~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Hi all!

I had a bit of a break last night as my Mam was here for a few days and she took Max for the night feed so that was lovely. I missed him (even though he was in the next room) and dreamt about him all night!

Weight wise I am 1/2 stone lighter than I was pre-pregnancy but went shopping for jeans yesterday and that was a mistake as even the size 14 wouldn't do up on me. I am usually a 10-12. My belly is obviously still jelly! Lol! I did manage to get an outfit for Max's christening. I got a maxi dress in Oasis and shrug in Coast so that will hide my belly too. I don't think I will try on anymore jeans for at least another month :(

Max seems quite tired today although he was wide awake from about 8am to 11am this morning, he seems to be quite alert for this age but then I have no idea what is normal!

well look at the positive, you have found a lovely outfit to wear at the christening!! and jeans will be next :thumbup:

you have reminded me about the maxi dress i bought last year from monsoon - i cant wait to wear it again.... theres some more motivation for me!

awake for 3 hours, asleep for 2 - sounds perfectly normal to me x

Aw thanks for the words of encouragement. We will all get there and will be in our jeans in no time! I love maxi dresses, they hide a multitude of sins!

Glad Max's waking/sleeping times sound about right :)

How are you getting on?

ok so this mornin i weigh 13st 7lb

lost 1lb......... i know its not hugely exciting but shows what sticking to your diet does :)

so im super motivated today and dont have any cravings today.... yesterday was hard work but didint give in.

how is everyone today? im tired, alexander fed most of the evening last night and didnt settle to sleep until 12.30am - then was up again at 3 then 6 - when i had to get up.

sooooooooooo tired!

How long did it take for your bubs to laugh? I dont remember isabelle laughing so early on but xander does, he's been smiling since day 17 and now proper chuckles when you chat to him, its so funny!

Awww fraser was an early smiler too. He gave me a cracking one last night when I was giving him his massage after his bath. He doesnt laugh, but makes that sound like gurgling in his throat when he is happy.

Well done on losing the lb! Its great when you see results. I started ww again today properly, I have revised how I am going about it. I am having two ww meals a day, one at lunch and one at dinner with a load of zero point veg, will come to about 10 points, which leaves me with 8. I dont tend to eat breakfast so it means I can still have a glass of wine (2 points) and diet. I also started sit ups yesterday, did 50 in 5 lots of ten through out the day, every couple of hours. I am 9 stone 10 this morning so lost 2lb from 9 stone 12 last week.

How about we DO start a weight thread for the lovebugs? if not the baby club will just fill up with weight stuff lol! Maybe I can design us a wee blinkie for our signatures and I know somewhere online you can get little stars with how much you have lost to put in your signature, another motivation!

I had a difficult evening with fraser last night. He seemed colicky, but I think now, its that I have moved up a teat size too early and he has been taking too much too fast. I went back a teat size this morning and he was so much more contented and easy to feed. He also settled really well for his nap, for the first time in days. He was up 7-10pm last night, mostly screaming, and took 10 ounces in 2 hours, but then he slept 10pm to 2.30am and then to 7am. I am still really tired though and was quite down this morning, but getting over it now.

:hugs: hope Fraser has a better evening tonight and hope you feel a bit better x

I think a lovebug weightloss thread would be best as i agree this one may get taken over with diets. i like stars lol, i loved getting stickers at slimming world when i had done well :haha: im such a kid!
well done loosing 2lb!

my mil keeps telling me he isnt laughing or smiling and its wind.... i know i should just ignore her but it hurts my feelings when she says it cos i know my baby and im not a stupid person, i know the difference between a sleepy windy smile and a baby that is chuckling :growlmad:

Dont listen to her, she is just jealous :haha: I bet you get way more smiles and chuckles than she does!

https://www.babyandbump.com/bnb-groups/299675-feb-love-bugs-waist-watching.html#post4831972

thats the link to the feb lovebug weight loss group!

By the way is anyone else's stitches still sore? I went to the GP today as I had an infection in mine and he gave me the all clear but mine are still stingy. I knew labour would be tough but never realised that the stiches would be so painful

Mine are more tight ? its pretty uncomfortable .

