~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Lots of good advice on here recently :) thanks Max. Will be taking note of some of it. Edward definitely keeps getting himself over tired and then he's a nightmare! He does seem to be settling into some kind of pattern though, he feeds around 10 or 11pm, then at 2am ish, then 6 or 7 ish, then 9-10, then 1pm ish, then 4ish, then 7ish. Sometimes he seems like he's getting close to dropping his 2am feed as he doesn't take much at all, less than an ounce, but other times he takes the whole thing :shrug: xx

Hey Max thanks for all your advice. James definately gets overtired but I'm struggling to get him to sleep in the day other than in the car or pram! Who was saying about spoiling? I hate it when people say that, they're tiny babies of course they want to be comforted!
Hopefully if I can get the sleep sorted the feeds will also sort themselves out! I've expressed 4oz I'm really pleased with myself hopefully that will mean he gets a good feed tonight and maybe go a bit longer!

yeeaahh...Evie was weighed today at 1 week old, and is her birth weight, which means she's gained any loss back.....makes me feel like I'm doing something right, and all the sleep deprivation is worth it xxx

Hey Max thanks for all your advice. James definately gets overtired but I'm struggling to get him to sleep in the day other than in the car or pram! Who was saying about spoiling? I hate it when people say that, they're tiny babies of course they want to be comforted!
Hopefully if I can get the sleep sorted the feeds will also sort themselves out! I've expressed 4oz I'm really pleased with myself hopefully that will mean he gets a good feed tonight and maybe go a bit longer!

4oz is an excellent amount to get especially when fully breastfeeding well done! Wasnt me saying about spoiling though, I love a good cuddle as much as the next mum! I have Fraser in bed with me some nights, not because he wont settle in the cot but because i like snuggling up to him, he is going to be my last baby so I am more than happy to 'spoil' him....but I still need to try make sure I am getting enough sleep to cope with my other children, thats why i am more routine led than baby led I suppose.

I remember being at playgroup once when elsie was still a tiny baby and listening to this mum telling a new mum that her three month old baby was manipulating her, I was horrified, but thankfully I dont think the new mum was paying her much heed.

Good luck tonight with the extra milk, hope you get a wee bit longer x

Well, this evening i got a migraine. I havent had one since pregnant with elsie, so over 3 years ago now, and never had one when not pregnant, so it totally knocked me for six. It was a classic migraine, so I had the aura first, flashing lights, pins and needles, unable to talk properly, it was pretty frightening and i ended up having a bit of a panic attack because i couldnt focus properly to see what the kids were doing.

I really hope its a one off and it wont happen again, though thankfully paul walked in just as fraser woke and needed tended too, at that point i couldnt focus on anything it was all a blurred flashing mess. Fraser ended up going down a little later because of it and so was overtired, but i was able to settle him off after a cuddle and a bit more milk, just about to get him up for his feed.

Oh Max I know it wasn't you, you sound like an excellent mum, I will be taking your tips! wasn't it someones mum anyway? My nan told me to leave James outside in the pram inbetween feeds. Hmmm because ignoring him is going to stimulate him! I do try and take him out once a day for fresh air. It's funny what advice people give you! I hopE your migraine gets better soon xx

Cool chair my cuz has for her daughter

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=ht...FFFF&f=ifr&h=2c080353c7fd83fa62b5893425936cba

Not sure if link will work..

Thomas has been awake since 8.30 when he took 4oz of water, he took 3.5 oz of a feed at 10 and not slept, gave him
Gripe water at 1am and if slept briefly then got really upset hot and bothered i stripped him down and patted him with wet flannel and he eventually calmed down and i re-dressed him, feeding since 1.50 and hopefully he will settle for a few hours. Anyone else had this with baby?

Did any of you get sharp stabby pains in ur low belows about 8 days post birth...the midwife reckons my uterus will be back in place by my last visit on tuesday...are these pains it just contracting back, cos ouch !!! :cry:

Hi Emma I had period type pains for the first 2 or 3 weeks and took co-codomol all the time.

Thomas slept after his feed for 4 hours and then at 7 took 3.5 oz of expressed milk, just expressed the left boob as it was rock hard and got 6.5 oz from it, the other one is ok as he fed from it at 3 am. We are so tired, I bet he sleeps all day now. Really dont know why he was so upset in himself at all.

ok, I officially want my oh to go back to work now.....he's starting to pace like a caged animal and is doing my rocks in. men :growlmad:

hey ladies.

