~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

caz - my LO has first jabs tomorrow aswell. I'm dreading it! xx

Remember that withh Thomas a few weeks ago, get calpol as you will need to give it as LO will be out of sorts!
:hugs:

Hi all

Well we have a 3 hour routine in place and naps are also now more structured although he was very restless last night and we had a tough night with him waking at 3 am and refusing to feed but not settling for OH and I had to settle him, he woke again at 5.30 same issues for OH so I gave him the breast for 15 mins and then let him sleep beside me and gave him same breast at 7 am, he has stuck to the routine except that he had only an hour 11-12 but nearly two hours at the next nap and is asleep now for catnap, so hopefully on track for rest of the day, we are going to put him in his own room tonight and OH can go to him for feed, basically my public health nurse advised me that he wants me because he is breast fed, I am expressing the milk and leaving it for OH to give him for that feed and another one at lunch time so that he gets used to being fed by him!
Hope all is well with everyone, although it is very quiet on line the last few days...

Hi all

Well we have a 3 hour routine in place and naps are also now more structured although he was very restless last night and we had a tough night with him waking at 3 am and refusing to feed but not settling for OH and I had to settle him, he woke again at 5.30 same issues for OH so I gave him the breast for 15 mins and then let him sleep beside me and gave him same breast at 7 am, he has stuck to the routine except that he had only an hour 11-12 but nearly two hours at the next nap and is asleep now for catnap, so hopefully on track for rest of the day, we are going to put him in his own room tonight and OH can go to him for feed, basically my public health nurse advised me that he wants me because he is breast fed, I am expressing the milk and leaving it for OH to give him for that feed and another one at lunch time so that he gets used to being fed by him!
Hope all is well with everyone, although it is very quiet on line the last few days...

Pixie, do you feed/play then put him down for a nap every 3 hours? I can't get Tia to sleep, her hands & legs are constantly moving, I swear she constantly wakes herself up by punching herself....when do they get control over their limbs?? cos I'm tired ! :wacko:

Yes i use EASY Eat Activty Sleep You, basically try to find out when they are tired and get them up before they get narky, if they dont settle themselves then you put on your shoulder rock and pat their back and go ssh ssh and usually asleep in less than 2 mins. You could try a sleeping bag for her legs but I dont know about arms, its a long time since my daughter was a baby and its coming back to me in bits n bobs, try Tracy Hoggs book The baby whisperer solves all your problems.

Xander had his jabs today - horrid!

But he's fine now :) Been pretty grumbly all day but no temp so he hasn't had anything for it - think he was just pissed off at me, he really did give me a look of disgust afterwards, cant blame him mind lol

Im feeling pretty tired the last few days, bit run down I think, looking forward to the bank holiday

Anyone doing anything nice the weekend then? Im hoping for gorgeous weather!

I have to tightly swaddle Shelby or she wakes herself with her arms and legs. She even manages ot get them out of a swaddle so tight I wouldn't be able to get my arms out. I have to reswaddle her at every nightime feed as her arms have crept out by then. We've started calling her houdini! lol

Bring on the nice weather - its glorious here today and I'm itching to do my first mow of my lawn but I don't think the neighbours would appreciate it at half 6 in the morning lol.

I agree with putting them down before they get tired. Shelby was a nightmare until I started doing that. Now I tend to feed, leave her to play - she can amuse herself for over an hour with her playgym and bouncer (its the fisher price one with the electric arch she can bat animals and make noises) then at the first sign of a yawn I put her down in her crib with the mobile on. She watches the mobile for a while then goes to sleep. She sometimes wakes and grumbles but I just shush her for a minute and walk away and she self settles quiet well now. I think she's got used to the idea I will not pick her up if she is grumbling cos she's tired.

On another note - we think she is lefthanded! She's got a real preference to batting her toys with her left hand whilst her right one stays pined to her side grabbing her clothes.

Aww poor Xander! I'm just dreading the 4 month ones with 3 injections eeeck!

