~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Hi all.

DTD......... oh my god i couldn't even begin to think about this! Hats off to those of you managing it but the thought makes me go weak in the belly!

Gill - brilliant on the breastfeeding in public!!! I think its something im not going to be able to do, i just cant bring myself to do it, i wish i could but i hate my boobs and couldnt bare anybody seeing them. should get over it i guess!

Katy i feel really close to oh again, been a bit upset as he's gone back to work today and its been great having him home, i guess its good to get back into a routine but still, i'd rather he was here.

I ended up sticking to our chosen name yesterday lol........ Richard wasnt finding my alternate suggestions amusing :(

well ood morning ladies, he slept a bit better but was awake 9.15 pm - 12 midnight, then fed at 2 and six but didnt sleep well after 6 - 7 to 8.30 and 11 - 12, fed at 10 and now on again.

sounds as hectic as Alexanders feeding :wacko:

Just had Vinnie weighed. Hes now 9lb 4oz.
He was weighed last Tuesday at 6 days old and was still his birth weight.
Thats 1lb2oz in a week :O

When you change babys nappy what do u use on their bums? Like do u just wipe and put the clean nappy on or do you use a cream/talc/ etc??

Lana- All official now then. We registered Tahlia when she was 3 days old, I couldn't wait :haha:. When we had Kaden, we were living in Cyprus and the military had to do all the registering for us so I felt like I had missed out a bit. Was knackered when we had got back from doing it mind, but it was a lovely feeling doing it ourselves :cloud9:.

We had a bit of a better night, she slept longer between feeds thank god! Is anybody else suffering from headaches? I have them everyday and I am drinking loads so cant be dehydration. I am also coming out in hives all over my body, and they are soooo itchy and look horrid:nope:. I have them on my legs, over my tummy, down my arms, between my thighs etc - I really struggle not to sit itching them like mad as it seems to make them worse. Think I may need to make a docs appt, but really cant work out what they are from, I've not changed washing powder or anything:shrug:.

When you change babys nappy what do u use on their bums? Like do u just wipe and put the clean nappy on or do you use a cream/talc/ etc??

Well done you on the weight gain :thumbup:. Bet you're happy with that.

I dont use anything on the bums, I just clean and then put a new nappy on. If and when Kaden got any rashes (which I can count on 1 hand) I used Metanium cream to heal it. Some barrier creams actually stop the nappies absorbing the wee etc properly as it gets on the nappy itself, but everybody is different, there isn't a right or wrong thing to do.:flower:

Brilliant on the weight gain! I had James weighed yesterday and he was 10lb 2oz! very pleased.

Ijust use cotton wool and water on James. I then use a bit of tissue to make sure he is completely dry before butting a nappy on. I just use cream if hes a bit sore.

great on reg xander! wahoo all official.

My hubby is bk tomorrow and hes quit the forces last week. he would normally need to give a years notice, but because hes bk in training and is grumpy the OC let him leave with a weeks notice! I have no idea what we will do for money but great that hes home!

Claire- Yay for hubby being home :)

Lucia- I usually just use wipes to clean his bum and then put new nappy on. If his bum is really red then I put a bit of sudocrem on. Well done on his weight gain :)

Ann marie- Edward's hair is falling out on the top too.

Ginny- my docs sent me out my 6 week check appoinments when I registered Edward.

Caz- Sounds like you need to go the docs with that. I keep getting headaches but mine are lack of sleep and dehydration

Me and OH dtd last night :) Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My stitches were slightly sore after, and it hurt a teeny bit to begin with but all in all it was fine xx

Aww lana no fun! lol How's it going for you? Been a while since you've been on.

Caz - Did you have an epidural? It could possibly be dural tap headache. I did have a slight headache for a day but it went away when I drunk more fluids - I thought I might have had dural tap as I had an epidural but then it went away when I drunk a bit more.

