~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Thanks caz. We put thomas up in crib in our room for nap in morning and then at night with monitors on. I nap at the morning nap if i can, thats 11 to 2 more or less. His times are similar to contented baby but i dont wake for feeds! I tried once and if wasnt having it! He sleeps a lot in afternoon which i need to try and change so if will be more tired for night time. My sister told me that my milk is settling down to his needs and not to worry. She bf both her kids, so she Remembers some stuff. My other sister is a nurse so she is helpful with other stuff and she says it wld not be drastic if i had to swap to formula, wonder what the six week growth spurt will be like!

I keep James with me, but in the evening about 8 ish I go upstairs with him and we both get ready for bed so as to calm him down. I have found this helps stop the 4am bed times! My OH is away though so it doesn't really matter to me if I'm sat in the dark lol. I still watch telly for a bit in my room. I'm not sure I could have him in a different room but then I tend to sleep when he is anyway as he is awake a lot at night!

what sort of routine have u got ur babies into. harrison hasnt really got one and i think i should start something soon

what sort of routine have u got ur babies into. harrison hasnt really got one and i think i should start something soon

I'm sorry Ginny, you're going to have to explain what the word in bold means. It doesn't seem to be part of my vocabulary just now...:haha:

The only routine James has is that he always goes down about midday for a nap, and the evening routine which I described above lol. I am bf though so he wants feeding when he wants, I think we'll just go into a routine naturally when he wants to. I'm not stressing about it, I feel like I'm still pregnant in a way, my body is still his when he wants it! I'm quite a relaxed person though and so is James so it suits us.

our little girl now weighs 7lb6oz! :happydance:

5 days ago she was just over her birth weight. so happy :)

that's great Sam!

I've got a quick question, I've noticed over the last week or so I've noticed james' soft spot sinking. It does go back up but it's def down a lot more than it used to be. Do you think that he's dehydrated? Or is it normal for it to go up and down?

Claire- I'm not an expert but from what I've heard sunken soft spot is a sign of dehydration.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, think I will make a GP appointment. I need to go anyway because I'm having problems with my boob. The left is dry now, but the right feels as though it's burning inside and when it leaks it feels like it's on fire, along with an awful stabbing pain right through my nipple and into my boob.

Had a very eventful day today, went round to my mums before just to say hi and ended up accompanying her to hospital with a suspected heart attack :( she's only 45. She's been kept in overnight and needs to have a lot more tests done but hopefully she'll be home tomorrow xx

OMG Katy, how awful! I really hope that she is ok!

His soft spot does go up again say after the next feed, I just wasn't sure if it's normal for it to go down inbetween feeds? I'm going to the HV tomorrow so I'll ask her as well.

Hi katy hope your mum is ok. Do you have flu like symptoms, cld be mastitis. Hope you are ok. Thomas just fed for 30mins! His last feed was at 8.40 not even 2 hours ago! Xx

Katy-glad you are going to make an appt, more for your own peace of mind than anything and :hugs: for your mum.

Claire - A sunken soft spot means a bit of dehydration which is why it goes back up after feeds, it can go down quicker if baby is too hot or overdue a feed through sleeping through etc

Emma -I have a moses basket in the front room for Tahlia during the day and one in our bedroom for the night. She stays in the front room with us till we go to bed atm, but will be put upstairs with a monitor on from about 2-3 mths old after her 7pm ish feed depending on when & if I feel comfortable with the idea.

The only kinda routine that we have atm (and was the same with our son) is that night time is no fun & for sleeping only, we use a very low night light for during feeds & bum changes & don't talk to her, she feeds gets burped and then put straight back down.

Hi katy hope your mum is ok. Do you have flu like symptoms, cld be mastitis. Hope you are ok. Thomas just fed for 30mins! His last feed was at 8.40 not even 2 hours ago! Xx

Greedy boy :haha: It might be a growth spurt starting. Tahlia does this sometimes too. Had the BF lady visit today and she has told me to let her drop off the boob herself, then burp her/change her etc & offer the other one too as sometimes the hormones in the milk that make them sleepy makes them fall asleep before they are full which is why she sometimes seems to feed so often. Am going to try this and see if it works.

that's great Sam!

I've got a quick question, I've noticed over the last week or so I've noticed james' soft spot sinking. It does go back up but it's def down a lot more than it used to be. Do you think that he's dehydrated? Or is it normal for it to go up and down?

Hi claire, the fontanelle does sink if they havent fed for a good while, it is dehydration, but as long as there is not more than 4-5 hours between feeds it shouldnt be problem. Fraser's will be sunken a little after a 5 hour stretch of sleep but soon rightens with a good feed.

Katy, I am sorry to hear about your mum, I hope she will be okay :( definitely get your boob checked out, you dont need to be ill on top of everything :hugs:

Sam, well done your little one! Such a nice feeling when they are gaining weight.

Emma, Fraser had his first night upstairs with monitor from 6.45pm. In his cot. Before it was a carry cot in the lounge till we went to bed.

Well yesterday we finally broke the all evening awake thing. Fraser slept from 6.45pm till 10pm, then 11pm till 3.45am, then 4am till 7am. It was so nice to get an evening back, though i was glad to see him come ten!

Thanks Max, he feed every 2 hours most of the time so definately not to long between feeds!

Glad to hear you had a good night, James is starting to go down at night as well now which is such a big difference!

I'm off to the HV today to get my chubber weighed!

morning everyone!!!

hope you are all well this morning :)

we're off to register xander this morning - lol, im feeling mischevious - what shall i change his name too hee hee. was thinking maybe sheer khan or bagheera???

catch you all later xxxx

Thanks caz, might try that. We had a tough night. He fed very frequently and didnt sleep much.

Lol lana - give him a silly middle name! Go on go on go on!

I'm sitting in the park in the sunshine cuddling my wee minx. I was walking along and she started crying
Do I picked him and. Walked carrying her to the closest seat and lady came up and said how nice it was to see someone
Actually pick up their baby when she cried as she sees so many mums with screaming babies ignoring them.
I feel like such a good mum now! And I did my first public breastfeed this morning. It wasn't that scary either! Go me! :happydance:

Excuse bad spelling/wrong words am on blackberry! Lol

anyone attempted to dtd yet? the thought of it knocks me sick! OH isnt coming near me until im all healed and my stitches have gone, so maybe after 6 week check..maybe longer we shall see :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->