~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Congrats Caz and Emma :)

I'm now wondering if Edward might have reflux. I always wondered if he would have it as I have it myself and have had since I was a baby. He's sick after probably just under half his feeds (projectile) and a lot of the time after you feed him he moans and cries while arching his back. Think I might just take him to the doctors, my HV didn't seem very nice so don't feel to comfortable talking to her.

He didn't sleep at all last night. I have no idea what was wrong with him, he wouldn't even settle on my chest properly. He'd had plenty of food and been well winded and been changed. Wasn't too hot or too cold but he just cried all night :( xx

I made it to the other side! I posted a thread in third tri but I will come back when I have more time xx

2nd time mums...afterpains???? oh my god, ouch !!!!

OMG!! I was in agony too, sooo wasn't expecting to feel like I was in Labour again lol. Luckily they died off by day 2 for me, don't think I could have coped for much longer. My MW was well stingy about giving me paracetamol too :nope:

I made it to the other side! I posted a thread in third tri but I will come back when I have more time xx

We were wondering where you had gone hun, Congratulations. Going to go and take a look in 3rd tri now. Catch up soon xx

Max and Katy- that sounds like James. In fact I was just Reading up about infant reflux because I'm convinced James has it!

I think I'm going to make a doctors appointment on Monday for Edward. He needs to get his skin looked at again anyway xx

hi every one !
Kailee growing to fast lol. shes already to big for anything newborn its all to tight or short on her the diapers made her legs red no matter how lose so i went to size one and she moves her head around so well now. i wish she slow down a little

hi every one !
Kailee growing to fast lol. shes already to big for anything newborn its all to tight or short on her the diapers made her legs red no matter how lose so i went to size one and she moves her head around so well now. i wish she slow down a little

I'm teh same! Shleby is in 0-3 babygrows which just about fit her legs but I've got the arms folded down and the body is really big on her! I'm gutted, I got a load of super cute newborn grows from a girl on here and I've only had use of them for 2 weeks :(

i only had a few newborn but they were so cute so now she wears 0-3. i have a sleep bag but i still dont know if she be okay in that. i just read back and my Lo wears outfits lol. i dress her with outfits in the day but they are usually nice soft cotton pants and a lil soft shirt. i like pants more then sleeper cuz buttons/snaps confuse me lol

Max and Katy- that sounds like James. In fact I was just Reading up about infant reflux because I'm convinced James has it!

Claire, it becomes more obvious around six weeks of age, as when they are newborn they feed so little and often. When they reach around 6 weeks they are taking fuller feeds and thats when they really struggle to keep it down, so if you have noticed james seems to have become progressively worse then it probably is reflux.

I dress fraser in baby gros and sleepsuits only, unless we are going to visit someone then i will pop him in an outfit. I think that comes with him being a fourth, i know there is a high chance he will only poo or vomit on whatever he is wearing! He is still in newborn at the moment, 0-3 months drown him!

Katy, if you think edward has reflux definitely take him to the docs, especially with you having it. Sorry to hear he wasnt into sleeping last night, it does sound like something must have been troubling him. Its so hard when they are that small, they cant tell you and you arent psychic, but dont blame yourself whatever you do, you arent doing anything wrong. Fraser is my fourth and for the past two nights he has grizzled his way through 7pm onward...babies are a mystery for the most xxx

They really are a mystery. If only they were born able to talk and tell us what's wrong :lol: xx

Thanks xxx

My hubby thinks I'm overeacting and keeps saying all baby's are sick, but I just know something isn't right? I'm his mum I know best lol. He keeps bringing stuff up in his throat all the time I can hear it. Plus all the other symptoms.

most babies do posset yes, but there is a big different between a little posset and projectile vomiting. Summer used to make that strange gulping noise in her throat...whenever she did it, she would suddenly arch out and scream. We figured it was swallowing back down the millk burning her throat. Not nice.

Wow.. I've got lots to catch up on!!

Firsly, am i the only one who is going out most days for long periods?? The day after Harrison was born i was in town, and ever since ive got out and about? Like today im leaving at 12ish to go watch other half play football in southend (about 90mins drive) im driving up on my own and wont be coming home till 5.30 with otherhalf in the car on way back??

Secondly i think harrison might have this silent relux, during most feeds he will make that gulping noise one or twice and once hes finished and burped put him on his back and he really grunts loud?? He isnt sick much tho??

I have been out and about every day since fraser was born, we have been visiting folk, gone to the playzone, library, shopping etc etc. If he was my first I would probably not be out so much but i have the other kids to think about, cant lock them away in the house!

With silent reflux, your baby will scream like nothing else when feeding and afterward. Its a really piercing cry. When they do the gulping thing, thats when they scream the most, because its burning the throat when swallowed back down, like heart burn as such. Its horrible to see your baby in so much pain. Summer was so bad, she used to cry on sight of the bottle, she went through a time of associating the bottle with pain.

Harrisons only just started to cry during a bottle which i thought was odd. Ill keep an eye out if its once hes made the gulping noise. But when hes fed he really strains hard, like hes popping but he isnt.

oh and ladies im on facebook too, add me... Ginny Long

Will add you now :)

I've been out and about a fair bit. First week home I went out to register him on the Tues and took him to the doctors and round a few shops on the Weds and Thurs. Then last week we went out to do the food shopping, then went shopping to town, then went out with my friend and went for a big walk in the afternoon. So trying to get out and about, but at the minute I try to time it so we're at home when he needs changing/feeding because he screams the place down when you change his nappy xx

ive went out quite a few times shopping, doctors, coffee with my mom. and it a couple weeks im start classes that talk about babies devlopent and stuff. funny thing the first time i went shopping lil one was a week old and i was told by my doctor to take it easy not go out much and i saw him while i was shopping lol OH even waved to him and was conviced he looked angry at me because i didnt listen

I have been out and about every day since fraser was born, we have been visiting folk, gone to the playzone, library, shopping etc etc. If he was my first I would probably not be out so much but i have the other kids to think about, cant lock them away in the house!

With silent reflux, your baby will scream like nothing else when feeding and afterward. Its a really piercing cry. When they do the gulping thing, thats when they scream the most, because its burning the throat when swallowed back down, like heart burn as such. Its horrible to see your baby in so much pain. Summer was so bad, she used to cry on sight of the bottle, she went through a time of associating the bottle with pain.

This is the worst bit, the screaming in pain, breaks my heart everytime.

I've been out most days! Been trying to walk quite a bit, I want to get myself back in shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->