~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Morning and Happy Easter . I haven't really been online or chatty .. Im not myself I've had panic attacks and keep obsessing about cleaning im obsessing about weight and yet im constantly hungry and keep thinking im doing a bad job with Aoibheann Oh wants me too see a doctor but to me that would mean im doing something wrong I was depressed as a teen and dont want to accept that I could be again . Anyway Sorry I rambled :blush: Im going to make the effort to chat to you all more I miss the lovebugs :(

:hugs:

you are doing the right thing in speaking to your doctor and there is no shame in having a touch of pnd if thats what it turns out to be hun. dont be so hard on yourself xxxxxxxx

hope you are ok xxx

Well if its edinburgh I reckon I will book to stay at seton sands haven park, I dont really mind when as I have no school age children yet (well until august!).

Just looked at that and its very reasonable, so is the ferry over, we just need the date so that we can all book.

oh blackrose, sorry I missed your post, sorry to hear you have been finding things hard. Try not to worry too much about being obsessed with cleaning and diet, these are things you can feel in control of. I found when I had summer, that i hated feeling out of control, I needed fixations on certain things to keep me feeling sane. Its only when it begins to totally take over your life you need to get a bit worried.

Try to remember, every day our babies are changing and what they are doing this month, is not what they will be doing next month. The older they get the easier they do become. A lot of mums feel much much better when their babies reach 3 months, they dont need feeding all the time, they tend to be sleeping better and they are much more responsive, smiling and cooing etc etc. xxx

oh blackrose, sorry I missed your post, sorry to hear you have been finding things hard. Try not to worry too much about being obsessed with cleaning and diet, these are things you can feel in control of. I found when I had summer, that i hated feeling out of control, I needed fixations on certain things to keep me feeling sane. Its only when it begins to totally take over your life you need to get a bit worried.

Try to remember, every day our babies are changing and what they are doing this month, is not what they will be doing next month. The older they get the easier they do become. A lot of mums feel much much better when their babies reach 3 months, they dont need feeding all the time, they tend to be sleeping better and they are much more responsive, smiling and cooing etc etc. xxx

Your so right Max, whenever I am having a bad day I always clean the house so I feel like I'm back in control of one thing. It becomes obsessive but helps me feel back in control when the house is clean. I found the realisation that I dont decide when I go to bed etc really hard, even though I knew it was going to happen, I also found it really hard beiong on demand constantly for feeding etc and felt like I could never get away for a break. Now I cant leave james alone for 5 mins without worrying and I love the fact only i can feed him (cos I'm bf)! Its funny how things change a few weeks on.

Oh wow just remembered James is 2 months old today! Thats gone so fast! So I should only have one month until things seem easier then Max! xx

Only a month then till THomas is feeding and sleeping in a better routine too then, thats great.

I can't wait for it to get easier, 2 kids under 2 is hard, very hard....tried to put my toddler to sleep earlier but Evie was screaming....makes you wanna scream......but its not forever, thats what I tell myself to keep sanity....:)

You really are all so sweet , by the way Im totally up for Edinburgh sounds fun :) I want to have something good to focus on . How is everyone ? Im looking forward to chatting to my doctor tomorrow is that weird ?

Blackrose thats great, you are being very positive about this and thats a good start.
Hope goes well
XX

Sinead- I was the same, I dreaded actually going to the doctors but in the end I was just looking forward to feeling better by the time I went to the appointment. The baby group you've found sounds like a great idea too :)

Emma- Hope it gets easier for you soon. I also use the "it's not forever" when he's screaming and screaming.

I'm looking forward to my baby massage group on Weds :) and I've been invited to a post natal group that starts on the 13th for 3 weeks I think :D xx

katy, seems like you are on the up, well done!

Katy you do seem much happier , Im looking into doing baby massage too let us know what you think ?

I will do. Just hope Edward doesn't scream the place down :lol: xx

That's great Katy! I do baby massage on James everyday he loves it. It's a bit strange to start with as you have to ask them permission to do it and I felt silly but now he laughs when I ask him he definately knows what's coming! Xx

Have fun at the group when you go katy! I never learned baby massage, I just slap some oil on and rub it all over the place, fraser seems quite happy, he squirms and coo's when I do it (Probably saying...call this a massage mum?!).

Well the past week we have been having some feeding issues. I have been really quite down about it. When you think how bad you feel when there is something wrong with your first baby...think how bad you feel when there is something wrong with your FOURTH and you are meant to know all about babies by that point lol! He was clearly in a lot of discomfort, screaming and fussing and choking on all his bottles at every feed and waking on all his naps. I couldnt work out what was the matter.

Yesterday we changed to Dr Brown bottles and after some searching on the Internet, I decided to cut out the infacol. I read that infacol can quite often make babies actually burp a lot less and fart a lot more. I think this has been frasers problem, after a while of drinking his bottle, he was trying to pass such a lot of wind through his bottom and getting very distressed about it. So yesterday I put my plan into action...and I have a MUCH happier baby last night and today. He went back to draining his 6 ounce bottle very contentedly, the amount of farting has gone down a LOT, I am hoping I have cracked the problem. I am using gripe water instead of infacol now and he more settled.

James had that on infacol as well Max! He was soo unsettled and screaming now I just give him gaviscon for his reflux.

Don't feel down! Noone knows everything and you do know sooo much you've really helped me out enough times and a lot of the other girls xx

Max - I moved Tia onto Dr Browns bottles when she had colic, and never looked back.....they cut out pretty much all the air they swallow. Evie burps after a feed but def farts a lot more :blush: but apparently bf babies do have more gas come out their bums than their mouth. I only give her half a dose of infacol at a feed, just so theirs something in there...however for the past 2 nights, after her last feed b4 bed, she has thrown up her entire feed. Anyone else find their baby sometimes drinks soo fast that when you burp them, it all goes into reverse???

Max , I heard that about infacol too so we dont use it at all . dont worry sometimes no matter what you do it feel like its not right , although it sounds a lot like you have cracked the problem :hugs:. Emma Aoibheann does that too she gulps her bottles and throws it all back up at me . Ive bought some slower teats and now wind her every half ounce which sounds excessive but it helps her keep her food down .

Guess I'm going to have to take her off the boob a few times to wind her, so it doesn't all come back x

Guess I'm going to have to take her off the boob a few times to wind her, so it doesn't all come back x

I noticed I was getting lazy and not burping her and she was bringing up majority of her feed so I made sure I burped her when she first started pulling off and now she's kept it down for the last few days.
I stopped infacol too and she kept looking like she was straining when I gave it to her - she's fine now!

Off to baby club at my health centre now - got my pretty shoes on and my makeup done so I will be a yummy mummy today! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->