Feature wallpaper

Tanikins

mum to 1
Reaction score
We're moving house soon (well either next month or after xmas) just need to find the right house. Anyways we at the min have a feature wall but its just painted purple. In the new house i want to do the living room with feature wall paper

We have brown sofas and a ottoman/toy box. So needs to go with that

Any ideas on which you'd choose. Or even what you have (feel free to include pics). I want the next house to be home not just a house :flower:

I do like feature walls, but my whole house is decorated in cream and i accesorise the rooms, like our living room is cream and brown and i love it it all feels new and airy, but i do love feature walls too the wallpaper kind. I'd do a cream/brown design wallpaper, but nearly anything goes with brown it just depends what you like, purple would go great or red!!

We have a beige colour in ours and I think it's a bit dull now, I want to freshen it up, I'm thinking either or purple. Any colour goes with brown though tbh.

224970_10151785293545721_1462648391_n.jpg

ours is rented so is cream, but we have a huge open fireplace on our feature wall, i would love to paint this a light brown to match the rug, curtains & sofa..
but ive just accesorised with a nice few touches.. like pot pourre, oil burners & a few little ikea vases on the mantle piece with some fake cream roses in..
will try upload pic tomorrow.. x

chocolate and green is nice, or you could have 2 colours, i like green and purple together n had splashes of it in my living room last time, tili got bored :blush:

Thanks ladies. I was think maybe brownvwith light blue or turqoise (sp). Or cream
And red

This is our lounge, excuse the sold label in the corner, I've just nabbed it off our estate agents website!!

https://system.movewithus.co.uk/interface/propertyImage.asp?id=8613232&h=0&w=360&sstc=y

Also we have a feature wall in our bedroom

https://system.movewithus.co.uk/interface/propertyImage.asp?id=8613233&h=0&w=360&sstc=y

The rest of the walls in the rooms are standard magnolia and we have matching accessories.

Brown goes well with green, or light blue for a retro look. Red is also good but muted shades more than a pillar box red. I'd avoid darker blues or purples as these don't tend to work well with earthy colours. Go for a nice warm cream, maybe with beige touches, as your neutral areas.

PS I work with colour and design for a living (apparel not rooms though!) so hope my advice has helped lol :/

I love feature walls :) we've just moved into our house and these are the feature walls we have in our living room and bedroom.

If you have chocolate coloured sofas then they go with pretty much anything.

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads