fathers??? still here or no???

Why would he think you would go with another man :shock: Anyway he wouldn't have a chance.

Mine is still here.. although we are only 11 wks.. he seems really excited right now.. he can not wait until I am huge and he can "rub my belly". Lately he tells me he wants the pregnancy to be over so he can see and hold his little baby "boy". He is great and we both love each other. Been together slightly over 2 and 1/2 years. Been through ALOT together and he has always been there for me.
I think we are doing good to because he has never been with a girl more then 3-4 months before he met me, and soon we will be going on 3 YEARS. It makes me happy to think about that. He is my first serious relationship, and the first and ONLY boyfriend I had in highschool.
<3 <3

awww sounds a lot like me and my husband!

you sound like a lovely couple!

sorry i'm gonna have a rant!

my opinion on dads that walk out is f**k them, they don't deserve kids! Get as much money out of them as you can and raise the child how you see fit. I believe children need a father figure but this doesn't always have to be the actual father, they need a positive male influence and somebody they can respect not a low life selfish toe rag who can walk away from his offspring just because they don't fit into thier social life or might be inconveinenced to raise their own flesh and blood.

rant over and yes i dislike my wifes ex! :twisted:

I am not sure I agree, I think that comment is a bit harsh. My husband is a wonderful man and we have 3 beautiful boys. My husband also has an ex and a 16yr old daughter. He and his ex broke up before he knew she was pregnant. My husband NEVER walked out on his daughter he walked out his ex because of the person she was and still is.
His ex has been with another partner for 11yrs and has another child and her partner is a wonderful step dad. We see my husbands daughter most school holidays ( depends on her teenage plans, and she lives a 2 1/2hr round trip from us).
Sometimes Men walk out on the women, not the kids. Yes some men have no respect and feel no obligation to help with the child, but not ALL men, but I don't believe couples need to stay together for the sake of the child, that isn't healthy.
To say F**K them and take them for everything isn't a fare comment. My husband doesn't deserve that, he is always there for is daughter and helps in anyway he can. Because of the mothers drug abuse issues, we don't pay child support, we pay all school expenses( swimming, camps, uniforms etc etc), give gift cards for shopping expenses. We do the best we can, we also have 3 sons of our own to educate and raise.

I just don't feel you can put all men in the same basket as your wifes ex.

JMO

I'm still with the baby's father, though I'm only three months pregnant. He's an amazing man, and definitely my sweetheart. I can see us together for a very long time, but these hormones are KILLING ME! LOL. Some days I just want to rip his head off [poor DH] for no reason, or just tiny things make me upset with him. I think he's going to be happy when our little one is born because there will be no more hormonal mommy. Bless him for putting up with me! :haha:

First of all I would just like to say to all the single mums out there I think you are all very brave and I have the upmost respect for you. My Hubby and I have been together for 8 years(since highschool) and married for 2 years.He is a fantastic father to our first son and I know he will be for the second.He brings me flowers and tells me he loves me everyday,and rubs my back and ankles.It's nice to know that I have someone to share everything with and know that when I am having an off day there is someone to take the slack without having to ask.:hugs:

I'm still with my babys dad. He's been very supportive since i found out i was pregnant apart from afew of his silly selfish man ways sometimes. Its soo sad all you girlies have to do this on your own because the dads are so selfish and self centred but i'm sure ur all doing a fabo job and doign yourselves proud!

hi i am still with my partner we had my our first child when i was 16 and i am now 22 and its still going well, now expecting our third in 5 weeks xx

Ive been with my OH for 13 years, miscarried 2 years ago which brought us closer and now im pregnant and looking forward to being a family. I wouldnt have chosen anyone else to have children with and waited as my OH wasnt ready for kids but now wishes we had had them earlier. I think it takes a man ages to grow up and show commitment as he is almost 37!

I found out that his dad left him and his mum when he was only a baby and he saw his grandad as a father figure, who is now 91 and lives with us. He has a bad back where his mum used to throw him in his buggy and even left him in the park once as she forgot him. He was never shown affection as a child and it took 11 years for him to open up to me about his fears and hurt but i know he will make a great dad cos ive seen what he is like with our cat and our niece. He said he would never leave me and the baby and if i ever left him then to promise that he could still be part of his or her life. I hope we will be together forever but you dont know whats rould the corner.
I cant believe that I wrote this and what has happened now. OH left me for another girl when I was 5 months pregnant and moved her in his house when I moved out after he told me he was seeing someone else and didnt love me anymore.

