~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Good luck vinny :hugs:

I can't believe Gabriel is 4 weeks old today! Time is passing so quickly xx

Thomas has hardly slept all day, he is asleep now about `1 min in a battery operated rocking chair. Its not like him to be like this. I held the soother in his mouth as it rocked him, he had a half hour sleep this morning and not even that much this afternoon, ive no idea why!!!

He has put on 1lb this week too, so breast milk is ok, mind you I gave him 6 oz hungry baby formula at 9pm, he feeds better for me than OH for some reason..

xander barely slept all day yesterday. I was at my wits end by 9pm last night. Watched one born every minute (through all the crying and moaning that was going on) and was so tired by the end of it I though bugger it im going to bed with him crying or not crying. I let him have half an hour more on the boob and at 10.30pm he crashed out, put him in his moses and didnt hear from him again until 4am!! :happydance: Needed that!!

unfortunatley he is just as reluctant to sleep today as he was yesterday! :dohh:

Vinnie isnt sleeping either. Last night he went down at 8, then woke at 11 til 12, then woke at 1-2, then 2:55 - 3:45, then 5 til 7 and hes just gone back down so ive got about half n hour to grab myself a shower and get ready.

We're off to the hospital today for a meeting with his surgeon and the docs that are repairing his lip, we should get the date today....im so nervous about it!!
x

good luck x

Thomas has hardly slept all day, he is asleep now about `1 min in a battery operated rocking chair. Its not like him to be like this. I held the soother in his mouth as it rocked him, he had a half hour sleep this morning and not even that much this afternoon, ive no idea why!!!

He has put on 1lb this week too, so breast milk is ok, mind you I gave him 6 oz hungry baby formula at 9pm, he feeds better for me than OH for some reason..

xander barely slept all day yesterday. I was at my wits end by 9pm last night. Watched one born every minute (through all the crying and moaning that was going on) and was so tired by the end of it I though bugger it im going to bed with him crying or not crying. I let him have half an hour more on the boob and at 10.30pm he crashed out, put him in his moses and didnt hear from him again until 4am!! :happydance: Needed that!!

unfortunatley he is just as reluctant to sleep today as he was yesterday! :dohh:

Hey, sorry to hear he's not giving in to sleep...have you got a sling? As my friends wee boy wouldn't sleep during the day either, so she used to stick him in the sling and hoover, knocked him out.....

Vinnie isnt sleeping either. Last night he went down at 8, then woke at 11 til 12, then woke at 1-2, then 2:55 - 3:45, then 5 til 7 and hes just gone back down so ive got about half n hour to grab myself a shower and get ready.

We're off to the hospital today for a meeting with his surgeon and the docs that are repairing his lip, we should get the date today....im so nervous about it!!
x

Good luck hope its all ok.
xx:hugs:

Same here again today, and he fed every 3 hours during the night too....

Good luck Vinny xx

Wow, had a good night again, so feel great (though they are few & far between). Fed at about 930pm, 150am then 5am so got much needed sleep. She is settling back in her moses much better atm after feeds so long as I keep her upright for about 20-30 mins first & I've raised her mattress ever so slightly at one end.

good luck vinniepeanut!

Another good night here too, down for 6.30pm up at 10pm down for 11pm up at 5am, 2 ounce feed again and back down till 7am. I really cant wait till he drops that 5am feed.

Good luck VP :)

I think Edward is having a growth spurt. Nightmare last few days, today feeding a lot and doing nothing but sleep in between xx

Hey, sorry to hear he's not giving in to sleep...have you got a sling? As my friends wee boy wouldn't sleep during the day either, so she used to stick him in the sling and hoover, knocked him out.....

i've got a sling - be damned if i can figure out how to use it though :haha:

I have a premaxx sling, but I'm not comfy wearing it as i have narrow shoulders so it puts Tahlia in a scrunched up position bless her. I also have a normal baby carrier but not tried it with her yet.I quite like the looks of the Mei Tais but they're so expensive.