Lucia - Congrats on the weight! I don't put anything on unless she's looking a bit sore/red. I've only put on the tiniest amount of sudacream ( and really rubbed it right in so nothing is left on the skin and therefore rubbing off on the nappy so its not absorbent) twice so far and afterwards left her bum free for half an hour to air! :haha: Poor baby naked from the waist down lying on her changing mat on the bathroom floor! :haha: I use water and cotton during the day but at night I can't face getting out of bed so use baby wipes and change her in bed where she sleeps - I'm sooo lazy! lol I make sure her first nappy change is a good water clean though so any baby wipe residue is clean off her skin.

Aww thats great Claire! I'm sure the money situation will sort itself out. Enjoy having him home before he goes back out to another job! (eg - give him James every time he needs changed and go for a nap before he comes back so he has to look after him! :haha:)

Someone mention loving their oh's more - I totally do! I really miss him now he's back at work again but we're coping. I love dressing Shelby up for when Daddy gets home - She's in a "daddys little princess" top today! lol

OMG jealous Katy! I want to dtd but I'm too scared. I've still got stuff falling out of foof and my bum is really sore too - not sure if its the dreaded rhoids or if I've got a small tear up there. Oh well - the joys! I think I'm gonna wait till 6 weeks even if it all suddenly feels better. Poor hubby :haha: I told him he can go enjoy himself though! :rofl:

Edward is still feeding all over the place too, last night was 10pm, midnight, 2.30am, 5.30am, 9am...he didn't sleep in between either for the first few so I only got to sleep about 4am and then he woke again an hour and a half later :dohh: xx

:thumbup: well done on the weight gain baby Vinnie!! Thats fab!!

I havnt been using anything on Alexanders bottom regularly, but once every day or two I put a bit of sudocream on - just as a prevention, he has such a soft little bottom but dont want to put too many different things on him yet when he seems to be ok. So for the most part i just wipe him with wet wipes and let him air his bum a bit before I put another nappy back on (always a risk with boys thouh eh lol)

Lana- All official now then. We registered Tahlia when she was 3 days old, I couldn't wait :haha:. When we had Kaden, we were living in Cyprus and the military had to do all the registering for us so I felt like I had missed out a bit. Was knackered when we had got back from doing it mind, but it was a lovely feeling doing it ourselves :cloud9:.

We had a bit of a better night, she slept longer between feeds thank god! Is anybody else suffering from headaches? I have them everyday and I am drinking loads so cant be dehydration. I am also coming out in hives all over my body, and they are soooo itchy and look horrid:nope:. I have them on my legs, over my tummy, down my arms, between my thighs etc - I really struggle not to sit itching them like mad as it seems to make them worse. Think I may need to make a docs appt, but really cant work out what they are from, I've not changed washing powder or anything:shrug:.

Headaches - yes!!! They kick in early evening, was just moaning to Richard I had one starting now. Tend to ease of with a couple of paracetamol though and a warm drink. You getting enough fluids in the day? Im terrible for remembering to look after myself and sometimes I've just been a bit dehydrated (slap on the wrists for me, not going to be helping my milk supply :dohh:)

With your skin - is it possibly just stress related? I suffer with psoriasis and when im tired or stressed or whatever I get flare ups in little patches... your body might just be reacting to the sleep deprivation hun. Docs prob be able to give you something to stop any itching or pain though, worth going to get it looked at either way xx

Oh my gosh ... I'm so tired I'm slurring my words :(

:haha:

Shouldn't laugh but I can because im the same. I love the last feed at night before bed when im trying to hold a conversation with Richard before we go upstairs - I miss half of what he's saying and then reply with something that partially makes sense in some weird form of english xx

Shouldn't laugh but I can because im the same. I love the last feed at night before bed when im trying to hold a conversation with Richard before we go upstairs - I miss half of what he's saying and then reply with something that partially makes sense in some weird form of english xx

Hahaha laugh away , sounds exactly like me . had friends visit today and I cant even remember what we spoke about . I know I should sleep when babys sleeping but I end up cleaning or on here ! :shrug:

Aww lana no fun! lol How's it going for you? Been a while since you've been on.

