~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

*whinge* ... I hardly have the energy to be on here Im obsessed with trying to keep the house clean .. I feel like Im nesting I keep checking Aoibheann all the time and last night I had family drama I'll explain it in GS . but I just want to cry for a week ...

:hugs:

Max - thanks for the advice on Tahlias icky problem. I had the HV out today anyway and asked her what she thought, and Tahlia helped by showing her a couple of times what I was on about. The HV went straight to the doctors for me & managed to get a prescription of gaviscon for me which was ready to pick up when DH got back from work. So, have to give her it 3 times a day . Bit of a pain having it in powder form mind lol, & to try & get all 15mls down an asleep baby after a feed should be fun, but if it works it will be more than worth it. Thank you for mentioning it as I wouldnt have had a clue otherwise :thumbup: You seem to be the fountain of knowledge here in the Lovebugs Baby Club.

Max - thanks for the advice on Tahlias icky problem. I had the HV out today anyway and asked her what she thought, and Tahlia helped by showing her a couple of times what I was on about. The HV went straight to the doctors for me & managed to get a prescription of gaviscon for me which was ready to pick up when DH got back from work. So, have to give her it 3 times a day . Bit of a pain having it in powder form mind lol, & to try & get all 15mls down an asleep baby after a feed should be fun, but if it works it will be more than worth it. Thank you for mentioning it as I wouldnt have had a clue otherwise :thumbup: You seem to be the fountain of knowledge here in the Lovebugs Baby Club.

Are you breastfeeding caz? With the bottle you give mixed in with the feed. If you go out and buy an infant nurofen, you get a syringe with it, you should be able to suck up the the gaviscon mixture with that and squirt it into the back of tahlias mouth. I always thought gaviscon was meant to be given before a feed or during, but perhaps its different for breast fed babies?

You might find it helps to prop up her cot/moses basket/yourself (lol) when she is sleeping, either with a pillow under the mattress, or some books under legs of cot, so she is sleeping on a slope, head higher than feet. Also keep her upright for around 30 mins after a feed if you can and infacol helps a lot with mild reflux, as they tend to take in a lot of wind.

I was advised to wean summer at 3 months because solids are meant to help strengthen the weak stomach valve and are harder to bring up, but thats something your gp will probably discuss with you in due course, it might not be the done thing now.

I hope I dont come across as patronising, but with being a mum of four, it would be a bit rubbish of me not to know a thing or two about babies, albeit my own with every one being unique lol!

I feel like poo. I put Shelby against the wall last night so hubby and me could cuddle. I felt a like I could attempt :sex: but nope :cry: We kissed and cuddle but as soon as his hand stroked my slightly belly my belly I burst into tears. I'm too embarrassed to let him go down there now. It feel so horrid and lumpy and bumpy now. Its nothing like it was before. I'm not fussed about my stomach, but my foof is another thing. :cry: I'm never gonna have :sex: ever again :cry:

I feel like poo. I put Shelby against the wall last night so hubby and me could cuddle. I felt a like I could attempt :sex: but nope :cry: We kissed and cuddle but as soon as his hand stroked my slightly belly my belly I burst into tears. I'm too embarrassed to let him go down there now. It feel so horrid and lumpy and bumpy now. Its nothing like it was before. I'm not fussed about my stomach, but my foof is another thing. :cry: I'm never gonna have :sex: ever again :cry:

Awww course you will, just when you are ready, however long it takes. I know I was that nervous after summer, that i got slightly tipsy first :haha: and then just thought, heck may as well get it over and done with :dohh: how romantic! But it was no where near as bad as i thought. I bet your husband will still love your foof, no matter its condition!

course you will hun, it might just take longer than you thought. Remember that you have just pushed a baby out of you and it's gonna take time for it all to settle back :hugs: x

Are you breastfeeding caz? With the bottle you give mixed in with the feed. If you go out and buy an infant nurofen, you get a syringe with it, you should be able to suck up the the gaviscon mixture with that and squirt it into the back of tahlias mouth. I always thought gaviscon was meant to be given before a feed or during, but perhaps its different for breast fed babies?

You might find it helps to prop up her cot/moses basket/yourself (lol) when she is sleeping, either with a pillow under the mattress, or some books under legs of cot, so she is sleeping on a slope, head higher than feet. Also keep her upright for around 30 mins after a feed if you can and infacol helps a lot with mild reflux, as they tend to take in a lot of wind.

I was advised to wean summer at 3 months because solids are meant to help strengthen the weak stomach valve and are harder to bring up, but thats something your gp will probably discuss with you in due course, it might not be the done thing now.

I hope I dont come across as patronising, but with being a mum of four, it would be a bit rubbish of me not to know a thing or two about babies, albeit my own with every one being unique lol!

Patronising?, no, never lol. I meant it in a good way, us lovebugs are lucky to have you here :flower:

I am BF, the packet says to mix with cool boiled water though the HV did say to express my milk to mix it with I just dont want to express so early. The back of the packet does also say to give after a feed :shrug:, I guess its so it sits on top of the milk to keep it down maybe?. I have only given her one dose so far last night & gave her half during the feed when I burped her & the rest after. As I can only give her it 3 times a day I figured that lunchtime, teatime & just before bed would be best. I have to say although I know it can take a couple of days to kick in, we had a great night last night, she was only up twice between 0930pm and 0630am!! though that may be because she had such little sleep the 24 hrs before & was exhausted lol.:haha: I however fee like a new woman because if it :rofl:

Caz Nathan has the exact same thing and i am BF too. I am pissed off with the MW though as she says it is normal but i think there is no way it should be classed as normal as it is a LOT.

