Fear of missed miscarriage is crippling me UPDATE IN INTRO

Hi ladies, I can't manage the fear anymore 😥

I'm 9.5w pregnant. I have tiredness, sore boobs, fairly mild symptoms. Much the same as the one successful pregnancy I've had I guess. I even heard the heartbeat at doc's at 6w.

So I should feel fine right?

But my first preg in 2012 was a missed miscarriage spotted at the 10w scan. I had all the preg symptoms and it was so traumatic. I've also had a 6w miscarriage in 2013 but that one just bled out and I didn't find it as traumatic.

I can't find this baby's heartbeat on home Doppler.

I've convinced myself it's a missed miscarriage and I have a doc's appt on Monday and I'm sick to the stomach of him putting the ultrasound machine on my stomach and saying "oh dear... I'm sorry" etc.

The fear is awful 😥 just venting really...

Anyone experience this fear??

UPDATE: WENT FOR SCAN AT 10+3 AND BABY HAD STOPPED GROWING AT 7+4. IN A WAY, MY FEAR OF ANOTHER MMC HELPED PREPARE ME FOR IT. SO MY TRACK RECORD NOW IS 1 HEALTHY PREGNANCY, 1 MC AND 2 MMC. 😥

THAT SAID, I REALISE HOW BLESSED I AM TO HAVE A HEALTHY AND HAPPY BABY ALREADY.

NOW JUST WAITING FOR THE MEDICATION TO INDUCE MC.

I WISH YOU ALL THE ABSOLUTE BEST HEALTH AND HAPPINESS WITH YOUR PREGNANCIES. AND ILL BE BACK!!

I'm so sorry. Praying for comfort to ease your pain. Hugs and love.

I'm so sorry to hear love. :hugs: it's just so heartbreaking :cry:

I am so sorry this is happening to you. Take care of yourself, much love to you. I am so, so sorry

So sorry for your loss. Sending hugs your way.

I've had 2 healthy babies and never really worried about mc but for some reason, it's all I think about this pregnancy. Maybe because the other 2 were suprise babies and this one was planned.
Also keep having dreams that I go into labor and deliver, only to find out that my pregnancy was "fake" and I leave with no baby :(

This must be a total nightmare for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

I've had 2 healthy babies and never really worried about mc but for some reason, it's all I think about this pregnancy. Maybe because the other 2 were suprise babies and this one was planned.
Also keep having dreams that I go into labor and deliver, only to find out that my pregnancy was "fake" and I leave with no baby :(

This must be a total nightmare for you. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Please don't worry- there is no correlation between fear of MC and actually having one. I'm so so sure you're fine. I was fearful that I had had one but I had the same fear with my healthy pregnancy (now 2yo). I had a MC this time because of some issue with me or my partner. But you've had 2 healthy bubs already and no issues so I'm positive you will be fine ❤️

Thank you :hugs:
You've been in my thoughts since I read this.
I hope you're doing well. I just can't even imagine.

Honey the fear is real!!! I have this fear every day and constantly find myself checking the toilet paper every time I wipe and I run to the restroom every time I feel a leak down there. I've had two mc in the past with one healthy baby boy born 3 wks early. Even at the beginning of my pregnancy with him I bled and was told I was having a "threatened miscarriage" meaning that, for those of you that don't know, it was my body's way of saying I needed to change something or else I would lose the baby. Needless to say, he was born with lungs full of air and screaming to prove it! I didn't find out until later that I was very lucky to have him also because I finally found a gyno that actually cared about more than just a paycheck! She found out that I have a clotting disorder that is passed down from parents. In my case, I clot too much, which in turn causes multiple miscarriages. Not many people know about it because even a lot of the doctors don't know it. It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor about it. It's called MTHFR and all they will do is prescribe a baby aspirin to help even things out. You'll be doing blood work in order to test for it so if you plan on asking your doctor about it, go ahead and prepare yourself for the stick. Needles are my enemy lol good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->