~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Gill - The sundance must have worked as its out in Dunfermline, hope it reaches Elie x

Well today I officially love Evie as she fell asleep at 6.30pm, fed at 12.15am, half 3 and then 6am...so I got sometime in the evening to put Tia to bed, and spend time with my oh !!! and Evie went straight back to sleep after each feed....think she may be growth spurting though as she slept alot yesterday (thought she'd be up all night) and she's eaten like a demon this morning...why is weight not falling off me :) Any growth spurts around 5 weeks??

Well girlies! I'm off to Fife today to stay in my caravan (rented not mine lol) and drink booze with a bunch of people from a car owners club! :happydance: Shelbys first car meet! lol

Hope you all have a good weekend and il catch up on Tuesday!

p.s wish me sunshine and lollipops! :)

Oooh enjoy. I grew up doing this type of thing every year and almost every weekend over the summer. My dad has 2 vintage cars, a riley 472 & an Austin A40. She'll have lots of fun as she gets older. :flower:

Yay, we have lovely sunshine today :thumbup:

Have managed to do loads of washing and have it all out on the line, why im so pleased about that I dont know! LOL

I love seeing all Noah's little clothes hanging up to dry - aaahhhhh

Hello all!! It's my birthday!!!!! - I am 21 again................ (plus about 9 yrs :rofl:). My DH is at work but decorated the room with balloons/banners etc & lit 30 candles on a cake for me this morning before he left. He got me a Wii fit :happydance: , am really pleased with that and also vouchers for my favourite hair salon for a cut & colour which I would never have spent money on other wise as it's well expensive. I also got money, next vouchers, a Tiffany & Co diary from my brother & GF & a lovely new digital camera from my mum & dad. I feel very spoilt :blush: & old :haha:

Bit of randomness going on with Tahlia on a night atm, she will have one great night where she'll get up maybe twice, and then a few nights of hell where she is up every hour!! I don't get it:shrug: Last night was a night of hell, hoping tonight is better. We have stopped giving her the gaviscon & she seems to be much better & not being so sick. It was accidental actually & I forgot to giver her it overnight when I was at my parents & she was in much less pain so we continued not to giver her it the next day & not looked back. She still brings a bit of milk up with wind & the occasional whole feed but not half as bad as before. I think it must have been a temporary thing with her.

Oh well, choc cake to eat etc. Speak to you all later :flower:

sorry caz, its a late wish but happy birthday, hope you had a good day xx

im convinced xander is teething.......... i really hope im wrong!!!!!

But he's dribbly and grizzly and gnawing on things.

I've had a lovely couple of days with the kids, weather been great and im in a good mood! Yay!

Lets hope the sun is here to stay!

Injections this morning were not too bad, he cried very briefly and I gave him some calpol!
Thomas has been dribbling for a week, could they possibly be teething already?? He went four hours between feeds 8.30 -12.30 then fed again at 3.00!! He is getty fussy about having the bottle after being so easy with it, not something I want to allow as it will make it harder in July when I intended to reduce the BF and introduce more FF so I think I will hold out until I can see the Public Health Nurse on tuesday and see what she says. Skin on hands really dry and my knuckles have cuts on them and they hurt.. :(
Sitting in now waiting for MIL to come!!

Well girlies! I'm off to Fife today to stay in my caravan (rented not mine lol) and drink booze with a bunch of people from a car owners club! :happydance: Shelbys first car meet! lol

Hope you all have a good weekend and il catch up on Tuesday!

p.s wish me sunshine and lollipops! :)

Oooh enjoy. I grew up doing this type of thing every year and almost every weekend over the summer. My dad has 2 vintage cars, a riley 472 & an Austin A40. She'll have lots of fun as she gets older. :flower:

Cool we love our classic cars, visit www.immoc.com that is our clubs website. We were thinking of driving one of the cars over in the summer for our meeting up in Edinburgh but dont think we will get the traveller on the road in time, the others dont have a big enough boot!!!

Afternoon all! Gill I hope you have a lovely time!

What a beautiful day it is up here today, sooo hot! Been out to tesco for the weekly food shop and then took the kids to the park for 2 hours or so. Fraser has slept a lot, but hopefully wont be too bad tonight. Last night he was amazing, he slept from 11.30pm to 5am but I decided to put his rain on rather than offer a feed as he has been taking two ounces for a week now....and he went back to sleep almost straight away. He then woke at 6.30am, I put the rain on again and he slept until I woke him at 7.15am! So no night feed last night and he has been feeding much better today. I doubt it will be the same tonight though!

Wow max, you lucky thing, no night feed.... :thumbup: fingers crossed its the start of a regular occurance.