By the way is anyone else's stitches still sore? I went to the GP today as I had an infection in mine and he gave me the all clear but mine are still stingy. I knew labour would be tough but never realised that the stiches would be so painful

Yeah - I can't wait for them to feel better.

Whereabouts in Ireland are you? I am from Dublin but live in the UK!

Hey all.

Max- :hugs: Hope you have a better night tonight.

leelee- my stitches are still slightly tender too, not sore, just feel tight as sinead said.

I shall join the weight loss thread too if that's okay. But I've been really bad this week so far so might have to start next week xx

Hope everyone is doing ok :hugs:

My stitches are still sore. I was going to have a look but I'm too scared - was a third degree tear which tore separately from the episiotomy.

Weight loss thread sounds like a great idea! xx

Im living in Maynooth about twenty minutes or so from Dublin .

Im living in Maynooth about twenty minutes or so from Dublin .

I don't know Maynooth that well. I am from North Dublin :) My granny lived near Naas for about 15 years!

Lee lee - salt bath or lavender bath should help. Douche your stitches when weeing as that might help.

Not your daughters jeans/tummy tuck jeans are great for sucking in the tummy and you buy a smaller size than you are too, you can get them in pamela scott - if you have that shop in england but you can get them on ebay too. Oh and they lift the butt too.

Lee lee - salt bath or lavender bath should help. Douche your stitches when weeing as that might help.

Not your daughters jeans/tummy tuck jeans are great for sucking in the tummy and you buy a smaller size than you are too, you can get them in pamela scott - if you have that shop in england but you can get them on ebay too. Oh and they lift the butt too.

Thanks Pixie - will try that :)

I see you live in Louth. I am Irish and am from just up the road from Drogheda but live in the UK!

Morning everyone! Sorry I haven't been on I've been feeling pretty down. James has been waking up screaming in his sleep so he's only been sleeping up to 30 mins at a time. This went on for 5 days! I found where I wasn't sleeping at night my milk was bad as well at night so was becoming a vicious circle. He had a big clearout yesterday and was a different baby. I got 3 and a half hrs solid last night I feel like a new women! The tiredness was completely changing my personality.

I hope everyone is doing well! I bet u all hate me as I only grow out of one pair of jeans when I was pregnant I carried on wearing the rest! I still hate my body though, it's completely changed shape and I was in such good shape when I fell pregnant now my bum wobbles lol.

Ooops Leelee I was catchin up on the posts and see that you have noted where you are from already!!! My OH is from Drogheda, small world.
Are you on FB?
Jane

Morning everyone! Sorry I haven't been on I've been feeling pretty down. James has been waking up screaming in his sleep so he's only been sleeping up to 30 mins at a time. This went on for 5 days! I found where I wasn't sleeping at night my milk was bad as well at night so was becoming a vicious circle. He had a big clearout yesterday and was a different baby. I got 3 and a half hrs solid last night I feel like a new women! The tiredness was completely changing my personality.

I hope everyone is doing well! I bet u all hate me as I only grow out of one pair of jeans when I was pregnant I carried on wearing the rest! I still hate my body though, it's completely changed shape and I was in such good shape when I fell pregnant now my bum wobbles lol.

Hia, my little un does his poos every two or three days and does a clear out, its normal with BF, have you tried Pure orange juice in water, two tsp to 2oz water, My Public health nurse recommends it, also I try to to drink OJ myself too. Tiredness is the worst part of the whole thing I think.

Ooops Leelee I was catchin up on the posts and see that you have noted where you are from already!!! My OH is from Drogheda, small world.
Are you on FB?
Jane

Will send you a PM with facebook link!

No in Daisy Hill where I had my daughter 13 years before.

Morning all!

Claire, I was the same as you, after my first two...i actually went into labour still wearing my size ten jeans lol. Unfortunately I then had boys and they ruined me for ever!

Well looks like I was right about the teat size, huge improvement in fraser last night. Not only did he settle well at 6.30pm, I was able to keep the light off, for the first time since he was about ten days old. We then woke him at 10pm and fed him, he settled for 11pm and slept till 4am. Settled at 4.30am and slept till 7am. He is much more content but back to being really sleepy all the time, because feeding is taking around 30-45 mins again with the slow flow teat. Small sacrifice to make for a happier baby. I will try the faster flow teat in a week again, see how he gets on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->