~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

She's okay now. She fed like crazy for hours last night and her poo was green in the morning but is yellow again now and she only had the one bloody nappy. I think it could be the dairy thing. I've eaten a lot of dairy recently so have cut that out and hopefully she'll be fine again. Apparently dairy can cause bad tummies and anal fissures which explains the bleeding and green nappies.
She's soundly sleeping now, she slept really well last night too, only waking for a brief 5 mins on the boob and falling asleep again.

Shelby had been doing the constant grizzling even in her sleep - seems to have stopped now I've got her back on the infacol.

I can't weigh myself as I've banned scales but I think I might measure myself every week as a guideline to what I'm loosing.

There is a weigh in thread, but maybe we can all post on here each tuesday how much we have lost???

There is a weigh in thread, but maybe we can all post on here each tuesday how much we have lost???

Think I need to go & buy some scales then :haha:, and perhaps stop buying chocolate :rofl:

Tried to do a sit up last night, and failed miserably :nope:, its gonna take some work to get this belly to reduce & tone :dohh:

phew I am done in. I hate washing. Every two days I have to do two washes and put two away, its endless. In fact i just never stop anymore, from the moment I wake. I sat there earlier today with a whole couch filled with clothes needing folded and put away and thought, god I could cry. But there is no time for that either lol, so i just got on with it.

As for the diet, I slipped up at the weekend too and find when I get stressed I start eating. I am going to have to be really really firm with myself if i am going to lose the weight and I just dont know if it will happen whilst Fraser is still so tiny and I am being pulled in so many different directions! Perhaps in 6 months when life is less stressful! I am not ready to sacrifice the wine with dinner in the evening yet!

Fraser continues to do really well though now he is older he needs settled more, rather than just plopping in the cot like he used to. I dont mind, rocking always gets him off! He is still sleeping 7pm-10pm then 11pm to 3.30am, then 4am to 7am. This is a pattern now and I am quite happy with it, as I go to sleep at 11pm too and so have had a good 4 hours sleep by the time he wakes then get around another 3 after he settles again. He is on 6 ounce bottles now and has moved up to a size 2, slow flow avent teat. I felt very sad yesterday when I realised he had grown out of my favourite newborn outfit for him. He is definitely my last baby, so each milestone now is a real blow to my heart as much as a joy too. Talk about a rollercoaster! I adore babies so much, I just cant believe there wont be any more, but he most certainly has to be our last one, we are in debt as it is.

phew I am done in. I hate washing. Every two days I have to do two washes and put two away, its endless. In fact i just never stop anymore, from the moment I wake. I sat there earlier today with a whole couch filled with clothes needing folded and put away and thought, god I could cry. But there is no time for that either lol, so i just got on with it.

As for the diet, I slipped up at the weekend too and find when I get stressed I start eating. I am going to have to be really really firm with myself if i am going to lose the weight and I just dont know if it will happen whilst Fraser is still so tiny and I am being pulled in so many different directions! Perhaps in 6 months when life is less stressful! I am not ready to sacrifice the wine with dinner in the evening yet!

Fraser continues to do really well though now he is older he needs settled more, rather than just plopping in the cot like he used to. I dont mind, rocking always gets him off! He is still sleeping 7pm-10pm then 11pm to 3.30am, then 4am to 7am. This is a pattern now and I am quite happy with it, as I go to sleep at 11pm too and so have had a good 4 hours sleep by the time he wakes then get around another 3 after he settles again. He is on 6 ounce bottles now and has moved up to a size 2, slow flow avent teat. I felt very sad yesterday when I realised he had grown out of my favourite newborn outfit for him. He is definitely my last baby, so each milestone now is a real blow to my heart as much as a joy too. Talk about a rollercoaster! I adore babies so much, I just cant believe there wont be any more, but he most certainly has to be our last one, we are in debt as it is.

I hated it when Belle grew out of certain things... it made me feel like she was growing up and leaving home lol

x

I do not want to go on the school run now! Its pouring down here and really windy :( so damn miserable this weather.

On the plus side I am doing roast dinner tonight so at least that will warm us all up.

Hope all are well today :flower:

Have been out for a lovely lunch today with DH, its his last week off before going back to work on monday so thought we had better make the most of it :)

Noah was weighed on Friday and was 10lb 4oz, he's now on 5oz bottles but is happy with this every 4 hours instead of 4oz every 3 hours, certainly makes the night shift easier! :thumbup:

Can I ask what contact people have had with their health visitor and what they think of them? Ours has driven me mad.... she did a home visit on day 13 and was pestering me and DH about contraception and sex, booked me a GP appointment without my knowledge and her assessment skills in terms of domestic violence was "do you hit each other?, No, good, lots of people do you know...." (got my social worker head on here!)

She was not happy with me when I informed her 2 days later that 'I' would decide when I was ready to go back on the pill and she was trying to get me to put prescribed cream onto Noah's skin when she saw some dry flaky bits and would not accept that he has peeled abit as he was overdue, MW said this was normal for late babies and the new skin underneath is lovely and soft.... Sorry to go on but she has really infuriated me, needless to say I wont be seeing her on a regular basis!!!!

Hi All

Just saw the public health nurse and Thomas is 12lbs now and is 59 cm in length, she was very happy with him, she told me to put two tblsp of pure orange juice in 2oz of water for his constipation so will try that later on..
Anyone thinking of getting the marina coil in, am waiting for the appt, also were you told to get a smear done, she says I have to have one as my last one was done two years ago?

Hey Ladies... I've taken the plung - I've started my diet, or should I say, eating healthy...

