~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

man we're all quiet these days ..... we must all have very good babies :flower:

Poorly bubba today - xander has a cold and he's really snotty and feeding as such a struggle for him :(

He is breathing so hard through his nose and keeps getting choked by the milk cos he's so stuffy.

Poor thing. He is pretty zonked today - not surprising really after how little sleep he had yesterday.

In other news - My back is killing me!

Its been getting gradually worse over the last couple of weeks, m now taking Voltrol daily just to ease the pain a bit but it doesn't work very well.

Its making me miserable. Think im going to have to go and get some physio or see a chiropractor, Im really struggling to lift things, I cant bath Alexander without immense pain and picking him up out of his chair or swing is just as bad.

This boy seriously messed my body up! :dohh:

me thinks you should go see doctor Lana! Also try a remedial therapist - mine totally sorted out my back when I broke it few years back - was torture for a few sessions but now its wonderful.

Caz, Pixie, come over to the fluffy bum side!!

I'm officially addicted to cloth bumming already, so much so that I have ordered Noah his first custom made one from Weenotions.... :blush:

Today Noah showed off his new fluffy moo cow print nappy to his nanny :cloud9:

Jabs have really knocked him for six as well, his little routine that he settled himself into has disappeared, he's not feeding well, not settling, clingy and keeps getting a temperature :nope: poor little munchkin :cry:

My bubba is teething :cry: she has been screaming all evening and morning until I figured to put bonjela on her dummy and then she fell asleep straight away. I feel so bad for her :cry:

I'm there.................

I made my first order from cnc on Sat. X2 pink Flips with 6 inserts & x3 girly Itti Bitti's. Should be here in the next couple of days :thumbup:. I still find it a minefield though :rofl:. My next buy is to find a really good night nappy. DH caved in eventually and said 'you're not gonna let it drop', plus I mentioned that I can get £30 back from the government too. :thumbup:

My bubba is teething :cry: she has been screaming all evening and morning until I figured to put bonjela on her dummy and then she fell asleep straight away. I feel so bad for her :cry:

bless her, I have bought an amber bracelet for my lil lady in advance.Will put it in her ankle under socks tho. Thats early for her to start isnt it. T has started stuffing her fist in her mouth so thought that might have been her starting, but she just likes to suck I think. All the drool is horrid tho.

poor shelby :(

I think Xander is too Gill, he's so dribbly. We also keep getting outbursts of crying fits and its the only thing I can think it could be - he's usually such happy lil guy!

I made my first order from cnc on Sat. X2 pink Flips with 6 inserts & x3 girly Itti Bitti's. Should be here in the next couple of days :thumbup:. I still find it a minefield though :rofl:. My next buy is to find a really good night nappy. DH caved in eventually and said 'you're not gonna let it drop', plus I mentioned that I can get £30 back from the government too. :thumbup:

see........ i've always been intrigued with the cloth nappies.....

how do they work out cost wise, and how do you clean them etc???
arent they much more expensive because of the cleaning involved or am i totally wrong here?

im wanting to try cloth nappies but i have no idea where to start/what to get.

any recomendations ladies?

see........ i've always been intrigued with the cloth nappies.....

how do they work out cost wise, and how do you clean them etc???
arent they much more expensive because of the cleaning involved or am i totally wrong here?

The initial outlay can be costly, but cheaper in the long run. I worked out that we had used about 300 nappies in the first 7wks!! I was curious, and decided to give it a go when my friend got all hers. You can get cheap ones or pay more fore the super cute ones. Cleaning wise, you bung em in the washing machine on a 40, use no fabric conditioner & a 1/4 dose of washing powder/liquid then let them dry. If you want to be even more environment friendly (& thrifty) you can use 'soapnuts' instead of detergent(www.inasoapnutshell.com). I spent about £70 on the ones I ordered, but I am claiming £30 of that back from the government. I will deff need to order more to see me through a few days, but want to see how these brands work first. You can buy pre loved ones in the Natural Parenting section or off Cloth Nappy Tree if you want to try a few out as not all nappies fit all babies well. I am also saving money by not bothering with a special 'nappy bin', just going to get a cheap tub with lid from wilkos or somewhere, and still going to use nappy bags for the dirty ones when out instead of paying for a special nappy bag.Have a look at this site, it explains it all quite well with the different types of fluff etc.

https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/nappy_info-comparison-chart.html

Also, speak to the girls in natural parenting, I still find it all a bit confusing :rofl:.

im wanting to try cloth nappies but i have no idea where to start/what to get.

any recomendations ladies?

https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/nappy_info-comparison-chart.html

take a look here, it explains the different types quite well, and speak to the girls in natural parenting, they are more clued up than me:haha:. I spoke to my friend & read what people liked & didnt like and went from there.

