~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

I really dont want to give up but feel like i should for both our sake! At the moment im so exhausted that im stroppy and really not enjoying him! I get stressed with him very easily (as much as i hate to admit) and end up handing him to my mum and walking out of the room, resulting in him getting more stressed and me breaking down!

Im thinking of combining so giving him formula in the day and breast at night to start off with and seeing how that goes.
Im just petrified im gonna get mastitis or something!
x

Right, I have a very tender boob and although not red and hot like with mastitis ive been given the same antibiotic to use and strong ibubrofen to take,.

Ive been giving Thomas formula for one feed at night thinking it would help him go longer but it doesnt really. I was told by my Public Health Nurse that as long as I express at the night feed (say 10pm to 1am) that it was fine to do this. The mastitis is because i think he feeds at a funny angle sometimes and the boob not properly emptied or from bacteria in his mouth? Anyway Vinnie, not sure if we will last the duration on breastfeeding either, I do enjoy it when he latches on but he does do the same messing that your LO is doing so you're not alone but it is knackering.

Those of you on FF do you prepare the bottles as needed or do you do them in the morning or at night for the next 24 hours?

Love the idea of meeting up, defo need time to save up.

Jane xx

Aww no Jane i hope that gets sorted. Touch wood ive been lucky and havent had it, saying that i will probably of jinxed myself!!

Well the last week has been a total nightmare and i dont know how much more i can handle. Vinnie WAS having a bath & boob at 7 then down by 9, waking at 1 til 1:30 then sleeping til 5:30/6ish!

BUT....
hes now waking every hour/ 2 hours if im lucky and only feeding for 10/15 mins. Im exhausted and he just never seems satisfied! Im really lucky if he has a quiet, happy 10 minutes awake time...the rest of his awake time hes grizzling.
Last night he fell asleep so i put him into his cot, and after 20 mins he was awake and crying. I had the monitor downstairs so i just let him cry as he wasnt screaming. But today everyones been telling me hes too young to leave to cry. I just dont know what im supposed to do.

I think the breastfeeding has to come to an end because i think what we desperately need is a bit of routine. I really dont want to have to give up but i cant see any other way around it.

:( Down day for me 2day!!
xx

:hugs:

Its so terribly hard isnt it.

Although we have a bit of a routine xander is never 'set' for times of feeds etc, every day is different with him - but his night feeds are pretty great really, only wakes once for a bf, in the day I bf and use formula and i just feel like everything is about milk! I want to do one or the other but his patterns of breastfeeding all over the place and he cluster feeds every day between 10am and 1pm - i get nothing done! i feel like formula in the day would allow me some more freedom but i dont want my supply affected for evening/night feeding.

Why dont you persevere a few more days to see if things calm down first and then make a decision, thats what im doing - im seeing the hv on tues so going to discuss it in depth then.

I really hope you can get back to a good routine soon xxx

Right, I have a very tender boob and although not red and hot like with mastitis ive been given the same antibiotic to use and strong ibubrofen to take,.

Ive been giving Thomas formula for one feed at night thinking it would help him go longer but it doesnt really. I was told by my Public Health Nurse that as long as I express at the night feed (say 10pm to 1am) that it was fine to do this. The mastitis is because i think he feeds at a funny angle sometimes and the boob not properly emptied or from bacteria in his mouth? Anyway Vinnie, not sure if we will last the duration on breastfeeding either, I do enjoy it when he latches on but he does do the same messing that your LO is doing so you're not alone but it is knackering.

Those of you on FF do you prepare the bottles as needed or do you do them in the morning or at night for the next 24 hours?

Love the idea of meeting up, defo need time to save up.

Jane xx

Hope you start feeling better soon Jane! Cant be pleasant for you having that pain x

I make bottles up in advance but only do 12 hours worth at a time and then store them in the fridge x

Let us know what she advises, i really want to bf until he is 20 weeks so thats another 12 weeks, dont know if I will get that far but at least he has had a fab start with the 8 weeks so every week after is a bonus. I fed from the infected boob at 6.30 and he lasted till nearly noon on it, but the night before he needed more than the boob could give and then this afternoon at 2.30 he fed for halfhour on it but needed another ten on the other, we had visitors at 5.30 so I gave him an expressed bottle from freezer, didnt want to get the tit out then, also wasnt sure if id have enough. My sister says that the baby sucking is the best stimulation for making milk, and to try and keep the infected boob going perhaps I should skip the formula feeding and just get him to feed off that boob, usually at the formula time its the other boob that gets expressed. Its already less sore and a little less hard so the antibiotic is kicking in.
Anyone got any thoughts on mixing BF and FF and how it works/worked for them?
Jane

I FF and I make 24hours at a time and store them in the back of the fridge. My hospital told me this was fine.

I was also thinking a meet up would be a really nice idea, where does everyone live so we can try and find somewhere in the middle?

Hope your boob is better soon Jane, I had an infection in mine and it was so painful. You might get some good advice on combined feeding in the BF forum, however you'll also get a lot of people saying don't do it as it'll affect your supply. Some people will probably tell you how they do it though.

Lucia- I'm gonna PM you :hugs: xx

Am in Ireland so will go with the majority and whereever is decided, it would be lovely to go somewhere other thanLondon as I livedthere for 12 years!!
Are we all working, am due back middle of August so maybe we could do it whilst all on maternity leave or when the kids have mid term in October?
Jane xx

Hi all,

Max has been cranky all day but can't complain cos I brought him away for the night on Wednesday and we took the train which was over 2 hours and he was like an angel so was very proud of him. He also slept a bit longer last night and fed at 9pm, 2.30am and 7am. OH is doing the night feeds tonight.

I live in Berkshire so pretty central to a lot of places. Would be lovely to meet up :) I am Irish and am from not far to Jane so if anyone fancies hopping on a plane to Ireland I am also up for that as any excuse to get home :)

Hee hee leelee,good idea, plenty of cheap b&b or hotels in and around Dublin, we could all go to the zoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea!!! Guinness!!!!! We could find a baby friendly pub!!!!!!

Or we could bring our OHs and leave babies with them in the evening and go clubbing.....

Or we could bring our OHs and leave babies with them in the evening and go clubbing.....

That sounds like a better idea. Ha ha!!! I am loving the sound of this already :)

Im Irish :) I got your message jane and forgot to reply as Aoibheann has been really difficult for two days . But I'd love to meet up in Dublin :)

hi ladies.

sorry ive not popped in for a while.

hope your all good

Oh god - i'd have to get on a plane by myself - i am the worlds worst at flying (well, probably not the worst but im a loon!) Ireland be cool though, i've never been.

We could have t shirts made up - lovebugs on tour............ i wonder what people would think we were lol

No ireland for me unfortunately, no passport! Half my family are irish though, from belfast, I will visit one day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->