During my pregnancy with Harrison I only put on about 1stone 7lbs but since having him ive eaten like a pig, think its making up seing as i could barely eat 2 mouthfull of a meal for the last 10 weeks...

So... hear goes, ideally id like to lose about 3/4 stone hopefully by the end of the summer :) ill keep you posted..

I have 2 stone to lose, hoping breastfeeding will help.......how much do you think your boobs weigh now?? as mine feel about 4lbs worth some days....trying to blame them for my weight gain :haha:

Yea I have got and always had pretty big boobies so i do try and use them as a excuse, but 4 stone of excuse?? lol i dont think sooo:blush:

Sorry, I thought you meant you had 3 quarters of a stone to lose (3/4) was bloody jealous at that !!! :haha:

Hi All

Just saw the public health nurse and Thomas is 12lbs now and is 59 cm in length, she was very happy with him, she told me to put two tblsp of pure orange juice in 2oz of water for his constipation so will try that later on..
Anyone thinking of getting the marina coil in, am waiting for the appt, also were you told to get a smear done, she says I have to have one as my last one was done two years ago?

Hey, my little brother is the result of the coil, so I passed when they offered that as a form of contraception :nope:

Booked my 6 week check & smear test for the same day as mine was due in Nov, so gonna get them both done in one go, my poor cervix, it just wants to be left alone :haha:

Rach thats nothing lol the midwife gave me a HUGE bag of condoms, before Fraser was even 5 hours old! The next day they were more concerned about contraception than anything else, they soon fell quiet when I told them dh was having the snip. But I suppose I have plenty of kids though its for me and dh to decide when we are done, whereas you just have the two, so even more rude of them!

The health visitor then gave me more condoms come day 11 lol. Think they were trying to make a point?! My health visitor is alright though, I dont think they dare try preach at you when you are on your fourth baby so tend to be quite amicable. I loved my old health visitor, she is retired now but was fab, very old school. As i am not into the attachment, baby led weaning blah blah style of parenting, it was great to have a health visitor that still adored swaddling and weaning with a spoon lol!

Rach thats nothing lol the midwife gave me a HUGE bag of condoms, before Fraser was even 5 hours old!

:wacko: I think I would have told the MW where to shove them!!

Even DH thought it was really insensitive and unneccessary, he tried to be supportive and pointed out my SPD to her but her response was "you dont have to be lying down, you can be standing up, what about the karma sutra" ... at which point the anger building in me nearly burst my stitches I think LOL

In terms of the 'old school' approach - I have flicked through the new birth to 5 book and was amazed that they now say not to wean until 6 months!!!! 6 months..... DS1 was starting baby rice at 12 weeks as he was so hungry! Given the size of Noah, I cant see him on just milk til 6 months...

Pleased we have a large recycling box for all these pointless leaflets and booklets that they keep throwing at us! :winkwink:

I weaned sophie at 3 months that was thirteen years ago, cant beleive that its 6 months either, thomas will have the life sucked out of me, I am a stone lighter already since having him..

oh fraser wont be waiting till 6 months. All mine were weaned at 4 months, in fact summer was 3 months but that was on the advice of a gp for her silent reflux. They are always changing the guidelines and I dont believe many babies are happy to wait till 6 months, not unless they are having 8 ounce bottles every 2 hours all day and night!

I was also given the contraception talk in hospital the same day as giving birth. I pointed to Tahlia and said she was mine temporarily till I can get the mini pill at 6wks :rofl:. The mw gave me a bag with what I thought was my lansinoh cream in it as she left the room & when I went to use it I discovered condoms!! Seriously, who the heck thinks about sex that soon after pushing a baby out??

Hey Ladies... I've taken the plung - I've started my diet, or should I say, eating healthy...

During my pregnancy with Harrison I only put on about 1stone 7lbs but since having him ive eaten like a pig, think its making up seing as i could barely eat 2 mouthfull of a meal for the last 10 weeks...

So... hear goes, ideally id like to lose about 3/4 stone hopefully by the end of the summer :) ill keep you posted..

I have 2 stone to lose, hoping breastfeeding will help.......how much do you think your boobs weigh now?? as mine feel about 4lbs worth some days....trying to blame them for my weight gain :haha:

Yea I have got and always had pretty big boobies so i do try and use them as a excuse, but 4 stone of excuse?? lol i dont think sooo:blush:

Sorry, I thought you meant you had 3 quarters of a stone to lose (3/4) was bloody jealous at that !!! :haha:

oh i wish it was 3quarters of a stone.... i've just weighed myself and im horrifed looking like 4 to 4.5 stone now...ekkkk....btw i am STARVING lol

Hi All

Hey, my little brother is the result of the coil, so I passed when they offered that as a form of contraception :nope:

Oh not soo good, however, he has low sperm count and mobility and we had IVF/ICSI to get Thomas so that wouldnt happen, unless its a miracle, its more for heavy painful periods that I want to do something.

Oh not soo good, however, he has low sperm count and mobility and we had IVF/ICSI to get Thomas so that wouldnt happen, unless its a miracle, its more for heavy painful periods that I want to do something.

Lol that would be just your luck! We'd been trying to 5 years and once we decided not to anymore I got pregnant! :haha:

Hey all :)

Have been ill thanks to the tablets they put me on but I'm okay with them now.

Rach- your HV sounds like a cow, mine isn't fabulous either. She just seemed really snotty and I haven't seen or heard from her since he was 10 days old.

I never got a birth to five book. Who do I ask for one?

I'm so jealous of everyone going on holiday!

I want to lose about a stone, but I can't be bothered to do it yet, I'm still making up for 9 months of no food other than toast :lol: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->