~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Hi everyone...My LO was supposed to be a March lamb but decided to come 3 weeks early which made us a Feb lovebug and proud of it!! I stumbled upon this and would love to have a place to go where other moms are going through the exact same things!! So I hope you dont mind us joining in?? :flower:

Welcome in, glad you found us.
Hope all is well.
Jane XX :hugs:

Hi everyone...My LO was supposed to be a March lamb but decided to come 3 weeks early which made us a Feb lovebug and proud of it!! I stumbled upon this and would love to have a place to go where other moms are going through the exact same things!! So I hope you dont mind us joining in?? :flower:

Welcome :flower:

I was due a lovebug but was 9 days late & had her on the 01 March lol. But I am a lovebug at heart :kiss:

:hi:

Mmm, think I might be in for a night of it!! T been asleep since we went to pick DS up from nursery at 1215 & she is still asleep - nearyl 3 hrs!!! So, she can go longer than an hour the little tinker. I left her in the pram in the hallway when I got back hoping to get time to feed K and put him to bed before waking, but she stayed asleep. I appreciate the peace mind so not complaining, but worried about the fallout later :rofl: My boob is desperate to feed now tho!! hehe

Hi all :wave: How is everyone today? I'm in a good mood :)

Edward's been much better the last two days, he seems to be settling into a proper pattern now. Having naps at around 10am and 2pm for around 1.5 to 2 hours, then he's a bit of a nightmare in the evenings, but is usually settled for night time around 10 or 11, then wakes at 2.30ish for a feed, then sleeps till 6.30-7am :) I've also seen a massive change in him the last few days, he's really interacting more now. He smiles all the time, plays with his playgym and cot mobile and has started gurgling and cooing to us and his toys :happydance:

The HV came round yesterday and said the evening screaming sounds like colic, so he might grow out of it soon. She also said she thinks it'd be beneficial for me to go to some courses at the childrens centre so she phoned them up and demanded they put me on the baby massage course that starts next wednesday :D They tried to say it was full but she said "I'll come up and explain the situation" so they've squeezed me in. She said she'll try and find other stuff for me to join too so I'm not stuck in the house as I don't know anyone near me with a young baby, so although I was apprehensive about contacting her and telling her about the PND she's actually been really really good.

Caz- I use a dummy with Edward. I didn't intend to, but after about a week when he wouldn't stop screaming I gave in. We use the tommee tippee orthodontic ones as they came free with our steriliser/bottles (can't remember which) and he sucks on them no problem. He only keeps it in to fall asleep though, then once he's asleep he spits it out on his own and won't take it again. I also only use it at nap times, or if I'm caught short while out and he's screaming while I find somewhere to feed him.

Happyladybugg- :hi: xx

Lana- that sling is gorgeous. I want one. I'm going to look on ebay if the maternity stuff I have on there sells :D

Welcome HappyLadyBugg, I was due in Feb but Evie came in March but still a lovebug, as caz said ....

Katy, so happy to see you are doing so well, it really shows in your post, you sound so good xx

Lana- that sling is gorgeous. I want one. I'm going to look on ebay if the maternity stuff I have on there sells :D

dunno if you have a tkmaxx near you but they have them for £16.99 x

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome!! My Lo's name is Zachary...He is a fairly good baby (can be fussy at times but thats expected) seems to be quite normal after reading about everyone elses experiences on here. It looks like you all like to swap your stories from the night so heres mine...Zachary has seemed to be on a routine were he'd feed at 10pm sleep until 2am then again until 5am and wake up at 7am happy as a clam for a while EXCEPT I could tell yesterday that I wasnt going to be so lucky last night. He slept almost all day yesterday which made for a horribly choppy night so today I'm suffering from my lack of sleep headache!! On top of that we have my stepkids over visiting which I hate to sound harsh but tend to add to my headaches so I'm currently hiding away in my bedroom with LO snuggled up to me cutting some zzzz's!! So how do I keep him awake during the day more so at night he isnt so restless??

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome!! My Lo's name is Zachary...He is a fairly good baby (can be fussy at times but thats expected) seems to be quite normal after reading about everyone elses experiences on here. It looks like you all like to swap your stories from the night so heres mine...Zachary has seemed to be on a routine were he'd feed at 10pm sleep until 2am then again until 5am and wake up at 7am happy as a clam for a while EXCEPT I could tell yesterday that I wasnt going to be so lucky last night. He slept almost all day yesterday which made for a horribly choppy night so today I'm suffering from my lack of sleep headache!! On top of that we have my stepkids over visiting which I hate to sound harsh but tend to add to my headaches so I'm currently hiding away in my bedroom with LO snuggled up to me cutting some zzzz's!! So how do I keep him awake during the day more so at night he isnt so restless??

sounds like a nice hectic house!!! lol

as for keeping xander awake - i cant, i think if they want to sleep they sleep, lets face it, if they get overtired they start screaming their head off!

luckily xander is fairly good and is waking more in the day now he's a bit older - but his sleepy days always mean im in for a busy night :dohh:

Katy,

Glad you are feeling much happier, I can tell by reading your post. Your HV sounds good for calling up & getting you on that course, it does you the world of good to meet up with other mums with young babies. Theres nothing worse than being by yourself day to day. Baby massage is great, I did one with Kaden when he was little tho I think I enjoyed it more than him. I have got some tommee tippe orthodontic ones, but if she sucks on any she seems to prefer the advent ones, but getting any to stay in is a trial, mind you I only tried her with them for the first time yesterday.

