~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

it can be bought over the counter, the infant gaviscon, it doesnt actually need to be prescribed just if you werent aware. I hope xander will settle soon x

2bananas cant believe you are still waiting on your maternity allowance, thats shocking that its not sorted yet hun.

This month will be the start of my SMP as the 6weeks of 90% pay is over - not looking forward to this bit as DH is in the RAF and I am the 'breadwinner' so the effect of SMP will sting :wacko:

You would think that after giving birth 5 1/2 weeks ago, constant blood tests, 2 IV drips and an epidural I would have been fine going to the dentist this morning for a replacement filling but I was a nervous wreck and it really hurt :cry::cry: I am such a wimp!

I tried reading a few pages back to see if anyone else was having this problem but didn't see anything. Emily has a horrible rash on her face, head, neck and shoulders. When she was born she had developed a simular rash and the MW told me what it was ( I have forgotten the name) it was mild but on here face at the time..the MW told me the rash was coomon among newborns and it would pop up in different places on her body. Well it did clear up on her face and I noticed a few small spots under her arms. That also cleared up. Well about a week ago we had some warm weather and Emily started to get a few spots on her neck and behind her ears so I chocked it up to "prickly heat" and just made sure she stayed cool. Well it was gotten worst and spread to all the areas I mentioned. Has anyone every experienced this and do you have any advice on how to treat this ??? This rash doesn't seam to bother her but it does look awful.

it can be bought over the counter, the infant gaviscon, it doesnt actually need to be prescribed just if you werent aware. I hope xander will settle soon x

i didnt know that Max, you would think i would given that I work on the pharmacy counter at boots but i've never been asked for it and its not on the shelves, they keep it with all the POM's so thought it must be Prescription only.

Well If you dont want it then I'd gladly give it a go! But the doctor told me he was too young and there was nothing he could give him - i tried to argue that I believed he was wrong and I dont think he appreciated it so just sent me on my way! Bloody useless he was!

I tried reading a few pages back to see if anyone else was having this problem but didn't see anything. Emily has a horrible rash on her face, head, neck and shoulders. When she was born she had developed a simular rash and the MW told me what it was ( I have forgotten the name) it was mild but on here face at the time..the MW told me the rash was coomon among newborns and it would pop up in different places on her body. Well it did clear up on her face and I noticed a few small spots under her arms. That also cleared up. Well about a week ago we had some warm weather and Emily started to get a few spots on her neck and behind her ears so I chocked it up to "prickly heat" and just made sure she stayed cool. Well it was gotten worst and spread to all the areas I mentioned. Has anyone every experienced this and do you have any advice on how to treat this ??? This rash doesn't seam to bother her but it does look awful.

In the last few days Xanders skin has just started to clear. 2 weeks ago he started with a mild rash on his face and then it turned into this terrible angry looking red rash all over his face, neck, ears. poor boy, he looked awful and i started panicking he had bad eczema but waited to see if it disappeared and it has, he looks lovely again now :)

If it goes on for more than a couple of weeks then I'd go see your gp or HV but from what i know most babies get quite spotty - it just looks terrible xx

2bananas cant believe you are still waiting on your maternity allowance, thats shocking that its not sorted yet hun.

This month will be the start of my SMP as the 6weeks of 90% pay is over - not looking forward to this bit as DH is in the RAF and I am the 'breadwinner' so the effect of SMP will sting :wacko:

You would think that after giving birth 5 1/2 weeks ago, constant blood tests, 2 IV drips and an epidural I would have been fine going to the dentist this morning for a replacement filling but I was a nervous wreck and it really hurt :cry::cry: I am such a wimp!

Apparently my claim wasnt even received until 3 weeks after i posted it.......... they said they were experiencing difficulties with royal mail and receiving post????

I've been told it could be another 3 weeks :dohh:

Im a nightmare at the dentist, I've got an appointment on wednesday and dreading it! Hope you arent in too much pain from it x

Have just found this thread and thought i'd pop in and say hello *waves* I haven't read all the posts as my eyes are sleepy :p I hope you're all getting on okay :) xx

i didnt know that Max, you would think i would given that I work on the pharmacy counter at boots but i've never been asked for it and its not on the shelves, they keep it with all the POM's so thought it must be Prescription only.

Well If you dont want it then I'd gladly give it a go! But the doctor told me he was too young and there was nothing he could give him - i tried to argue that I believed he was wrong and I dont think he appreciated it so just sent me on my way! Bloody useless he was!

If you pm me your address I will pop the box in the post tomorrow. Just be aware there are side effects, it can make baby constipated, or become even worse, if reflux isnt actually the problem. You can stop it at any time though and it is worth a go for a week or so to see if it helps.

i could habe written your post - shelby is the same. it comes and goes with her but hv said its fine as she is totally well.

Had a lovely weekend away but having a bad night just now (on facebook if youve added me) will explain later. got dance class tonight so i hope these teenagers behave or i may burst into tears again!
:cry:

i could habe written your post - shelby is the same. it comes and goes with her but hv said its fine as she is totally well.

