~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Lucia- how did you get on last night? I know exactly how you feel it's so hard when your tired it changes my personality and it's so hard coping. I can't tell you how different it was after I got passed 6 weeks ish completely different and I can now second guess a feed and no more cluster feeding at the moment it's incredible. I know loads of people who have combination fed successfully it's definately possible. If your cutting down your milk best to cut out one fed at a time wait until your boobs are settled down before you cut out another. If they get sore get in the shower and massage your boob without touching the nipple. That way you will release excess milk without stimulating the nipple and sending signals to your body to make more milk. I'm no expert but I do know a lot of people who have done this and if you don't want to ask on the bf feeding forum by all means PM me and I'll let you know what others do!

My sister is 3 and when we made her bottles up we used every morning fill the bottles up with water, measure out the formula in pots and just poor it in and shake when ready for a feed. She always drank it room temperature so made it really quick when she wanted a feed xxx

When I make up bottles for fraser, I keep cooled boiled water in a sealed flask and just make up a bottle as i need it. I dont heat bottles, just give at room temperature. I never did the make up the night before and put in the fridge, because warming the bottles up to room temperature drove me nuts lol!

So we gave issy a forumla at 8pm, she woke at 10 so i gave her a bf and she slept throught ill 6am!!! Going to try it again tonight and see if the same happens! if so then we may have cracked the nightime feeding/sleep routine :happydance:

So we gave issy a forumla at 8pm, she woke at 10 so i gave her a bf and she slept throught ill 6am!!! Going to try it again tonight and see if the same happens! if so then we may have cracked the nightime feeding/sleep routine :happydance:

Wow sounds amazing! I'm still on 2-3 hourly feeds at the moment!

Oh god - i'd have to get on a plane by myself - i am the worlds worst at flying (well, probably not the worst but im a loon!) Ireland be cool though, i've never been.

We could have t shirts made up - lovebugs on tour............ i wonder what people would think we were lol

Ditto, I hate flying...my mums fault :dohh:

You know Edinburgh is lovely at all times of year :haha:

cool, lets vote is it dublin or edinburgh, i love scotland...

Wow sounds amazing! I'm still on 2-3 hourly feeds at the moment!

Lucky you samzi, we are still all over the place, between 2 , 3 or 4 hourly gaps, non consistency at all.

Boob much better today, not rock hard any more and no pain. He fed from it at 8.45 and lasted till 12.45 and he fed for 30 mins, just put him in pram to write blog.

Pink claire and Max thanks for info re bottles.
Hope to keep up boobie feeding for another 12 weeks if possible.. will try the formula feed again though to try and stretch him at night, oh and we are thinking of getting avent bottle heater, anyone ever used it??

I personally think bottle heaters are a waste of money they take absolutely ages to heat up (well the ones I've used) your better off using hot water to heat them up it's normally a lot quicker! Xx

Last night was the first time she had gone that long I think the one forumla bottle really did help. Going to try the same tonight and see how we get on

I personally think bottle heaters are a waste of money they take absolutely ages to heat up (well the ones I've used) your better off using hot water to heat them up it's normally a lot quicker! Xx

Well perhaps we should bring the kettle up stairs, it takes Ian 15 mins to get a bottle sorted!!!! I had thought of plugging in a timer switch so that we could get the bottle warmer to come on and do the business before he wakes up!

Last night was the first time she had gone that long I think the one forumla bottle really did help. Going to try the same tonight and see how we get on

What formula are you using and how much did she take, is she older than Thomas?

cool, lets vote is it dublin or edinburgh, i love scotland...

I vote Edinburgh! :haha: I'd actually come then! I wouldn't come if it was in England or Ireland - just can't afford to travel that far with bubs.

Anyone had AF since their loss after birth stopped?

yes i would have to vote edinburgh too but thats only because i cant travel without a passport.

Ohh sounds fun. I dont mind either way, i love Ireland but Ive never been to Scotland.

Jane what about a flask? With Vinnies bottle last night i made it up before i went to bed, but took a flask of boiling water and a jug up with me then when i heard him stirring i popped the bottle into the jug and filled it with water, then by the time he woke up properly it was warm.
That said he refused it point blank and pulled a face everytime the milk dripped into his mouth!! I tried for 5 mins before he got really worked up, offered him the breast and he took it fine.
Then lunch time today i tried him with the bottle again, he took just over an ounce but wouldnt take anymore so again i had to give him bitty!!
Looks like the formula plan is a no go for us.
xx

I have no passport atm either, mine has expired. I love Edinburgh, but I'm going there for my 21st in July and dunno if I could afford it twice in one year :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->