~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Had lots to drink during feeding and also during night. At 12 feed had tea and toast. 4am gave him infacol and he settled well normally its a windy feed! Now feeding, oh is getting me tea and toast! Thanks again for advice. Xx

Pixie, I didnt breast feed for long with any of mine, but just because you squeeze and nothing comes out doesnt mean there is nothing there. I know it might seem like it, but for some women it really has to be the baby suckling to make the let down reflex happen. I know with summer, when my supply seemed to vanish (one night she was screaming from 12am till 4am, madly trying to feed and i tried to express some in the end, only to get nothing, i ended up giving her 6 ounces of cooled boiled water to get her off to sleep and give myself a chance to produce more milk) feeding her constantly throughout the next two day, as often as possible, even if she would only take a little, really boosted my supply. I also expressed off anything I could after each little feed.

Phone your HV she will be able to recommend some breastfeeding support groups. You have done so fantastic already, most women give up well before you. xxx

Pixie...def start tanking back the water, I think we've all programmed ourselves to not drink too much as when ur pregnant you pee every 2 mins :) I have been drinking pint glasses of sugar free dilute and I swear it must ALL be coming out my boobs.....I thought I'd be running to the loo every hour, but your body needs it to make the good stuff........ sounds like its working for you now, so thats great.......its soo easy to forget to look after yourself xx

congrats blackrose! welcome to the we don't sleep/ smell of anything but milk and puke club! :haha:

I've got mu hv coming this morning, cant wait to see what shelby weighs now! Its been 2 weeks since her last weighing!

Max is right pixie, you'd be surprised what our bubs can get out that we can't! Have you been to the HV clinic? I go once a week just to reassure myself that James is putting on weight and that helps me not worry about it!

Congrats Blackrose! We are having a real name club in here so we have some identity and are not just mums so we have some sanity so you'll have to let us know yours!

So then, was ur bundle pink or blue! Give me all the details hehe x

A lovely girl Aoibhean she was 8 . 12 , so far I'm still getting her settled . I'm in a tizzy . HV is comping to weigh her this morning

Awww congratulations! What you in a tizz about Hun? Can we help you? Xx

Aww congrats blackrose!

Warning - show off now - don't want to upset anyone having issues with feeding/weight gain....

Shelby now weighs 8lb 8oz (compared to 7lb10oz 2 weeks ago) :happydance:

But hv thinks she might have thrush as her tongue is white. I've not had any symptoms though, no itchy/red nipples. I thought it was just because she sicks up a lot (which hv say is just because of my hyperlactation) She'll check again next Monday and prescribe anti-biotics if needed.

huge congratulations blackrose! Aoibhean is beautiful (just like the name meaning!) I read your birth story, you have both been through such a lot, take it easy now and enjoy her as much as you can xxx

Thanks all, the support from here is great. I skulled back tonnes of water last night and had tea and toast with the midnight feed and the 7 am feed, at 4 am he fed well too and as 12 and 4 are his windy times I gave him infacol and he settled well, he fed at 10 am for half hour again and took 1oz of water at 11.30 before falling asleep. I will be going to the clinic tomorrow and will talk to the nurse then, see what she advises.
So much more happy today regarding feeds, I suppose I could talk to her about giving formula at night and expressing some milk to ensure body keeps up production, anyway thanks again.
xxx

Pixie- :hugs: Hope everything works out for you. I know how upsetting struggling with BFing can be. Unfortunately for me it didn't work out at all, it's only now I'm realising that although it's important for them to get the good stuff, it's really not the be all and end all so try not to get too upset :hugs:

Blackrose- Congrats :) she's gorgeous. How do you pronounce her name? :blush:

Gill- Woo for the weight gain, well done you and shelby :thumbup: xx

Some days it still really bothers me, like yesterday I kept crying over it again :dohh: but today I'm okay :shrug: My OH has told me he wants me to go to my GP and tell them how I'm feeling though because it's sometimes more than just the feeding issue. In a nutshell it's all linked in together but I sometimes get really overwhelmed with it all and feel like OH and Edward would be better without me :( xx

