• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~*~Feb Lovebugs Baby Club :)~*~

Only had 1 fluffy on Tahlia so far as shes had a tummy bug. Normally she goes for a poo once a day if I'm lucky, but she was going about 4 times so they are washed & waiting to be worn. I put a cheepo Coolababy on her yesterday afternoon, and guess what - Poo!! lil tinker. She was weighed today, 13lb5oz :happydance:

Thomas is playing up the last few days too, he is BF and sometimes he hardly feeds, visiting the HV today for 3 month check up, he was awake 4 times last night and we are like zombies.

Got the Bum Genius Nappies and he is wearing one at the moment!

Ooh let me know how the bum genius goes. I have to wash mine and then I can put one on Max. Got a pack of 5 for £57 at Mothercare yesterday. Can't wait to start using them!

Max went asleep very early last night, slept from 7pm to 4.30am and then back to bed at 4.50am and up again at 7.20am. He is a little treasure. Am hoping it will continue tonight as that will be the 3rd night in a row that he has done a 8 hour stretch. Fingers crossed anyway :)

Only had 1 fluffy on Tahlia so far as shes had a tummy bug. Normally she goes for a poo once a day if I'm lucky, but she was going about 4 times so they are washed & waiting to be worn. I put a cheepo Coolababy on her yesterday afternoon, and guess what - Poo!! lil tinker. She was weighed today, 13lb5oz :happydance:

Well done on the weight gain Tahlia :) She is obviously thriving on your milk!

I can't wait to start the cloth nappies on Max and see how they go. How many do you reckon we need? I won't use them when we are out and also when we are on holidays.

Thomas is playing up the last few days too, he is BF and sometimes he hardly feeds, visiting the HV today for 3 month check up, he was awake 4 times last night and we are like zombies.

Ooh let me know how the bum genius goes. I have to wash mine and then I can put one on Max. Got a pack of 5 for £57 at Mothercare yesterday. Can't wait to start using them!

Max went asleep very early last night, slept from 7pm to 4.30am and then back to bed at 4.50am and up again at 7.20am. He is a little treasure. Am hoping it will continue tonight as that will be the 3rd night in a row that he has done a 8 hour stretch. Fingers crossed anyway :)

Lucky you that was cheaper than mine from Baba me, ah well, I got 5 for 76 sterling and i won 10 more on ebay for 112 sterling, I was told 15 was enough by a friend who uses them. Used 2 ealier today and he is in bed now since 7 and has one on with the newborn filler in as well as the other one so lets see how that goes and will let you know.
He had his 3 month review today, he is 63cm, 15.5 lb and is on the 91st centile now (was on 75th always before), she was very happy with him and my feeding. The only thing she said was the naps on EASY is fine but not to dictate the feeds! So he fed at 7.15 briefly and then at 10.30 and then not until 3.30 which she said was fine, then briefly for 15 mins at 6.45, woke an hour later and fed for 30 mins, so instead of waking for a dream feed to let him wake up properly and want a feed, so we will see how that goes!!!
:happydance:

I think we need to change the title of this thread to feblovebug fluffy bums! lol
With all your chat I went investigating real nappy schemes and turns out my council have a scheme and offer a 2weeks free trial of nappies so i'll enquired about it to get a free trial and see if its for me!

Lucky you that was cheaper than mine from Baba me, ah well, I got 5 for 76 sterling and i won 10 more on ebay for 112 sterling, I was told 15 was enough by a friend who uses them. Used 2 ealier today and he is in bed now since 7 and has one on with the newborn filler in as well as the other one so lets see how that goes and will let you know.
He had his 3 month review today, he is 63cm, 15.5 lb and is on the 91st centile now (was on 75th always before), she was very happy with him and my feeding. The only thing she said was the naps on EASY is fine but not to dictate the feeds! So he fed at 7.15 briefly and then at 10.30 and then not until 3.30 which she said was fine, then briefly for 15 mins at 6.45, woke an hour later and fed for 30 mins, so instead of waking for a dream feed to let him wake up properly and want a feed, so we will see how that goes!!!
:happydance:

Will be interesting to see how you go with them!

