~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

issy now weighs 10lb4!

still not dtd here, got minipill at my check last week.all healed down below, just scared :s

I know exactly how you feel ! Congrats on issy's weight !

Ahh more babies!! eeck! I personally cant stand the thought of having to go through those first few weeks again. My hubby really wants another one in a couple of years but right now I'd quiet happily get my womb removed as much as I love my little Shelby I dont think I could manage another one. Will probably change my mind though in a few years! lol

Off to get my contraceptive implant today - oh goodie - more pain and hormones! But no babies too soon so its worth it.

Am I the only one not bothered about a routine? The only routine we've got is she goes to bed between 9 and half past (my bedtime anyway hahaha)
The rest of the time I do what she wants and she's semi fallen into a routine herself but it can change every day sometimes. I find it so much less stressful than trying to make her do something when she doesnt want to. Good on you lot for getting your babies into a routine - I just can't face making her do stuff at certain times lol.

I dont make fraser do anything gill, i dont actually believe its possible to make a baby do anything, if they really want to sleep they will, if they dont want to feed they wont and so on. Not sure if its just your wording or if you do think those with routine somehow force their babies into it. Perhaps some do but not me. Whatever suits mum and baby but i know i wouldfind it stressful if fraser woke at ten to nine in the morning screaming to be fed when I have to take my girls to preschool. Much better to wake him up at 7am, feed him and settle him for 8.45...for ne and him. Just an example of why I and probably other mums have routine.

If fraser was my first though and i didnt have other children, i would not worry about routines. :thumbup:

Ahh more babies!! eeck! I personally cant stand the thought of having to go through those first few weeks again. My hubby really wants another one in a couple of years but right now I'd quiet happily get my womb removed as much as I love my little Shelby I dont think I could manage another one. Will probably change my mind though in a few years! lol

Off to get my contraceptive implant today - oh goodie - more pain and hormones! But no babies too soon so its worth it.

Am I the only one not bothered about a routine? The only routine we've got is she goes to bed between 9 and half past (my bedtime anyway hahaha)
The rest of the time I do what she wants and she's semi fallen into a routine herself but it can change every day sometimes. I find it so much less stressful than trying to make her do something when she doesnt want to. Good on you lot for getting your babies into a routine - I just can't face making her do stuff at certain times lol.

I dont make fraser do anything gill, i dont actually believe its possible to make a baby do anything, if they really want to sleep they will, if they dont want to feed they wont and so on. Not sure if its just your wording or if you do think those with routine somehow force their babies into it. Perhaps some do but not me. Whatever suits mum and baby but i know i wouldfind it stressful if fraser woke at ten to nine in the morning screaming to be fed when I have to take my girls to preschool. Much better to wake him up at 7am, feed him and settle him for 8.45...for ne and him. Just an example of why I and probably other mums have routine.

If fraser was my first though and i didnt have other children, i would not worry about routines. :thumbup:

Oh no I dont mean anyone forces babies into anything! :hugs: I just mean having a set time for trying to feed/sleep/etc etc. I don't try have her feeding at any time or have her napping at any time. I just do what she wants. If she roots I feed, if she yawns she sleeps.

No routine as such here either, tends to nap at regular enough times though they do vary and does settle at night around 8.30 other than that, if he wants feed or sleep he gets it..

Went to a mother and toddler club for the first time, enjoyed it and will go again.

Oh no I dont mean anyone forces babies into anything! :hugs: I just mean having a set time for trying to feed/sleep/etc etc. I don't try have her feeding at any time or have her napping at any time. I just do what she wants. If she roots I feed, if she yawns she sleeps.

Oh good, i wouldnt like you to be thinking I am mean to fraser! I would be very sad if you did :hugs: its kinda hard to know what some people mean when it comes to routine, i think because its not generally the done thing now.

I only wish I hadnt been so routined with my first and really enjoyed her, but you live and learn. Fraser does have routine, but its not inflexible, we go out on his naps at the weekends, and if he wakes he wakes etc.

As long as mum and baby are happy and getting some kip!

No routine here either, though she does get ready for bed between 7-9pm depending on how she slept in the day. She still sleeps in front room in her moses atm till I go to bed, but that'll change once she's a few months old & she'll go up before us. I do try & wake her to feed before we go out if I need to, like taking DS to nursery, but feed when wanted & she sleeps when tired for the majority. It would be diffrent if I had more stuff to to during the day like school runs & I would be a bit stricter with routine etc. My aim atm min is gettin her to sleep out of arms during the day, she tends to wake as soon as I lay her down, but if she is tired & i leave her winging for a bit she has started to nod off on her own after fighting it lol.