Also see what I wrote to Lana

Basically you can get 'all in ones', which are just like disposables, only u wash em lol
'pocket nappies' where you add the inserts to suit your babys toilet habbits
I have ordered Itti Bitti Snap Ins which I can just replace the insert in if the outer stays dry & the same with the Flips.

x

We use 'pocket nappies', I add in the inserts so the nappies are ready to use, like a disposable. Pockets have been good for us as Noah is a heavy wetter so I can layer up the inserts as needed.

We didnt go mad to start with cost wise - theres a baby shop on ebay where I got the lidded bucket and a pack of mesh bags and a wet bag (for storing soggy nappies in before the wash) which were about £7 and £9.

We also got a set of the 'bumgenious' style pocket nappies from ebay - the naughty baby brand ones, they dont work for some people but have been great for us. A set of 18 plus postage was about £75!! The more they are washed, the more absorbant nappies become.

Since then I have brought other cute ones :blush:

I dont have specific night time nappies, just boost up the ones we have with bamboo boosters (little lamb on ebay do a pack of 10 for £12)

Our local authority dont do an incentive scheme but many do where you get cash back for buying cloth nappies :thumbup:

I have just brought some fab jungle animals fleece fabric and am going to make some reusable fleece liners and washable wipes to add to our 'green ness' :yipee:

I think il have to have a proper look on ebay.

Though i was searching online and came across this. Do you think its a good idea?

https://www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk/acatalog/info_12151.html

I tried the cloth nappies with tia, tots bots, but I couldn't get any of her clothes to fit over them......she was this tiny baby with a HUGE butt :haha:

I think trial bundles are a good idea as you can see whats going to suit your little ones nappy needs best and what style you prefer.

For me something as easy as possible was best, hence the birth to potty, pocket nappies, I can adjust the size as he grows and dont need any extras like wraps etc as its absorbent and waterproof all in one. DH has mastered them -so they must be easy!!

In the natural parenting section, theres a cloth nappy review thread which I found really helpful reading others experiences of all sorts of types of cloth

We also got a set of the 'bumgenious' style pocket nappies from ebay - the naughty baby brand ones, they dont work for some people but have been great for us. A set of 18 plus postage was about £75!! The more they are washed, the more absorbant nappies become.

I dont have specific night time nappies, just boost up the ones we have with bamboo boosters (little lamb on ebay do a pack of 10 for £12)

I have just brought some fab jungle animals fleece fabric and am going to make some reusable fleece liners and washable wipes to add to our 'green ness' :yipee:

Oooh, i have seen the Naughty baby ones, they seem good value, its nice to hear from someone who has used them. I have just bought a preloved Coolababy one from here which is similar, hope it works for me.

Is little lamb the name of the shop on ebay that do the inserts?? Also, I have ordered Flips with the staydry inserts, do you think I could boost these for a night with the bamboo?? I am so new to this, and cant wait to get my first order through the door :happydance:

Love the idea of making your own fleece liners, I was going to do the same lol. I know you can get them on ebay but it works out cheaper to do your own & how hard can it be really to cut them out:haha:.

Bamboo boosters - they have size 1 and 2 in their shop. i brought size 2 for our birth to potty nappies, Noah needs lots of absorbency!! As far as Im aware you can add boosters to most nappies...
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10x-Little-Lamb-Bamboo-Nighttime-Nappy-Boosters-Size-2-/280452992602?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Baby_Baby_Changing_Nappies_LE&hash=item414c4d0e5a

I have honestly found the naughty baby ones to be really good - a few leaks at first when I was working out the right fit on him and the best way to put the inserts in, but now they are fab and they hold in his big poo explosions :wacko: the colours are really bright, they wash well and dry quick :thumbup:

Sorry for hijacking Love Bugs with all this nappy talk.... :blush: I know theres a seperate forum for it :dohh:

Nono in jungle animals..
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/shearsby/Baby%20Shearsby-Simpson/SN851827.jpg

Nono in a furry moo cow...
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/shearsby/Baby%20Shearsby-Simpson/SN851833.jpg

100% self indulgent moment here :cloud9:

Sorry heheheee

well i went on cloth nappy tree forum and am being sent 2 lolipop micro nappies to start me off and to see how i get on with.

That place is great for preloved nappies as im sure most of you clothies know :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->