~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

I went for a walk yesterday for the first time, midwife had advised me to rest after c.sec but yesterday told me to get out of the house so i walked to see my nan, she lives around half a mile away. By the time i got there i was in so much pain i had to ring my mum to come and get me and put the pram in the car because i couldnt physically walk home!! :(

This reflux sounds similar to Vinnie. Hes hardly ever sick and when he is its more a dribble of milk but he'll feed, fall asleep then 2 minutes later wake up screaming so i offer him boob again, he takes it but after a couple of gulps he arches out and screams so loud!! It really upsets me. I didnt think id have problems with him being breastfed but he sounds in so much pain after a feed. He chokes, gags and has hiccups after every feed! But doesnt bring up alot of wind.
Its all so confusing!
xx

I've been in and out since Shelby was born but every time I've been out my bleeding got heavier and fresh again so I've been a hermit the last few days until today. Seems to be okay now though but I'm taking it super easy just in case. I lost 1.3 litres of blood during labour so I'm trying to avoid any blood loss just now, I've only just started feeling normal again and not faint all the time.

Shelby doesn't tend to scream now when she sicks up her feed, definitely reflux with her as there is literally 3/4 oz of milk projecting across the room after feeding some times. Night time seems to be fine though, I feed her lying down and don't burp her afterwards as she falls asleep straight away and she doesn't sick up hardly anything, only a little posset half an hour later which she doesn't even wake up with. Daytime she tends to cry a bit now but we keep her upright if she's being gurny anyway so I think that helps a lot - plus the infacol - its been a lot better since using that.

Ooh Katy - you reminded me I must register Shelby at the doctors!! God too many things I can be arsed to do!

How was everyones nights sleep? As u can see I'm up early, harrison been crying latly for no reason and he descided to at 430 today, lovely!

Have any of you ladies that had a natural birth still got your stitches in, or its not healed yet? I went to docs last week as it wasn't rigHt, to which they said I have an infection and got antibotics, well I've now finshed them, and I can't feel or see any difference at all?

Anyone elses baby not burp after a bf??? I have her laying against my chest patting and rubbing her back for about 15 mins but nowt...should i give infacol a try??

Emma, harrison isn't bf but he very rarely burps on forumla!

Hia, thomas is a month old today. If settles well in the day time but wont at night and seems to have tonnes of wind at night. I had a womb infection and now mastitis and on second antibiotic. Am breast feeding and wonder what is giving him wind. He got constipated and my sister who is a nurse gave him baby lax on friday and he seems to be back on track. At weigh in last week he was nearly ten pounds! He goes 4 hourly for a while then 2 hourly. Boys are so different to girls, my daughter was so much easier and slept at night!

Shelby does burp but only at first winding, not second or third. She tends to go on the boob 3/4 times in one sitting. I'm using infacol though which has reduced her burping now, she has one big burp as opposed to a few little ones.

I don't know if I've still got stitches in as I haven't looked lol, scardy cat me! But the pain is mostly gone, just ever so slightly tender now. Still have peeing pain though so will speak to hv tomo about that - think I may have a bladder infection :cry:

I'm off to a friends to day who has a 13month old, gonna make her feel like a giant compared to Shelby! :haha:

Emma- for the first few days James didn't really burp but now he does!

Pixie- what's your real name? You just described my little man lol xx

Okay definately not reflux!! Mummy just hadnt been winding the poor boy for long enough!! Last night he was so unsettled after his 2am feed i sat up watching alan carr chatty man and burped him the whole time it was on and he finally brought up the biggest burp and went straight to sleep. It took him about half n hour but that was definately the cause of his screaming!
I really want to go out today but im scared im going to get about a mile away from home and be in too much pain to get home again :( Its such a nice day!
x

My stitches are still there, and still kinda sore. They're really really itchy too. Driving me mad. I brave having a little feel every so often but it's really not pretty :nope: dunno if it'll ever go back to normal xx

Hiya, can't believe my lil lady is gonna be 1wk old in the morning!! Can't believe how quick that has gone :( She is only just fitting in her newborn stuff, and has the longest feet lol, they dont fit into the foot bits of her sleepsuits properly at all. Kaden is getting more curious about her as he wouldnt have anything to do woth her at all initially. We have found him looking at her in the moses basket and copying her noises which is cute. He won't let us use his changing mat for her tho as 'thats mine' and sometimes had told me to put her in the moses basket :rofl: but we are getting there slowly. Very tired today, she was up from 4am till about 7 feeding, falling asleep then screaming when I put her down and she has had a bad day aswell, I havent had a minutes rest from her. She hasnt pooed at all today so I think that something I have eaten has perhaps affected her, bless. I just have so much trouble getting any wind out of her or anything. I am hoping that all the milk shes had today will make her poo before bed so that we can all get some sleeps.

Hope you are all ok x

Hi All
Thomas is a month old and have been breastfeeding, had a womb infection so had antibiotics, last tuesday started flucloxillin for mastitis and yesterday he feed ok four hourly but today every 2 - 3 hours and this evening was hungery after 3.5 hours so fed but he didnt seem statisfied, I put him on the other breast and he still didnt seem happy, when I tried to see if anything was there by squeezing the nipple nothing came out, I think it is drying up and am totally devistated, I really want to breast feed.
Any advice would be welcome. Am in tears as I wite this!
Pixie

Aww hugs pixie! Could it be that he's drained your breast? I find in the evenings James really drains mine. Maybe with all the problems you've had you've made less
milk? Thomas will stimulate you to make more so keep trying him on that boob, also remember he's the expert of drawing the milk. Post on the bf forum there is some really good people on there for advice as I'm just a novice myself! If your really anxious call one of the helplines either nct or le leche league xx

Also James doesn't follow a pattern, sometimes every 4 hrs sometimes every hour and a half so don't worry about that, he could just be having hungry baby day which they all have periodically. Have you been drinking enough? Go down a couple of pints of water as that really effects me and try again in 30 mins to an hour. That will give tour body enough time to start to recover and I'm sure there will be milk there xx

How did you get on Hun? I've got my fingers crossed for you xx

Feeding well now from left boob, hope it works out. Thanks. Xx

Feeding well now from left boob, hope it works out. Thanks. Xx

Brilliant news! Just remember to look after yourself as well it makes such a difference (really should take my own advice as well!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->