Thomas sleptin his big cot in his own room last night, he woke at 1.30 for a cuddle with daddy then at 3.30 for his feed, I slept through the 3.30 one so sleep for me was 12 - 1.30 and then 1.45 - 7 am! Not too bad!!
Also dreading the next set of jabs....

Yes i use EASY Eat Activty Sleep You, basically try to find out when they are tired and get them up before they get narky, if they dont settle themselves then you put on your shoulder rock and pat their back and go ssh ssh and usually asleep in less than 2 mins. You could try a sleeping bag for her legs but I dont know about arms, its a long time since my daughter was a baby and its coming back to me in bits n bobs, try Tracy Hoggs book The baby whisperer solves all your problems.

Yeah I have the book, used it with Tia, but Evie does the eat & play bit...but not bothered by the sleep...its very frustrating...well for me :)

Evie ate at 6.30pm, fell asleep at 8pm, and didn't wake til 3.22am....my boobs were like bowling balls :haha: she then didn't wake til 7.15, and I swear my top was wet with milk, guess they couldn't wait for her.....man its sexy to be a breastfeeding mum x

Is it mass jab time then as Noah had his first set today :cry:

I made DH meet me at the medical centre and hold him as I'm a big wimp. DH said he felt awful - bless!

After the second jab Noah's little leg bled quite abit - poor thing.

He's now sleeping but keeps waking up for cuddles :hugs:

Yeah I have the book, used it with Tia, but Evie does the eat & play bit...but not bothered by the sleep...its very frustrating...well for me :)

Evie ate at 6.30pm, fell asleep at 8pm, and didn't wake til 3.22am....my boobs were like bowling balls :haha: she then didn't wake til 7.15, and I swear my top was wet with milk, guess they couldn't wait for her.....man its sexy to be a breastfeeding mum x

Why not express???

Why not express???

I've have to do it in the middle of the night though, or first thing........dunno if i'm that organised :)

Thomas was sucking his thumb and falling asleep, just 2 seconds too early it fell out of his mouth and he roared, his routine has been out the window all day!!! especially his feeds!!

Thomas was sucking his thumb and falling asleep, just 2 seconds too early it fell out of his mouth and he roared, his routine has been out the window all day!!! especially his feeds!!

ditto.....Evie needs a dummy to settle her, and those flaming arms of her punched it out of her mouth...aagghhhh her eyes were shut and she was settled (after a wee barny).......can't wait til she gets control of those hands, I'm gonna have to celotape them to the mattress :haha:

Jabs were horrid :cry::cry::cry::cry: Had a friend hold her & I could've cried wih her. She's been totally one one ever since, I cant put her down & she's been on the boob almost permanently since about 2. I even resorted to giving her a small dose of calpol (which I never had to do with Kaden) which has helped a tiny bit, but memthinks I'm in for a hell of a night *sighs*. She was flat out on me, I've put her on the sofa next to me so I can type & she's crying in her sleep. I feel so bad for her.

I have also made the decision to try out Cloth nappies today, there are just sooooooo many to choose from tho, I could spend a fortune on all the girly ones I have seen :rofl:. DH not too keen, but damn it man, who changes all the nappies anyway lol.

Well its official, Evie never wants to sleep...crying just seems to be more fun...what happened to my baby who was asleep by 7.30pm.....I want her back!!!

Hey I want cloth ones - wastold that mothercare ones not great, but bum genius are good but a lot to choose from there too, ill ask for details from friends partner to see what ones exactly they have.
Thomaswas a devil tonight got him asleep eventually at 9!
With the expressing Caz - if I miss a feed I express afterwards when home for example today - he fed at 7 then 10 (not very well, got 2oz out with pump) then used same boob for 12.30 as he was whinging and then expressed the other at 1 for the normal feed time and gave it to him at 2.30 when he wanted it, then boob as normal at 5.45 instead of 7pm so he didnt want his normal 7pm so expressed that and got 5.5 oz which will be used for the 3.30 feed and a formula will be used for his 11pm dream feed soI will express both boobies tonight before going to bed.. Am at home with just him during the day and partner so a bit bored and sterlizer is on all the time.....

man we're all quiet these days ..... we must all have very good babies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->