Had a lovely weekend away but having a bad night just now (on facebook if youve added me) will explain later. got dance class tonight so i hope these teenagers behave or i may burst into tears again!
:cry:

ahh Gill :hugs:

Hi all.

welcome to lou and future numan :)

Hope you all had a good weekend!!! Ours was ok. busy but don't feel like we got a lot done you know?

I still havn't had a decision made on my maternity allowance, i dont think they could take any longer if they tried!!!! I am skint!! I am spending today going through loads of stuff to list on ebay. I have been £600 down a month for 3 months now and needless to say its now causing a strain on our finances! The reserves have gone! grrrrr!!

Anyone else's lo get left with a granuloma from there cord? Belle had it when hers fell off and xander had one too. Have had it treated with silver nitrate once but it didnt work and want it done again but the doctor the other day wouldnt do it as she isnt a fan of doing it and gave me some cream instead - which isnt working. So need to go back again!

Also got totally patronised at the gp clinic saturday.Think xander may have some reflux going on......... he's been pretty unhappy. Was told its normal, dont worry, cant give him anything anyway. gee thanks then!!

I hope the maternity allowance gets sorted soon, terrible that its taking them so long.

Is xander still doing what fraser was doing when feeding? Pulling off and arching back etc? I know you say money is tight just now, I have an unopened box of infant gaviscon I could post to you if you like, to try with xander. I was given it for fraser, but that wasnt his problem in the end. If you find he is better with the gaviscon, you can then go back to your GP and tell him so.

Thats really kind Max but I want it prescribed to me if I use it, not for any other reason than if the HV asks I havn't acted against the doctors advice (they are all a bit closely knitted together at my surgery!)

He's not arching his back as much but he is grumbly and being sick at random times and having this watery build up of fluid and squirms around when feeding.

I hope the mat office sort themselves out too. Wish I had gotten preg just a month later and then my work would have had to pay me mat leave (not that i'd want to change my little man though :baby:)

Just sometimes things could have worked out better!

Dont you get free prescriptions?

[/QUOTE]

Dont you get free prescriptions?[/QUOTE]

yes. but the doctor wouldnt prescribe me anything as he said there was nothing suitable for his age - to be honest i dont think he was taking me seriously and just thought i was inventing a problem. if i'd known i could buy it over the counter i would have done so rather than wait 90 minutes to be seen on sat to then be fobbed off!! grrrr!

Pooey doctor!!! Have fed thomas every two hours today, hopefully he will sleep better, i had him asleep in pram and the dog knocked something over and then woke him, OH got him to sleep but when he took him upstairs he woke uo and then he fed for 2o mins and went to sleep, that was an hour ago so he is asleep 30 mins, hopefully for longer!! Hope you all get a good nights sleep. Going to hunt down my exercise viideos/pilates dvd for tomorrow or go for a very long walk!!

Max your always full of such good advice for us all!

James is still not sleeping more than 2-3 hrs between feeds, I am ready to tear my hair out but have no idea how to change it?

Also i HAVE to get James in his Moses, hubby has taken to throwing pillows round in his sleep the last two nights! I woke up one night and he'd moved a pillow onto James head I was mortified! Hubby doesn't even know hes doing it though which scares me. I just feel like I'm doing everything wrong again :-(

You arent doing everything wrong, its so hard keeping up with a baby when they seem to change almost hourly.

You are breast feeding arent you claire? I cant really advise there as I didnt manage more than a couple of months with summer and during that time she was a nightmare. Perhaps in the breast feeding forum they could advise you better, but if james would take a dummy without affecting your feeding, perhaps you could try lengthen the time between feeds with that, so that when he does feed, he is taking as full a one as he can manage?

How does james sleep? I know you co sleep, but is he swaddled or not? I think swaddling can really help get baby settled. You could try feeding james and once he is nice and sleepy, pop him down in the moses basket a little awake. If he grizzles for a wee bit and you dont mind it, dont pick him back up straight away, see if he will settle after 5-10 mins of grizzling. If he wont pick him up and get him sleepy again and try again. Or...wait until he is older and perhaps your DH needs to sleep elsewhere just now?

Thanks Max, I tried swaddling him and he really doesn't like it! I would quite happily say my boy has the most active hands and legs you have ever seen, they are always waving about somewhere and he doesn't like them being restricted (I think he came out and thought thank god freedom rather than wrap me up!). He does like his sleeping bags though and he loves being cuddled! He's like the cuddle monster. The problem is I think is that he doesn't self settle himself at all and I'm not sure how to teach him? We do co-sleep but it was not my intention it's what he wants and tbh while he's waking this much it's a lot easier with him in bed with me xx

Oh my god!!! How did i miss this thread!!! How are you all?!?!?!?!

Hello Nuke :hugs: . morning all . took a friend , Aoibheann and her dog on a 4 mile yesterday feel really good long live this sunshine

gi gfyhh fgxc 7665567t6677y6yjyiujgbb

#

srtrffe

#

weewtr ttg r c wrrwsrree e545r65

How odd!

Hi Nuke how are you and your LO?

James slept a bit better last night, he slept in his Moses basket for 4 hours which is a fab improvement, so I'm feeling a bit more human today! Hope everyone else is ok? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->