Noah has been more settled the last few days, sleeping better, more contented when awake - its lovely. Not sure if its a link or coincidence but i have stopped using infacol after reading some of the posts on here :shrug:

Tried to make the effort on joining in on here today and went into the baby club section and added in my views on weaning.... wont be doing that again as they were shot down by the 'stick to the government guidelines brigade'.... :dohh:

Oh Rach, I get very tired of the worshipping of the government guidelines. They change frequently. I weaned all mine at four months and will with Fraser too if milk isnt filling him up, I certainly wont be going back to feeding him 2 hourly day and night, as they want when milk isnt keeping them content for as long. You are mum, not the government, do what you think is best for the baby.

I actually dont tend to post in the baby club all that much, not being attachment, baby wearing, baby weaning and all that jazz sort of parent, but an old school one with a love of routine...wouldnt be worth my while lol!

As for the infacol, I am sure it was what was upsetting fraser. Now I use gripe water, I put it in the infacol bottle so i can just squirt it in the same. Like Noah, within 2 days of stopping it, he was really smiley and chirpy, much more content and sleeping his naps again.

Oooh and we went to a carboot sale today and got fraser the best wee playgym, he absolutely loves it, it is this one:

https://www.hktdc.com/sourcing/comp...stockofothernode=false&entryPoint=1&locale=en

cost us a whole 50p and is brand new condition. You wind it up and it goes round like a mobile. When it stops and i wind it up again and the music starts, his wee face just lights up. I will try and video him with it tomorrow!

MIL never came yesterday, eventually one of OH brothers came over for a short visit, THomas fed at 5,30 and then at 9.30 pm, fell asleep at 11pm until 5am ian gave him a bottle and he slept till 8,20 I BF'd him and took him down with me for my breakfast for an hour and then ian took him down and I went to sleep till 11,45!! He didnt want to feed until 1,30 then 4,30 (I had to feed him in the car inthe carpark of Aldi as I was out so long!!!) then at 8pm and ian has just rocked him to sleep! Hopefully if we feed him at 11 he will sleep well tonight, would love to get his feeds into a proper routine but its not happening at all!! Bought a blue cardigan in new look and my teenager goes you bought that, its cool ill be nicking that!!!!

I weaned Sophie at 4 months as she was hungry, i'll be talking to my public health nurse to see what her thoughts are on it, but will trust my instincts.

Hope you all have a good evening and a good sleep!

Wooop :) Aoibheann is 10lbs12oz shes doping really well , no sign of the suspected heart murmur , her hip is now perfect . My doctor kept commenting on how alert and advanced she is and asked was I sure she wasn't older (smug aren't I hahah ) . After chatting to him ,he has decided I have PND and has prescribed some anti-depressants . Im nervous about taking them but want to feel better . Max Im all for routine myself and going with my guts I feel like generally that's the best for my little one there are way to many government guidelines and I tend to think how are we all here and healthy as our parents never had any guidelines ?

aww glad aoibheann is doing well! Also good to hear you are getting help for the PND, well done you.

I am very pleased this morning, little man slept right through from 11.30-7am last night, didnt stir at all. Long may it continue.

Wow fingers crossed it continues ! nothing beats a full nights sleep

Wow max, you lucky thing, no night feed.... :thumbup: fingers crossed its the start of a regular occurance.

Noah has been more settled the last few days, sleeping better, more contented when awake - its lovely. Not sure if its a link or coincidence but i have stopped using infacol after reading some of the posts on here :shrug:

Tried to make the effort on joining in on here today and went into the baby club section and added in my views on weaning.... wont be doing that again as they were shot down by the 'stick to the government guidelines brigade'.... :dohh:

Just saw this :hugs: Im afraid to mention what I think about weaning or how we get Aoibheann into her sleep routine . Im sure I'd be attacked for it :cry:

Tbh it's all doing my head in. I've mentioned bf before and I've been shot down for making people feel bad who couldn't do it when I've said nothing of the sort. Everyone has there own way of doing things and yeah ask for opinions but don't shoot people down for giving them.

I bf, I babywear, I cosleep, I use disposible nappies, I don't believe in cry it out as James only crys if something is wrong and will be trying BLW but that's because I feel they are right for my baby. My youngest sister is three, she hated sleeping with anyonr and being carried, my mum used CIO and it worked for her perfectly but then she has a completely different child . My mum gave her top up bottles as well, again cos it was right for them. If I have another child I might do things completely differently if their personality is different! We all just want to do best by our children that's all that matters! I would never shoot anyone down for doing something different society makes us mums feel guilty enough as it is! I'm constantly questioning myself I don't need anyone else to critisise me! Xx

Exactly how I feel , we do what suits Aoibheann and us . CIO works well for us and I hate being told im cruel as Im not

Of course your not Sinead your trying to do what you think is right! My sister never would have slept if it wasn't for CIO! And she's a very (perhaps too much) confident young girl!

How boring would it be if we all did the same and there certainally wouldn't have been a need for this forum if we did and none of us would talk! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->