~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Oh god - i'd have to get on a plane by myself - i am the worlds worst at flying (well, probably not the worst but im a loon!) Ireland be cool though, i've never been.

We could have t shirts made up - lovebugs on tour............ i wonder what people would think we were lol

Ditto, I hate flying...my mums fault :dohh:

You know Edinburgh is lovely at all times of year :haha:

I lived in Edinburgh for 5 years - we still have a flat in Leith that we rent out :)

I would have no prob heading to Edinburgh, would give me an excuse to visit friends as well :)

Sounds like a plan then haha. Not sure if I can sell it to my OH though, is meant to be our romantic weekend away :lol:

I really really wish Edward would sleep!!! :hissy: xx

Wahoooo!!

Vinnie took the formula and fell asleep with no fuss and the bottle still in his mouth.
First time ive had a "milk drunk baby". He went straight down in his cot at 7:30 and i havent heard a peep from him since!!
It might just be a coincidence but i cant get over the difference; gone from him fussing for ages on the boob then crying and me fighting to get him to sleep......to falling asleep with a big content look on his face and the bottle still hanging out of his mouth. Hes so settled and like a new baby!!

Where was i going wrong!!?
xx

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz , someone kindly shoot me ? I dont feel right at all :(

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz , someone kindly shoot me ? I dont feel right at all :(

okay then....ph wait there's not a smiley that has a gun. :grr: this will have to do.

I feellike pants. I've got a head cold :cry: I wonder if shelby will get it too and omg thats gonna be hell if she does. :cry:

Well the other night was a one off cos last night Issy was back to wanting feeds every 3 hours or so. never mind tho!!

I feel a bit crap today myself, woke up sneezing and cant seem to stop

Wow, I had so much to catch up on just now.

Edinburgh gets my vote, it's only a quick train ride for me from here & I could do it as a day trip :)

With ref the bottle warming (not sure who was talking about it), I have an avent one that I can thoroughly recommend, it heats it to the right temperature, but I'm not sure if I would have bought it myself, mine was given to me by my MIL who got it really cheap at auction. I used to steralise my bottles & get them ready the night before. I would fill them with the right amount of water & seal the bottles & leave them on the side of the kitchen, & add powder just before the feeds. My son took them at room temperature mainly so I hardly used the bottle warmer.

I had a rubbish friday night at my mums, Tahlia was up every hour & cos we were all in one room, this disturbed Kaden too so he was also tired all day Sat. Came back last night and she went every 2-3 hours, which felt like bliss for me. She obviously just likes being at home like her mummy lol.

We all seem to be shifting our colds at last too, mine has lasted 3wks so far!!

Happy Easter everybody x

Morning and Happy Easter . I haven't really been online or chatty .. Im not myself I've had panic attacks and keep obsessing about cleaning im obsessing about weight and yet im constantly hungry and keep thinking im doing a bad job with Aoibheann Oh wants me too see a doctor but to me that would mean im doing something wrong I was depressed as a teen and dont want to accept that I could be again . Anyway Sorry I rambled :blush: Im going to make the effort to chat to you all more I miss the lovebugs :(

That's great news vinnie! Do you feel a bit more relaxed about things now? You'll probably find that he feeds off you better today with the rest on u. When James is fussy it's either because he's windy so I take him off and wind him or it's because I'm all tense and he's waiting for my let down. Do you feel yours?

Sam shame it didn't happen again but you never know! James slept four hours last night! Those of you who I've spoken to regularly know what a break through that is! And that was in his Moses basket as well. I can't believe it!

Ah Blackrose,sorry to hear you are having a rough time, i get like that over the cleaning sometimes too and i also weigh myself every day. Our hormones are all over the place too. Do talk to your HV or the Doctor just to see what they say.
Anytime you want to chat or meet up let me know. Am only about 2 hours away from where you live and I can couple it up with seeing some relatives nearby you anyway.
Big hugs
xx

Morning and Happy Easter . I haven't really been online or chatty .. Im not myself I've had panic attacks and keep obsessing about cleaning im obsessing about weight and yet im constantly hungry and keep thinking im doing a bad job with Aoibheann Oh wants me too see a doctor but to me that would mean im doing something wrong I was depressed as a teen and dont want to accept that I could be again . Anyway Sorry I rambled :blush: Im going to make the effort to chat to you all more I miss the lovebugs :(

Sinead make sure you do talk to us! We all know it's hard being a mum to a newborn doesn't mean your doing anything wrong!

I've had some very down times, the worst was when he wasn't sleeping, I wasn't getting any and couldn't cope at all. I cried all the time because I felt like I wasn't doing things right etc etc. I think some period of this is quite normal espesh if your not getting sleep! But if it's going on for a long time for yours and your LOs sake you must go to the doctors and seek help. Plus talk to us on here and get it out! Bottling it up is the worst thing xx

We made the bottle last night at 6.30,went to my mums for dinner and I BF at 6.50, then home at 9.50 and BF again, he lasted till 3.50 and bottle feed by OH then and lasted till 6.50 had 10 mins on BF and lasted till 9.15 when he fed for 30mins and is sucking his hands now, not going to try and feed i think he just wants to suck but although he took the soother after the 6.50 feed he doesnt always want it, anyway its ok to suck hands isnt it?

My daughter is off to see her dad for the night which feels weird as its easter sunday, ah well. It will be weird without her here.

Oh, we took the FF up with us and didnt heat it and he took it ok, so I think we might just make it before we go up at night and leave it to cool on the bedside table.

Edinburgh is fine with me for a night, flights are relatively cheap from Belfast airport which is not too far away from me and I can drive up there. My sister lived up there for years and its a fab place to go.

So now we need to decide on a date...

Blackrose -I agree with pinkclaire. Sleep deprivation is really hard on us. It doesnt matter if house is slightly untidy as long as you and baby are ok, will your OH do some of the tidying and cooking? Last week we ate at my mums 3 times and then again last night, that helps, and the week before she gave me a dinner to bring home for us to have.

Oh wow :) , you really are all so sweet ! Jane I may take you up on that :hugs: when the weather improves it would be so nice to take LO's out and about and also to chat to someone who knows where I'm at . does anyone find they have less and less in common with friends ? I love my friends but I think they are afraid to invite me out with them as they assume I'll be home all the time and when they visit all they talk about is babies(gosh that sounds selfish :blush: ) Claire I will defiantly chat to you all more :hugs: Anyway i've decided that on Tuesday i'll have a chat with my doctor .. Im terrified but maybe its better to know I'm ok ? Do you think It would be too early to go for my sex week check up then ?

Sinead, talk to doctor about the 6wk check up and see, Ive no friends with little babies, onlyone with a 4 year old and a 2 year old, the others are either single or just have a partner, so no-one to really chat to, going to start going to the mother and toddler groups locally that will get me out of the house and talking to others. My sister BF her two so she is helpful whenn it comes to advise on that. My other sister is a nurse and she is useful for medicalthings. She is off a lot as she is part time so can go and see her whenever i want. Are there any groups near you?Could ask my cousins wife as they are in your county, she might know, she's just had her 3rd baby recently too.

That would be fantastic , Im going to have a look now too . Mother and baby groups are a great idea I never properly considered them :blush: as I'd be a bit shy . Only for a minute though as normally Im a massive mouth hahaha

baby gps are a really great place to meet people in the same boat as you. I have made some very good friends through various gps over the past couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->