Fear of missed miscarriage is crippling me UPDATE IN INTRO

It is so reassuring to read that I'm not alone. It really struck me by reading all the other accounts at how other people relate exactly to how I feel.

I would love it if people could give updates of scans and how things pan out. Could be very encouraging xoxox

I think that's an awesome idea.
I've had 2mmc's, a cp, and a loss due to T21. Right now the mmc are what I think about daily. Something about thinking everything is fine only to discover at an ultrasound that it hadn't been fine for weeks really plays with your mind. Combine that with mostly symptomless pregnancies and it's hard not to worry it'll happen again.

I'm too early for much good news but so far I've had 3 betas (162,463,1079) with doubling times of 47 hours then 39 hours. I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow. Hopefully in two weeks I'll update with a heartbeat scan. But for now I'm holding on to my betas.

Thank you to everyone for sharing your stories. All these years I thought I was alone with this worry. 💛💜💚💙

I can very much relate to your pain. I have not been able to enjoy any of my pregnancies since I suffered from a missed miscarriage. It is truly heart breaking.

I can't relax but at the same time dread scans incase it happens again. My missed miscarriage happened when I was over 13 weeks and the day I went in for my dating scan I started spotting. I felt this was bittersweet as it was the day of the scan.

I am currently pregnant with number 4, went for a scan due to pain in 1 side and I panicked because sonographer couldn't see anything. She ten did a Transvag scan and I seen a baby with tiny heartbeat satin 6weeks. I still won't relax and I am still dreading the 12 week scan.

One thing a nurse said to me which I think gave me comfort was that a missed miscarriage is a sign your body was doing everything it could to look after and keep your baby. I hope this helps x

I can very much relate to your pain. I have not been able to enjoy any of my pregnancies since I suffered from a missed miscarriage. It is truly heart breaking.

I can't relax but at the same time dread scans incase it happens again. My missed miscarriage happened when I was over 13 weeks and the day I went in for my dating scan I started spotting. I felt this was bittersweet as it was the day of the scan.

I am currently pregnant with number 4, went for a scan due to pain in 1 side and I panicked because sonographer couldn't see anything. She ten did a Transvag scan and I seen a baby with tiny heartbeat satin 6weeks. I still won't relax and I am still dreading the 12 week scan.

One thing a nurse said to me which I think gave me comfort was that a missed miscarriage is a sign your body was doing everything it could to look after and keep your baby. I hope this helps x

What the nurse said to you struck me. While I also dread every scan I never worry about just spontaneously miscarrying. Every pregnancy I've lost, including my cp, I've needed assistance for af to start. So I guess there is some comfort there. It's just sad I can't be excited about getting to see a HB because I'm afraid they won't find one at all. 5+2 today. FX'd I make it to March.
So very sorry for your loss. I hope this pregnancy is easy and you find the joy in it.

Hiya. Thought id update you.
So I had my 12 week scan on Friday, everything is perfect. Little bean with heartbeat wriggling all over the show :) I cried in the scan room, the relief was overwhelming!
I even got my dates put forward, now 13+1.
My thoughts are with you all in till you all get the same outcome as me as I know how horrid the wait was to know everything was OK xxxxx

I can relate to how you feel regarding MMC.

I'm currently 5+6 and every waking hour seems to be full of anxiety and worry over it. I found out two weeks ago that I was pregnant and I've already had two nightmares where I've gone to the bathroom to find my underwear soaked in blood. I can't help but feel like my fear is a pre-warning. I've had two scans already, one they could see nothing, finally saw my baby on Fridays scan, too early for a heartbeat though.

I keep saying to my partner "once I see that heartbeat, I'll be fine" but I know that I won't. I hope everything goes awesome for you and the worries are alleviated, I'm so sorry about what's happened before and I hope you get to enjoy your pregnancy and your baby.

So I had my 12 week scan on Friday, everything is perfect. Little bean with heartbeat wriggling all over the show :) I cried in the scan room, the relief was overwhelming!
My thoughts are with you all in till you all get the same outcome as me as I know how horrid the wait was to know everything was OK xxxxx

This is fabulous 🎉🎉🎉

This has made my day!!!

My midwife couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler on Wednesday (I was 11w 3d). She used a portable pocket-sized ultrasound, and found the baby right away. We were able to see the heartbeat on the ultrasound with no issues, once the baby stopped bouncing (I had a glucose challenge that morning too, so the bean was on a sugar high).

Yaay, very happy for you! :happydance:

Update of our scan is in the intro - sadly wasn't good news :( Seems the fear was warranted.

So sorry London girl.
Wishing you strength to get through it .
Did you lose symptoms or just have a feeling ? I've had a mmc before and I'd lost some symptoms but also had a healthy pregnancy and I know symptoms come and go. Anxiously awaiting my scan in a week. Not looking forward to it at all.

Update of our scan is in the intro - sadly wasn't good news :( Seems the fear was warranted.

i guess your instinct was right, i am so very sorry for your loss.
Hope you will be back again soon with a sticky bean xxx

I am so so sorry to read your update. I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

So sorry London girl.
Wishing you strength to get through it .
Did you lose symptoms or just have a feeling ? I've had a mmc before and I'd lost some symptoms but also had a healthy pregnancy and I know symptoms come and go. Anxiously awaiting my scan in a week. Not looking forward to it at all.

Nope. Definitely didn't lose symptoms. In my 2 MMC, the symptoms have been the most!?! In my healthy preg, they came and went.

I think my gut instinct was just fear protecting myself. I had it with the healthy preg too. I just count myself lucky I have one healthy gorgeous little guy. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU. YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS XOXOXOX

So sorry for your loss, devastating :cry: Take care, and hope you are back in first tri very soon :hugs:

Very sorry for your loss. I have also had 3 MMCs, last one a month ago. Also found out at 10&4 (baby measured ten weeks).

Now both OH and I are having tests to try to find the cause. Have you had any tests?

Big hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->