Issy has her great granny coming to visit today as well as granny and grandad. Busy day! Luckily they arent arriving until this afternoon. Ive got to tidy the kitchen a bit cos its a wee bit messy, already made the bathroom look respectable :lol:

Managed to just about fit into my pre pregnancy jeans but my god its a tight fit and theres a bit of the old tum hanging over but ive got a baggy'ish top on so shouldnt be too noticable

I began to get pain around the 8 day mark, I am pretty certain it was to do with trapped wind...bowels. Ahem lol. Even now if i get wind it can be a little achey.

claire, with my first, I once had my next door neighbour come up to me and tell me off for waking her when she was sleeping....apparently i should have left her in her pram in front of the house, which was in a very rough cul de sac at the time, in boscombe bournemouth! I think not lol! Another lady woke summer up one day , by pulling her hat up off her eyes...summer used to pull it down herself when she was tired to go to sleep! Course summer woke and screamed blue murder and i got berated for near suffocating my baby lol! Funny people.

Well migraine is all gone today, thankfully though i will probably be living in fear for a few weeks of having another one, horrible things. I really hate the loss of vision part, but it cant be helped i suppose.

Fraser continues to do well, he woke up on his lunchtime nap after doing the biggest poo, it was horrific lol. I changed him, gave him another 2 ounce and put him back down, he went back off to sleep so all is quiet at the moment.

Mason had a fever yesterday of 39.0, i think its to do with his MMR last week. This morning it was 39.2 but nurofen keeps it down. He is very clingy though which is quite hard when Fraser is awake, because they both need me and I dont have enough arms. Thankfully paul is home today to help though.

Hope everyone is okay and getting a bit of sleep xx

Hey all! I finally have got Shelby to sleep somewhere other than on me! :happydance: She's currently sleeping in her bouncy chair and without a dummy! She had it most of yesterday afternoon and some of the night but she's only had it for an hour earlier and went to sleep on her own refusing the dummy when offered. wohoo. Seems she really does only want it to help with wind pains! lol

She had a wee peeling on her top lip yesterday, i thought a few days ago that she had a blister in the centre of her top lip but wasn't sure if it was one or not. It peeled yesterday and the area is still bulbous but I think it must be the shape of her lip and the skin has maybe just rubbed from her vigorous sucking. Any of you girls had the same??

p.s anyone use those boob pads that collect the milk as opposed to absorb it? My boobs leak sooo bad I'm often soaking without realising. I'm using tommee tippe disposable pads just now which are fine until i sit staring at her and my boobs go cookoo leaking like mad :haha:

Knackered. Edward has decided not to sleep. Full stop. Last night he fed at 10.30pm, midnight, 1.15am, 3am, then 5am he was screaming but not hungry but wouldn't sleep on his own at all so had to have him on my chest until his feed at 7am, then had to have him on my chest again till got up at 10am. Since then he's refused to sleep until half hour before his next feed, then since 2.30 I finally managed to get him to sleep 10 mins ago and now he's awake again :(

I have no idea what's wrong with him xx

She had a wee peeling on her top lip yesterday, i thought a few days ago that she had a blister in the centre of her top lip but wasn't sure if it was one or not. It peeled yesterday and the area is still bulbous but I think it must be the shape of her lip and the skin has maybe just rubbed from her vigorous sucking. Any of you girls had the same??

both of mine got the blistered lips, its a breastfeeding thing my hv told me, as I was worried when it happened at first.

Knackered. Edward has decided not to sleep. Full stop. Last night he fed at 10.30pm, midnight, 1.15am, 3am, then 5am he was screaming but not hungry but wouldn't sleep on his own at all so had to have him on my chest until his feed at 7am, then had to have him on my chest again till got up at 10am. Since then he's refused to sleep until half hour before his next feed, then since 2.30 I finally managed to get him to sleep 10 mins ago and now he's awake again :(

I cant offer any advice, but know how you feel. Tahlia doesnt like sleeping at night, and am trying desperately to leave her whining in her moses for as long as poss on a night, but it's hard. So frustrating for me as she falls asleep on me after a feed & during winding but within a few minutes of being put down she is awake! Eg, last night she fed at 9pm, then at 1140, then 1.30am, then 4am and then 6am, but between these feeds spent ages being awake - therefore keeping me up, by winging leading to screaming & me picking her up & for her to fall asleep on me - little tinker!!! You must be exhausted hun :hugs:

My first did this, only slept on her dad, cried when put down....we had to grin & bare it and went through nights of controlled crying and eventually she would go down no bother.....its horrible, but you kinda have to set the scene now b4 he gets into a bad habit, I feel ur pain though, have been there...:flower:

ok ladies, prolapse ?? Anyone with any experience as I think i have one.....after a 3rd degree tear, and a 2nd degree tear & a 9lb baby, think my low belows have given up....def something pushing down.......:cry:

I know this might not be what you wanted but have you girls thought about just having them in your bed for one night just so you can get a bit of sleep? Shelby is slowly starting to nap in her crib now and just spends the night in bed with us. I'm getting a good 7/8 hours sleep, broken in 2/3 hour sections between feeds just because I have her in my bed. I'd rather do that than be too tired as I'll just start ignoring her or god forbid start shaking her or something crazy. It's bad enough when she's crying with wind pain to try and stay positive.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->