Quick?? Do any of you give your LO's dummies? I don't like them, said I would only use them if thumb sucking started, my son started with the thumb at 6 mths but wouldn't take any dummies & I tried them all. Not too bothered tho as he speaks really well & I think he may have been lazier with talking if he had one. Reason I ask is that its apparently supposed to help with reflux as sucking produces saliva which helps neutralise the stomach acids. This is why sometimes babies with reflux seem to sometimes be permanently suckling on the boob, usually taking only the foremilk which makes it worse (what a vicious circle eh!). Any way, I bought some tommee tippee ones today & she wont keep them in, but seems to calm down when I hold it for her. Have also found some advent ones that ds never used & had the same problem. Im in a big dillema now as I dont really want her to have a dummy so am kinda pleased she spits them out, but equally- if it helps her then surely thats ok?................:shrug:

Harrison has a dummy, alot of the time I have to hold it in for a few mins then he'll begin to suck it and keep it in, it helps settle him :)

https://babyslingsandwraps.com/new-amy-coe-peanut-shell-blue-baby-sling-carrier-l-xl/

i have this sling. i love it to look at, its so funky. my friend bought it as a gift but still havnt been able to use it as even the dvd instructions i cant follow............ i am so thick lol but its dead confusing!

Quick?? Do any of you give your LO's dummies? I don't like them, said I would only use them if thumb sucking started, my son started with the thumb at 6 mths but wouldn't take any dummies & I tried them all. Not too bothered tho as he speaks really well & I think he may have been lazier with talking if he had one. Reason I ask is that its apparently supposed to help with reflux as sucking produces saliva which helps neutralise the stomach acids. This is why sometimes babies with reflux seem to sometimes be permanently suckling on the boob, usually taking only the foremilk which makes it worse (what a vicious circle eh!). Any way, I bought some tommee tippee ones today & she wont keep them in, but seems to calm down when I hold it for her. Have also found some advent ones that ds never used & had the same problem. Im in a big dillema now as I dont really want her to have a dummy so am kinda pleased she spits them out, but equally- if it helps her then surely thats ok?................:shrug:

I gave sophie the avent ones as she comfort sucked the nipples and i was sore,she had one till she was five, it helped to settle her. Thomas not keen on avent but will just about suck tommytippee if i hold it in his mouth.

Sophie has no speech probsafter having the soother.
xx

https://babyslingsandwraps.com/new-amy-coe-peanut-shell-blue-baby-sling-carrier-l-xl/

i have this sling. i love it to look at, its so funky. my friend bought it as a gift but still havnt been able to use it as even the dvd instructions i cant follow............ i am so thick lol but its dead confusing!

its cool alright, will take a proper look tomorrow.

Hi everyone...My LO was supposed to be a March lamb but decided to come 3 weeks early which made us a Feb lovebug and proud of it!! I stumbled upon this and would love to have a place to go where other moms are going through the exact same things!! So I hope you dont mind us joining in?? :flower:

Caz I used the cherry teat ones from tommee tippee. I know they are meant to be 'bad' for your baby, but thats only if they are sucking on them all day long and well beyond the baby first year. When they are this tiny, the cherry teat ones are really all they can manage to hold in themselves, if not you are going to be having to hold them in yourself until she is a wee bit older and has more control herself.

happyladybugg, welcome, course you can join in, you are a feb lovebug after all! Whats your babies name?

Well We had another good night here, though the evening went a bit to pot. Funnily enough, i dont mind the nights going wrong, but i hate it when the evenings do, because its literally the ONLY time i get to myself without the other three children too. So we put him down at 6.45pm and he woke at 7.15pm and didnt fancy going back to sleep. I was with him till 8.30pm where he took another FOUR ounces of milk then settled into cot. 9.15pm he started up again, so DH lifted him and he let out a big burp and passed out lol. We then still woke him at 10.30pm and gave him a feed, though he was very sleepy...and I jumped into bed, in a mood at having no time to myself lol. He woke us up at 6am bless him, had a quick feed of 2 ounce again and back to sleep.

He is still not interested in his morning bottle, at 7.30am, I am seriously considering cutting out the 2 ounces at 5-6am and seeing if he can make it through the night (11pm-7am) without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->