Well last night was truely our best...bathed, fed by 7pm, and fought sleep a bit, but was asleep by 7.45pm...and didn't wake for a feed until 2.45am...I got 5 hours straight sleep, she then woke at 6am for a feed, and slept until 7am......long may it continue.

Don't have a routine, but agree with max on having Evie awake from 7am, because I have Tia to get up & away to childminders on 3 mornings...makes life easier, however with Tia, she used to sleep til 11am....:)

Well shelby is still a grumbly toots this morning. I really don't know ifits just her tummy being sore or her gums hardening ready for teething. It cant be teething -she's only 2 months old ahhhhhhhhhh (ive a thread in the bf section explains all)

Got first jabs today too. Think I'm going to be in for a nightmare tonight :cry:

Gill - good luck with the jabs, its truely worse for the mother than the baby xx

Help! Lucie got cold, rung doctors they are ringing me back she all bunged up and keeps coughing, when she coughs it awful sounds like she choking. MIL had cold last week and insited on cuddling her, wished i had put my foot down and said no now.:(

Gill - hope the jabs go ok .
Jane - Im glad you enjoyed the class!
Lou , the poor little thing :(

Awww hope she gets better soon Lou :flower:

I have managed to spill blue nail varnish on our leather sofa this morning :dohh::dohh: I tried to dab it abit with sme remover on cotton wool but its just made it worse :cry:

Any ideas ladies .....???

Lou - hope Lucie feels better soon.

Rach - i'd run and hide lol I bet you're in for a lecture lol

LOL thanks 2bananas!! The 11 year old said something similar when he saw it!!

Id already told DH that id treat him to an indian tonight, so maybe that will keep him sweet, plus i'll give him one of my easter eggs - if all fails i'll blame Noah heheheeee :haha:

https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf496617.tip.html

Rach this might help :)

or this one https://www.ehow.com/how_1000591_remove-polish-leather.html

Rach, I'd put another coat on top (strange I know but it wets all the layers) and wipe with a lint free cloth so no fluff gets stuck then use some oil (olive oil/body oil/anything really) and wipe with that to get the remainder off. Keep repeating this and it should come off - that's what I do with mine. I am constantly getting nail polish on everything even though I'm a beauty therapist - you'd think I'd have learnt not to spill it! :haha:
Nail polish hates oil though. If its really stubburn then very very carefully use a cotton bud and nail polish remover to take off the top layer of the polish then do the above. I'd be very wary using polish remover on leather as it will eat through the leather even after you've stop applying it. Good luck!!

Well Shelby has had her jabs and is snoozing away just now. Spoke to the doc about her screaming since I started eating cows milks again and her response was that it has nothing to do that and she's just going through a phase. Pants! A phase that corresponds to my eating habits maybe! :dohh:

I'm going to stick with leaving cows milk out of my diet, I'm still eating small amounts of cheese and eggs but I don't really eat anything else dairy - just milk which is the bulk of my dairy. She's started calming down today since I stopped cows milk yesterday so I do think its related.

Poor Lucie, hope she feels better soon! :hugs:

Just called HV as I noticed alexanders fonatanelle seems sunken and I know it cant be dehydration as he isnt feeding any less and is perfectly well in himself so i started to worry a bit. Then i've just trawled through some old threads on here with ladies saying the same thing about their lo's and how it is more apparent when they sit upright sometimes but seems better when they lay down, apparently normal. and the hv wasnt bothered because he is still having wet nappies. She thinks im neurotic anyways so made me feel a bit daft!

Its not the first time i've noticed it sink but just seemed more visible than normal this afternoon - he's fine though but i just hate it when something changes! makes me feel uneasy and like i need to worry!

I've thought the same Lana, The health visitor said to me if hes dehydrated he wont be having wet nappies plus it is really sunken in not just a little bit! ( I thought it was 'really' sunken in but apparently not!)

Hey all, sorry I've been AWOL. Been mad busy, last Weds was baby massage, then went for lunch with the ladies from there on Fri before going to my friends 21st, then been out every day this week. Plus Edward is going through a clingy stage and completely fighting sleep so been a bit run off my feet. Hope everyone is well. Had Edward weighed today, he's now 11lb 3ozs and following the 25th centile nicely :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->