Me & my DH have been together for 4 years. Since highschool. We have had some rough times but we always make it through it. When we found out we were pregnant, he was super excited too. We stayed up the whole first night talking about it. He has been incredible. He has gone to every doctors appointment with me, and has been here through everything. However, when we told his mom we were expecting, she wasn't so thrilled. She said that we were still too young, (im 20, he's 21) and she said that we have "options". It killed me that someone who I thought would offer guidance, support, and love was trying to talk us into an abortion. After a few weeks she came around, and she is happy and excited now. He told her that an abortion was not an option, and that we did not want to talk about it anymore. I was kind of surprised by how great he has been, but like many of your girls men, his father left when he was young. I know he wants to be better than that. Even if we didnt stay together, I know he would be a great dad. But so far, this has only made our bond deeper, and us stronger.

I have been with Lee 9 months and I am 11 weeks pregnant!! He promises to stick by me and has been really supportive!! I can't see us breaking up any time soon! I love him to pieces!! I think he'll make a brill daddy to our baby! xx

im single my 2 older kids amber and daniel have the same dad we were together 4 yrs but he got too possesive and jealous i couldnt take it anymore but he sees them very regular my 3rd son thomas his dad cheated on me left me when i was pregnant hes never even seen thomas ive not heard from him thomas is now 4 this baby im having now i met her dad we seemed really happy only he has another kid with his ex and she was making things really bad for him using their son to get at him he didnt wanna lose his son which is understandable so left me instead soon after i found i was pregnant he hasnt contacted me and im due in 8 wks on thursday so for now i am going to concentrate on my kids stuff the men lol

The father *Tom* still llives with me and my parents. It's all going good although he acts like i'm dying with all the "Are you SURE your OK?" and "is there anything I can get you?" Bless him he will be a great Dad :)

I only recently found out I'm pregnant but I think that my Fiancé is as happy as I am that we're pregnant. We'd been trying for 6 months after I got off the pill and it was really hard finding out every month that I wasn't but he's standing by me and think he always will. No chance of me fitting into the wedding dress for october now though! haha.
My parents are very supportive of us both aswell. I'm 17 and he's 18.

im single my 2 older kids amber and daniel have the same dad we were together 4 yrs but he got too possesive and jealous i couldnt take it anymore but he sees them very regular my 3rd son thomas his dad cheated on me left me when i was pregnant hes never even seen thomas ive not heard from him thomas is now 4 this baby im having now i met her dad we seemed really happy only he has another kid with his ex and she was making things really bad for him using their son to get at him he didnt wanna lose his son which is understandable so left me instead soon after i found i was pregnant he hasnt contacted me and im due in 8 wks on thursday so for now i am going to concentrate on my kids stuff the men lol
Just wanted to send you a big :hugs: and hope you find someone to make you happy soon. My OH of 14 years left me 3 months ago but I went back to him but seeing how it goes. He is on trial though. Good luck with everything hun x

No my babys dad, said he dont give a s*** and would prefer if the baby died, which i dont think is on, i dont care, he can get lost but no need for him 2 say he wants my faith deasd when she aint even born yet.

my first marriage fell apart, and he did not want to have nothing to do with his son, not even a birthday card, then later in life, i met a lovely man, had another baby and he treats them the same, OH takes him to movies every other sunday, and calls him dad.... just hang in there, you are all fantastic mums

Gawd you are all so strong! you should be proud of yourselves!!! just read all this thread.

I can't imagine doing this without my partner we have been together nearly five years and this is our first baby.

Good Luck to you All xxx

me and my fiancee Liam have been 2 gether since oct 05. he's the dad 2 ella and bump but is playing dad 2 ruby too and when we married in 3/4 years he's gonna adopt ruby :)
ruby's dad carl was no-where 2 b seen after I found out I was pg (@13), however if he suddenly turns up me and liam wont stop him seeing ruby, but if he screws up once then he's a gonner ;)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"