I dont seem to be seeing any routine with Tahlias naps or night feeds etc yet, sure it'll happen soon though. It varies day to day, like her 3 hr nap today lol. Shes never done that before, just wish it had been at night :rofl:

Caz - Evie has no routine either, one day she'll be asleep 1.5 hours after she wakes up at 7am, today she woke at 6.30am and had her first nap 3 hours later. I can't keep up :haha:

Katy - really glad you sound more cheerful, your local library might have a toy library where you could meet other mothers for a chat, I joined one when I lived in London it was great, and i made lots of friends from it. Also they will have details of mother and toddler groups there and maybe at doctors surgery?

Can AF affect milk production, he didnt get enough from the boob last night and we gave him some from a bottle and today he seems to want to feed from both boobs and is still giving out afterwards.

Will take a look in TKMAXX for sling.
Jane xx

Good morning everyone!

I've been awake on and off since 4am - yay me!!! lol

I seem to have gone passed that really groggy feeling you get from tiredness now and my body is just used to it. The initial 10 minutes of getting out of bed I feel knackered and then it subsides and I feel pretty normal - although that underlying feeling that you could sleep for a week is still there, you know what I mean?

Xander has just nodded back off to sleep, i've just had my branflakes and banana for breakfast and now to find a plan for the day. A shower is definitely in there somewhere lol

How did you all do last night?

I was thinking it would be so nice to be able to arrange a meet up for all of us but do you think its just to far for everyone? I mean where would we meet that would be easy? We are all so spread out everywhere! But it's a nice thought anyway, maybe one day!

Right, im off to organise myself. Going to pop to sainsburys too. The have 25% off all their clothing at the mo and they had some lovely cardigans last time i was in there - i dont want a heavy coat so thought a chunky cardi would be better, since the weather isnt improving any!

x

Off to the doctor today as I think I have mastitis again! Right boob very hard and sore.

Aww no Jane i hope that gets sorted. Touch wood ive been lucky and havent had it, saying that i will probably of jinxed myself!!

Well the last week has been a total nightmare and i dont know how much more i can handle. Vinnie WAS having a bath & boob at 7 then down by 9, waking at 1 til 1:30 then sleeping til 5:30/6ish!

BUT....
hes now waking every hour/ 2 hours if im lucky and only feeding for 10/15 mins. Im exhausted and he just never seems satisfied! Im really lucky if he has a quiet, happy 10 minutes awake time...the rest of his awake time hes grizzling.
Last night he fell asleep so i put him into his cot, and after 20 mins he was awake and crying. I had the monitor downstairs so i just let him cry as he wasnt screaming. But today everyones been telling me hes too young to leave to cry. I just dont know what im supposed to do.

I think the breastfeeding has to come to an end because i think what we desperately need is a bit of routine. I really dont want to have to give up but i cant see any other way around it.

:( Down day for me 2day!!
xx

VP - I feel ur pain, feel like I had more of a routine with Tia as she was bottle fed...however she also had colic, so think I'll stick with bf until it becomes worse than dealing with colic, or until Evie is 12 weeks and past the colic stage.....its difficult but not permanent xx

Morning all!

Katy - I am really glad to hear all seems to be going much better for you and edward, I hope you enjoy the groups, there is nothing like getting out of the house to make life feel easier.

Pixie - I hope you get the mastitus sorted, I have never had it but I have heard its very very painful :(

Vinniepeanut - Maybe before you stop the breastfeeding, pop into the breast feeding forum, see if you can get some tips. I know when I breastfed summer, by about 3 weeks old she had started drift feeding, meaning she would graze for ten minutes, then fall asleep then wake an hour later and want more. The health visitor told me to take her off the boob as soon as she got sleepy and lay her on the floor, strip her off, top and tail etc to get her awake then put her back on. I spent about a week really having to work at it to get her feeding for longer and sleeping for longer as a result, and then she hit a growth spurt and so she got much better then too.

2bananas - meeting up is a lovely idea! I arranged a meet up with a forum i ran two years ago, we were all over the country too so we settled on a central location and went for a haven caravan park in blackpool in the end. We had 4 days there and we all had a lovely time. We arranged it 6 months ahead so we all had a chance to save up a bit first.

I hope everyone is doing okay this good friday. Fraser had a slightly more unsettled night than usual, but he has a cold so I am not really surprised. He went down for 6.45pm and woke at 7.15pm. This time I refused to go up to him for ten minutes, as i was sure he was still knackard and not hungry. He settled by 7.20pm and i heard him again at 8.30pm, but just a single cry. We then woke him at 10.00pm and he was very sleepy, so he was down by 11pm. He woke at 3.30am and took two ounce then settled back. He woke at 5.30am but I didnt think he needed fed so i popped his rain on and he settled off and woke himself at 7am.

I suspect he is a little bit refluxy like my eldest as he has begun to struggle with big feeds, but he isnt too bothered and it could be because of his cold, so I dont intend on doing anything about it unless he seems in a lot of pain etc.

He is really coming on now, starting to pay attention to us and smile in response to things we do, rather than randomly. Its lovely to see :D

So glad your feeling better Katy, I feel so much better after talking to other mums xx

Lucia- don't give up! Your right on target for a growth spurt, it will be like that for a bit and then you will notice a few days later things are better again. I was ready to give up right at the point it went better and I noticed my boobs were a lot fuller xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->