Caz - Did you have an epidural? It could possibly be dural tap headache. I did have a slight headache for a day but it went away when I drunk more fluids - I thought I might have had dural tap as I had an epidural but then it went away when I drunk a bit more.

Lucia - Congrats on the weight! I don't put anything on unless she's looking a bit sore/red. I've only put on the tiniest amount of sudacream ( and really rubbed it right in so nothing is left on the skin and therefore rubbing off on the nappy so its not absorbent) twice so far and afterwards left her bum free for half an hour to air! :haha: Poor baby naked from the waist down lying on her changing mat on the bathroom floor! :haha: I use water and cotton during the day but at night I can't face getting out of bed so use baby wipes and change her in bed where she sleeps - I'm sooo lazy! lol I make sure her first nappy change is a good water clean though so any baby wipe residue is clean off her skin.

Aww thats great Claire! I'm sure the money situation will sort itself out. Enjoy having him home before he goes back out to another job! (eg - give him James every time he needs changed and go for a nap before he comes back so he has to look after him! :haha:)

Someone mention loving their oh's more - I totally do! I really miss him now he's back at work again but we're coping. I love dressing Shelby up for when Daddy gets home - She's in a "daddys little princess" top today! lol

I know - i've had to abandon any form of social life (internet forums included lol) as I've been so whacked I havnt been able to organise myself to do anything. But it has been a good thing as I feel like im starting to get in a bit of order and feeding is getting easier etc.... so its all going pretty well thanks Gill.... The only thing that needs sorting now is some sleep at night! :sleep: oh how it is a distant memory!! But you all know that ha ha.

Claire thats great that your hubby will be home!! Im so jealous, I really want Richard to stay home. I even told him I dont mind being totally poor as long as it means we can be together and have family days every day. In fairness i'd probably kill him after a couple of weeks lol

Gill - thats cute that you dress up Shelby for daddy coming home, bless you!

x

Hahaha laugh away , sounds exactly like me . had friends visit today and I cant even remember what we spoke about . I know I should sleep when babys sleeping but I end up cleaning or on here ! :shrug:

I've slept once in the day when Xander has slept. I really should do it more bit there is always something to be doing in the house or someone wanting to pop round. He's in a little routine of sleeping after the school run through til 12pm - thats 3 hours everyday I could be sleeping in peace............ methinks I should be doing it!

Very hard with the constant stream of visitors . We must try to though or we'll be zombie mummies !

Claire - Great news for your hubby coming home, I bet you are smiling like a cheshire cat!!

Lana - thanks for that, I dont think that I am dehydreated, I seem to have a glass of water permanently attached to my wrist, but it could be sleep deprevation related. I think I am deff going to have to go to the docs about the rashes, they are driving me nuts and it is so itchy. I seem to be covered in red bumps - very attractive :haha:

Katy - Well done you for having the guts to 'you know...' , it'll be a few weeks for me yet. Plus I am still bleeding a bit, it seems to die right down, then come back when I go for a walk or do too much :(

BTW -I still don't know everybodys names, so sorry if I still refer to your BNB names, I am trying to pick them up as I go along.

I am quite tired today, and she had a better night last night too. I fell asleep on the sofa when lil man was in bed earlier, but he woke up straight away & came to wake me up, then when DH took him out the garden to give me some peace the postman woke me up and Tahlia too, so I only got about half an hour in the end - gutted.

BTW -I still don't know everybodys names, so sorry if I still refer to your BNB names, I am trying to pick them up as I go along.

I forget them and I'm the one who thought of calling by our real names :haha:

I've changed my sig so my name is in it (not that mine is hard to tell :haha: but we're do have baby brains!) If you girlies get time/remember we should all do that! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->