I have read about reflux and thought it could be this. I also notice nathans stomach looks quite bloated too.

Patronising?, no, never lol. I meant it in a good way, us lovebugs are lucky to have you here :flower:

I am BF, the packet says to mix with cool boiled water though the HV did say to express my milk to mix it with I just dont want to express so early. The back of the packet does also say to give after a feed :shrug:, I guess its so it sits on top of the milk to keep it down maybe?. I have only given her one dose so far last night & gave her half during the feed when I burped her & the rest after. As I can only give her it 3 times a day I figured that lunchtime, teatime & just before bed would be best. I have to say although I know it can take a couple of days to kick in, we had a great night last night, she was only up twice between 0930pm and 0630am!! though that may be because she had such little sleep the 24 hrs before & was exhausted lol.:haha: I however fee like a new woman because if it :rofl:

Aww thats great! Its amazing how they change from being so hard to handle to being so content. Summer became a totally different baby in 48 hours of starting gaviscon. She was three months old and 2 days after the gaviscon, she went from waking hourly in the night to sleeping right though. I couldnt believe it.

I think times must have changed since summer was having it, as I was told to give it in her bottle with every feed, which would make it roughly 6 times a day. I wonder why its only three times a day now, perhaps because tahlia is much younger than summer was when summer was diagnosed.

Aimee, it is normal per se for a baby to posset and struggle with wind etc, but you know yourself, from having kayden before nathan, whats 'normal', thats a bit patronising of the midwife to say that to you really. Mother always knows best. I remember with summer, my health visitor just refused to believe summer had reflux and insisted she had colic. I tried every colic remedy going and nothing would work. In the end i got some infant gaviscon over the counter and tried it, then went to the gp and told him how i had tried it and how much happier she was. That was that. You stand your ground, mild reflux is common in little babies, but it doesnt mean they should be left in pain, just because its common xx

Thanks Max, she is coming again today so i will mention it again but she seems a little inexperienced and just seems to brush everything under the carpet.

Max Reading how you get everyone ready in the morning made me feel tired, I don't know where you find the energy!

James is on gaviscon as well and seems to be making a difference, I'm expressing and giving after a feed, I've tried the syringe and bottleoptipn not sure which is best! He just spits most of it out. But it has made such a big difference.

Aimee- go see your gp I had to get the gp to prescribe it for James xx

Oh Gill :hugs:

Its still really early days hun!!! When I had belle, richard and I waited 10 weeks before even attempting sex. And you know what - it was fine and things had settled down nicely by that point so that everything seemed to be pretty much back to normal. It was a little awkward to start with as I was tense worrying it would hurt but when we got into it it didnt feel any different from before. Personally I plan to leave it just as long this time before we attempt sex... maybe a little longer this time as I did tear badly. I just think after what my poor foof went through with Alexanders birth Im going to give it lots of time to fully repair and so when we do come to have sex again hopefully I'll be back to normal like I was with belle.

You'll soon be back to having loads of sex!!!! Just don't out any pressure on yourself about it xxxx

Dont be so hard on yourself hun of course you will DTD again, my OH says its exactly the same as before, am sure your OH is not worried about your belly, probably proud of it because you gave him a beautiful child!
Big hugs.
Jane

Just found you all! Am going back to read over what I have missed!

Thomas did his usual awake at 4am for feed and not wanting to sleep, OH took him downstairs and he fell asleep at 5.30 and when brought back up at 7.30 he woke up I fed him and put him in bed to settle for a while and we all ended up sleeping till 11.30! Couldnt believe it, fed him lying in bed and now he is asleep again in his bouncer. He is feeding at 10.30pm and sleeping till 4 skipping the 1am feed now. So tonight I will try feeding lying in bed and letting him sleep there for a while then transfer to cot. I feelmore human today as I got more sleep!!

Got him the Bumbo chair in amazon, he cant quite keep his head up but it is a cool chair!

Hope you all have a good day, am taking Thomas to doctor for his 6 week check up and to get checked over myself.
XX

Welcome in, how old is your babe? Its a lot of reading.....
XX
:happydance::hugs:

Thanks Pixie! Max was born on 2nd March and was 11 days late!!! he is a little star though but wouldn't latch on so trying to express as much as I can (which isn't much!) so he can have a bit of breastmilk. How are you getting on?

Try La Leche or sure start they have breastfeeding advice. Pinch the skin beside the nipple when getting him to latch on. Drinking tonnes of water helps with the amount of milk and also fennel tea or fennugreek and thistle help too. Its hard work BF, am at the stage now where he feeds on one boob for 20 - 30 mins and has a wee suck of the other one, can express up to 6 oz sometimes and then others only 2oz, but they can get a lot more when they suck. Thomas has sort of got a routine and has started to skip the 1am feed so its 4am, 7.30 11.30, 2/3pm 5.30 8pm 10.30pm, his sleep varies, but usually 9.30 - 11.30 and 1pm to 2, then 4 - 5, 6-8 then awake till 10.30, doesnt settle well after the 4 am feed but today after the 7.30 I left him in bed and he slept till 11.30 so will try that with 4 am feed but put him in craddle once asleep.
He was 3 days over due.
XX

Lee lee some one here mentioned something about difficulties in latching on, around page 38 I think, if you ask your doctor or HV they can help you.
xx

Hi there, enjoy reading, it took me forever to catch up when I eventually arrived here. How you doing? :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->