Some days it still really bothers me, like yesterday I kept crying over it again :dohh: but today I'm okay :shrug: My OH has told me he wants me to go to my GP and tell them how I'm feeling though because it's sometimes more than just the feeding issue. In a nutshell it's all linked in together but I sometimes get really overwhelmed with it all and feel like OH and Edward would be better without me :( xx

Your OH is right katy hun, time to pop down the GP and just talk things through. It may or may not be PND, a newborn is totally overwhelming, even though I am on my fourth, every one is different and sometimes i am :nope: about it all, like last night when Fraser decided to be awake from 7pm-12pm....7pm was when my other three went to bed and I was really hoping for just an hour to myself, but it wasnt to be!

When I had summer, I developed PND very quickly. I felt a lot like you, that my DH and her were better off without me. It seemed like DH was such a natural to parenting and I felt rubbish at it. I didnt manage to breast feed, the terry nappies were never used, I could barely get the housework done. I felt a total failure. But I didnt tell anyone, just slapped a grin on, and as a result, most of Summers first year, i can only look back on with sadness now. If you think you are feeling a wee bit more than the baby blues, do go to your GP, dont keep trying to muddle on and end up losing out like I did :hugs:

Blackrose - congratulations, how do you pronounce her name? xxx

Gills - well done on Shelbys weight gain, thats some good going, cant wait to see how much Tahlia weighs next.

Katy - I would deff speak to your GP, it may not be pnd, but you are better off speaking to somebody about it now just incase. You had a rough pregnancy and newborns are exhausting and very hard work. It may be that you are just run down or need to speak to a stranger about it all. :hugs:

Pixie - hope that your milk sorts itself out for you. I am having a nightmare remembering to drink lots too and keep asking DH to remnd me, only he forgets to remind me. I keep a glass of juice next to the bed at night as that is when I seem to get really thirsty whilst feeding. I have noticed that Tahlia seems to have a bad day when I have forgotton to drink much so that should teach me really.

On another note, I really must get around to doing my birth story. Everytime I start, something else crops up lol.

Katy, I could have wrote this myself for my first baby.....

my OH just seemed such a natural, everyone else seemed to make my baby happy, and I couldn't get her to stop crying, I voluntarily gave up breastfeeding as this little baby filled me with fear (I'm guessing you were having issues, sorry don't know the reasons)..... first time babies change your life TOTALLY, and it can be very hard not to feel massively overwhelmed by it all and want to run away !!

But you know that the one person your OH & your wee baby need around them is you, not for anything other than you being there, so please don't let all the stresses etc get to you, I did and I look back now and think I missed all of Tia's baby days wishing them past.

Have you got a health visitor? Speak to her, they are trained to pick up on signs of PND....mine was very clued up in that I wasn't depressed, I had just got myself into a total anxiety mess. Have you been out & about with your baby yet? Even just going to the shops and having a coffee ? Its amazing how the small things can make you feel better when things are getting on top of you..

Just realised I'm rambling now, you can tell my wee one is sleeping just now, its been a while since I was able to write this much :flower:

Health visitor has just been and Fraser now weighs 8.11 moving from the 25th centile at birth (7.7lb) to the 75th! Very pleased. I also started him on a gentle routine today, all my babies were brought up with the contented baby routines as a guide and he has taken to it like a duck to water, just put him down at 3.30pm for a nap wide awake...and he settled himself off to sleep. I am hoping it might mean an end to the 7-12pm wide awake time that has been driving me and the hubs a little insane. We tend to get the girls and mason to bed by 7pm and then Fraser wakes up and is awake all the way till midnight. Hopefully with a bit of structure this will change like it did my other three!

Do you guys put your babies in their cribs in your room for the evening sleeps, or do you keep them in the livingroom with you?

Evie pretty much sleeps all the time during the day (3 days old)and gets fed every 3 hours or so, so say I feed her at 6pm, would you keep her with you...I think that 3 days old is a bit young to leave upstairs on their own, especially as she's still getting spit up a few hours after a feed and ends up gagging on it....

Hope this makes sense, my toddler has the cold, so I got NO sleep last nite as she was coughing all night, and still can't sleep through Evie's wee noises xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->