~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

gill- well done on the public BF, it's such a big deal, I remember it all to well. I havent done it with Tahlia yet as shes got a lazy latch & sucks, comes off has a stretch & goes back on a few times b4 she feeds properly & dont really want fully exposing to the world atm :haha:

Max- wow, what a good night. We had a rotton one again & in the end I came downstairs with her so DH got some sleep b4 Kaden got up.

Pixie- sorry, don't know your name, we seem to have had a similar night.

anyone attempted to dtd yet? the thought of it knocks me sick! OH isnt coming near me until im all healed and my stitches have gone, so maybe after 6 week check..maybe longer we shall see :lol:

Never again :rofl: Nah, gonna leave it a while longer. They recommend trying it b4 the 6 week check tho so they know if everything is 'ok'.:haha:

God no :sex: for a long time yet! I think somethings not right down there. Feels like I've put a tampon up there but its half fallen out..if you know what I mean..? I'll get a mirror later and have a look!
Stupid thing is, me and hubby were cuddling and kissing other night when Shelby was sleeping and I soooo could have done it!

I want to :sex: but can't because my stitches aren't healed yet. So just waiting for them to hurry the hell up. xx

I DTD when Fraser was 6 days old but I had a very good labour, no tears/stitches etc, it didnt even hurt to pee.

I cant even think about DTD , mind you Aoibheann is only 6 days old . But I still feel too numb and weird down below . Also stitches will probably take a while yet to heal .

How long do they normally take to heal/dissolve? i got told anywhere between 2-6 weeks. Ive not checked down there for a week (ish) so i dunno, but when i did check they were still there! got to make an appt for my 6 week check soon, its only 4 weeks away - eek.

Not looking forward to it, if ive not healed, well i dunno - do they check if your healed?

I'm too afraid to ask those questions ? Did anyone OH notice a difference as in ... did they still enjoy it :blush: I'm afraid I'll be loose and ... :blush: he wont enjoy it , sorry such a TMI question ?

Would love to DTD but still have a bit of period/loss from having him! Stitches dissolve after about 2 weeks but they recommend waiting till 6 weeks as skin my not be fully strong! So tired.
On a plus he put on nearly a pound in a week for the second week running so that is good. Nurse says to put my t-shirt on the cot for him to smell me and warm up the cot slightly so will try that. She also said that if we want to top up with formula that I would need to express at that time so that body makes the prolactin at night for the milk production. With the comfort sucking on nipple she asked if i tried soother and I said that he doesnt really like it, I wonder actually as Im typing if I dipped some breast milk on it would he take it?????

Oh and fennel tea (wont like the taste) but it will help my digeston so that will help with his wind too. Am to give him infacol before all feeds too.

My mum says that once he starts to see his hands and other things he will stay awake during the day for longer periods - bring it on, then he might sleep at night!!!

Jane

Okay, I feel a bit :blush: posting this, but has anyone else found that since they gave birth they had what I can only describe as a huge rush of love towards their OH? Mine seems to be wearing off now, but for the first 2 weeks it was almost like the start of the relationship all over again xx

every child i have had i have felt that katy. Its why they say having a child strengthens a relationship. When you are so in love with your baby, you cant help but love your partner, for helping make the baby! And when they prove to be really supportive and understanding, its even more so. My DH really came through for me with my first, he took over when I had PND but never held it against me, always tried to understand and didnt expect anything of me. With my labour with Fraser, it went so quickly i gave birth 30 minutes after arriving at hospital. As my last two births had been epidurals, I was totally terrified, but he was fantastic, i really dont think i could have coped as well as i did without him there. Enjoy it!

Evening girls!

I dtd at 12 days after, I really missed the intimacy with Hubby and like you said Katy I felt so close when we first got bk from the hospital. I'm glad we just got on with it as I was worried about it, if anything it felt tighter but went better than I thought! My hubby is grumpy if he doesn't get any as well lol, so easier just to do it so he's nice haha.

Morning ladies

Samzi - i soooooooo want to DTD but im not gunna even try till after my 6 week check up which is at the end of march ! all i keep remember is the doctor sticking her whole hand up there! it bloody well puts me off.....

Katy - i felt like that for the first 2 week towards my OH, i have been getting annoyed with him lately tho, think its due to lack of sleep!!

Adam just woke up for a feed, and dropped off pretty quickly, from 9 till 1 he was wide awake tho but OH stayed up with him, so i feel a bit better now iv had some sleep....

hope you ladies & babies are keeping well

p.s is this normal? Adam has lost all his hair at the front? i know babies lose hair at the back, but never heard at the front, he is bald on top and hair at the sides, looks rather funny
xx

Have u ladies had to book your 6 week check up yourself or do the surgery write to you??

Good morning all.

Anne-marie, its normal. Summer lost all her hair at the sides when she was about a month old but kept it on top. Looked like a buzz cut lol! Mason lost a lot of his hair all over, but then he was born with heaps. Frasers looks to be thinning out a little too much to my horror. It takes ages to grow back!

Well we seem to have cracked the evenings now, the wee man settled for 6.00pm yesterday but then decided to wake up at 7.30pm, at this age it had to be hunger so I winded him then fed him again, he took another 2 ounce on top of the 4ounce he took at 6pm, brought up two huge burps then settled for 8pm. He then slept till we woke him at 11pm. He stayed awake until around 1am, then slept till 5.30am. I got him up at 7.30am and he is currently laid on his play mat admiring himself in the little mirror. With the hiccups.

Not taking the girls to preschool today though, the last few days have been hectic and I am giving myself a day off from the rush to get out the door.

Okay, I feel a bit :blush: posting this, but has anyone else found that since they gave birth they had what I can only describe as a huge rush of love towards their OH? Mine seems to be wearing off now, but for the first 2 weeks it was almost like the start of the relationship all over again xx

Oh completley , I cant let him away from me when he's home . I sleep on his chest again like i did in the beginning and just feel so overwhelmed by how much I love him . :blush: . Ugh rough night last nigh . Aoibheann takes her bottles every four hours , but between twelve and half one last nigh when I put her back down for a sleep she kept whimpering . Not even really crying just giving out . |I'd pick her up every ten mins , wind her and put her back down until she fell asleep I don't know if I was right ?

Have u ladies had to book your 6 week check up yourself or do the surgery write to you??

you have to book it :)

Thanks max, its put my mind at rest, just strange how 2 days ago, he had a head full of hair, now he is almost as bald as a coot! x

Anne-marie- James looks like an old man where he just has hair round the sides lol.

I have to book my appointment Ginny!

James was up every hour last night screaming with tummy ache. I keep trying to wind him but nothing is coming up. It's really upsetting me seeing him in pain I feel so useless!

I had a letter through saying to book it, going to get it sorted today

well ood morning ladies, he slept a bit better but was awake 9.15 pm - 12 midnight, then fed at 2 and six but didnt sleep well after 6 - 7 to 8.30 and 11 - 12, fed at 10 and now on again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->