have morning sickness obviously you need to tell them, and the contract stuff needs to be sorted out.

Glad to hear your mom is better already Stacey!!

Im pretty lucky i guess - my symptoms are pretty minimal. The cramps have subsided so really its just tender breasts. And i have officially stopped temping and stopped poas! My outlook that everything is going to be ok gets better everyday!

Readynwilling--I'm in the Southwest.

Yeah we don't head that way very often... the furthest west we've been is New Orleans. Most of the time its a straight drop south to Miami. WOULD love to visit California and Vegas... but im terrified of flying... and its a long drive!

Doing fantastic! A little tired :)cloud9: = naps) and im bitter about all the break outs (acne) but other that!!!! Hard to believe that my AF is only 3 days late today and yet i've known for 9 days! Feels like an eternity!

Yeah doing good thanks Sophist just really tired and my skin has totally broken out too readyandwilling. How are you? I've got my Dr's appointment on Thursday can't wait :happydance:

:yipee: YAY for doctors appt - so jealous lol. I am dying for mine - its 20 days away yet!!

:yipee: YAY for doctors appt - so jealous lol. I am dying for mine - its 20 days away yet!!

I'm sure it will be here before you know it hun I felt mine was ages away when I made it last Monday and its nearly here already. I just hope the 12 week scan comes round as fast the wait is killing me!!

I know. The wait is the worst!! I mean i have to wait 20 days for my dr's appt - i will be 7w +3 and then still have to wait for an ultrasound around 12 weeks. Maybe its better wait 4 weeks for dr's then wait another 4-5 for the ultrasound instead of seeing doc then waiting 7-8 weeks for the scan :shrug:

Just want it to be March already! lol

Hi ladies!

I got my bfp on Fathers day and was given EDD of February 28,2011.

I live in in USA - Florida to be exact.

As far as symptoms goes I have extreme tiredness, sore boobs/nipples, of/on nausea and backache also bloat.

Hope to get to know you all and share a bit in this journey :hugs:

Hi Willbeamom1day! Symptoms are all to familiar here lol. Love FL!!

Hi Willbeamom1day congrats on your :bfp: and welcome :hug: Have you told anyone your news yet or are you keeping it a secret for now?

Yep, my face is breaking out too. Just in one patch at a time, but its a different place on my face every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->