~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Hes still bloody going!! I obviously know theres nothing wrong with him cuz he stops when i switch the hoover on, i stripped him down to his vest, swaddled him and put him in his swinging chair with the hoover on for half an hour, the noise drove me crazy and it didnt even work, he just sat there looking around and as soonas i turned the hoover off he started crying again!
x

Hes still bloody going!! I obviously know theres nothing wrong with him cuz he stops when i switch the hoover on, i stripped him down to his vest, swaddled him and put him in his swinging chair with the hoover on for half an hour, the noise drove me crazy and it didnt even work, he just sat there looking around and as soonas i turned the hoover off he started crying again!
x

oh bless you.

have you tried whacking mtv on the box or maybe he'd prefer something a bit more chilled..... maybe classic? :shrug:

xander quite likes Magic or vh1

x

Im glad it isnt just my baby that does this!!!!:hugs:

Hi all, sorry been a bit busy!

Gill - Most DEFINATELY go to your local paper, name and shame. A tiny baby in a pub at lunch time on a friday/sat is going to do no harm to anyone, disgusting way to be treated. Your paper will be interested thats for sure.

Vinniepeanut - Aww sorry vinnie isnt settling for you today, its horrible when they go on one like that. Perhaps getting out the house with him will settle him, they tend to get quite overwhelmed outside and go straight to sleep!

I hope everyone is doing okay. Fraser had a fantastic day yesterday, settled for all his naps and stayed sleeping, not waking after 30 mins and needing settled. For the first night ever, he settled at 6.30pm and stayed sleeping, didnt wake at 7pm like he normally does. We had him up at 10pm till 11pm and he settled until 2.30am, then 3am to 7.30am.

Only sad thing is this will all change when preschool starts again after the holidays, and we have to go out at the times he wants to nap.

Any one know how to encourage Thomas to take the soother, he takes it the odd time, its the avent ones, the teat of the avent bottles are similar to the nipple, so just wondered as the avent soothers are not the same shape if there was ones that are the same shape as nipples as that might encourage him? Also I think its defo comfort sucking when he does the 15 min feeds so really need to sort this out.
OH away until tomorrow night and then away monday afternoon too... ah well, off to bed soon as I might as well make the best of every chance of sleep.

How about these ones https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Natural-Cherry-Purple/dp/B000HSXLYC they look pretty similar to the boob as they're round and have no handle xx

The only ones my babies would ever take were the cherry teat ones from tommee tippee

https://www.superdrug.com/content/ebiz/superdrug/invt/469023/469023_l.jpg

Had the most horrindous night, awake with him from 3am and fed him then, then he refused to sleep until 7 am after a 30 min feed at 5.30, and has now been feed at 9.45 am after waking at 9.30 and he is still awake. Really cheesed off and knackered. teenage daughter says she will have him in pram whilst she watches tv so am having breakfast and then going to let her take him for a while.

How about these ones https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Natural-Cherry-Purple/dp/B000HSXLYC they look pretty similar to the boob as they're round and have no handle xx

Out of stock on amazon but will try local chemist/boots later on
thanks

Quick question, is it a big deal to forget to give your LO the Vit K drops?? I am forever forgetting on a regular basis and wondered if it was really bad & going to affect her?

Had the first good night in ages, thank god. She slept till 1145, fed then slept till 350, fed then slept till 530 & then fed quickly & slept in my arms till 830 as she wouldnt settle in her moses. I raised one end of her mattress up a bit last night as she is full of cold & I thought it might help with the reflux. Wonder how tonight is going to go ?????

I am not sure caz, I always went for the injection. Maybe ask your hv just to be safe? Glad you got a good nights sleep!

I was very impressed with Fraser last night. He settled at 6.30pm and woke at 7pm as normal, but I popped on his rain machine and he went to sleep again, until I woke him at 10pm. He was back down for 11pm and didnt wake till....5.30am! Yippee! 6 and half hours! He then fed for ten mins and went back to sleep till I woke him at 7am. Little star.

I went back up to the number two size teat yesterday as for the past few days he gradually began dropping ounces till he was back on 4 ounce feeds, and waking at every nap time hungry. He is back on 6 ounce a feed and settled well for his morning nap. Fingers crossed.

Excellent! Well done Fraser!

Well, I was worried about nothing, Shelby's vomiting episode/week long afliction could be reflux according to HV and is hasn't effected her weight gain - she's now 10lbs. 1lb 3oz in 2 weeks, she's now between the 25th and 50th centile. :happydance: AND her poo is yellow again!

Oh the grossness we mothers get excited about!

p.s - all you lot who have run off to chub club get back in here! It's getting lonely!

That's great news Gill! James went from 25-50 within 6 weeks even with reflux!

Gill - I'm failing at chub club, so back in here now......damn easter & all the choc :haha:

Had my first day with baby & toddler on my own today, there were tears from all 3 of us...man its hard !!

Hia all
Not too bad a day yesterday after the horrendous night, we had dinner in my parents and Thomas went to sleep when we got home at 9pm my daughter slammed the front door and woke him up, he didnt go back to sleep, he was really cranky, took his bottle of hungry baby formula at 10.45 and didnt go to sleep until 1.15, slept till 4.20, fed on boob for 40 mins, back to sleep at 5.20 woke at 9 am for feed for 30 mins, slept 10 - 11 dropped him to my mum and he slept 11.30 to 2.30 when home had a feed for 30 mins andstayed awake till now.

Oh and I got tommy tippee soothers yesterday (not the cherry) and then the nuby ones today and he likes them a lot more, so thanks for that ladies.

Having my parents over for dinner later, nothing extravagent.

XX

Gill - I'm failing at chub club, so back in here now......damn easter & all the choc :haha:

Had my first day with baby & toddler on my own today, there were tears from all 3 of us...man its hard !!

God I agree. Kaden had snuggles with me on the sofa & Tahlia started crying, I got up to pick her up & he looked at me really sad and said 'no, please' ie; leave her n stay with me. Felt so bad, what can you do :shrug: upset the toddler whos feeling left out or leave baby crying. This is DH 3rd day at work since she was born although hes been out windsurfing for hours a few times so am dreading when he goes back proper next week (he's off for easter after today). Then he is in lincoln for 2 weeks on a course as of 19th - dreading that one :nope:

I am not sure caz, I always went for the injection. Maybe ask your hv just to be safe? Glad you got a good nights sleep!

Kaden had the injection & I did ask for it but the mw told me they have stopped doing it & its the drops only. Stupid if you ask me:shrug:, one injection or 3 mths of drops that the majority of sleep deprived mums will forget about at one point or another. :nope:

God I agree. Kaden had snuggles with me on the sofa & Tahlia started crying, I got up to pick her up & he looked at me really sad and said 'no, please' ie; leave her n stay with me. Felt so bad, what can you do :shrug: upset the toddler whos feeling left out or leave baby crying. This is DH 3rd day at work since she was born although hes been out windsurfing for hours a few times so am dreading when he goes back proper next week (he's off for easter after today). Then he is in lincoln for 2 weeks on a course as of 19th - dreading that one :nope:

Its heart breaking eh.... had to cut my toddlers story short for her nap as Evie, who was also tired, started screaming...so had to quickly give Tia a kiss and leave her in her bed, and the wee look she gave me, I was gutted.....:cry:

Hi ladies,

I can relate to how hard it is, having to put the babies needs before your other children, but I try to remember that I have given my children another sibling. When I see summer, elsie and mason all playing together, it warms my heart, just like it will do when fraser is joining in, a day not as far off as it seems just now. It wont be forever before we all have more time to share out again. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->