Wow, Thomas is a fine size, you must be thrilled with him :) I am bringing Max for his jags tomorrow and am dreading it :(

well my OH insisted on putting a disposable one on him at 1am even though he was not particularly wet, really think these are good nappies, he used 3 reusuable yesterday and 1 disposable so reckon the 15 might do, but as the supplier is only 1/2 hour from here, I can always go and get more if I need to!
He woke at 1 am sofed him then and then he woke at 3 and Ifed him then and then he took 6oz bottle for Daddy at 5.15 and back to sleep within an hour, slept till 8.20 and fed at 9.15 so not too bad.

Gill, lucky you with the scheme!

well my OH insisted on putting a disposable one on him at 1am even though he was not particularly wet, really think these are good nappies, he used 3 reusuable yesterday and 1 disposable so reckon the 15 might do, but as the supplier is only 1/2 hour from here, I can always go and get more if I need to!
He woke at 1 am sofed him then and then he woke at 3 and Ifed him then and then he took 6oz bottle for Daddy at 5.15 and back to sleep within an hour, slept till 8.20 and fed at 9.15 so not too bad.

Gill, lucky you with the scheme!

Hey Pixie,

sounds like they are working well then. Can't wait to try mine out. Have the jags at 12.10.How was Thomas with his?

Thomas has onlyhad his 2 mmonth jabs and was as cranky afterwards, poor mite. waiting for the BCG appt still, next jabs are in June! Not looking forward to them but at least I can take him swimming once he has had his BCG..

Hi Everyone

DH did eventually make it back from afghan :thumbup:

I took Noah to meet my work colleaugues yesterday and he woo'd them all with his cuteness and fluffybum!!

2banana's - hope xander is getting better

gills - well done on your 'achievement' heheee things with my DH are abit hit and miss at the moment, I went back on the pill but keep randomly bleeding - very annoyed with things :growlmad:

So nice to hear about all the LoveBugs Fluff Bums!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thomas has onlyhad his 2 mmonth jabs and was as cranky afterwards, poor mite. waiting for the BCG appt still, next jabs are in June! Not looking forward to them but at least I can take him swimming once he has had his BCG..

Hi Pixie,

Max just cried for about 30 secs and has been very sleepy since. I had to give him some calpol because his teeth were at him and he couldn't take his bottle.

Lana - hope Xander is feeling better

Jabs - eeek, got Tahlias 2nd lot in a few weeks, I hate them sooo much.

Gills - good luck with the nappie scheme, our council either gave you a trial or £30 cash back for your own, so I ordered & am waiting for my claim back. Try Cloth Nappy Tree for cheap / FFP nappies for your home made pads :thumbup:

Rach - So glad DH got back at last. I loved your home made wipes, they looked great. I want some girly ones making, looks like its a viable lil business venture for those talented enough.

LeeLee - number of cloth really depends on how often you need to change Max & also a biggy is how often you want to do a wash. Some girls only do a wash every 3 days so have more than somebody who does it every 2 days. You have to take into account that you need enough left on wash day to see you through to when the dirty ones are washed & dry to use again. I dont have a lot just now, cant afford it so going to build up slowly. I have 3 ittys, 2 BG flips with x 4 extra inserts (so could be 6 nappies) bought new, 1 Bumhugger for nights with a pretty wrap, just ordered 2 WNNN & a Tots Bots Stretchy (also for nights) off a lady on here, waiting for a preloved pretty Fuzzibunz from Cloth Nappy Tree & have 3 cheepo pre-loveds that I'll get rid of as soon as I can afford to replace with nice ones. I am quickly becomming addicted to looking for nice nappys :rofl:

Hope everyone else is well x

Hi Pixie,

Max just cried for about 30 secs and has been very sleepy since. I had to give him some calpol because his teeth were at him and he couldn't take his bottle.

That wasnt too bad, just wondering how Thomas will do second time round. His routine has now changed and am not following the 3 hour easy more like 4 hour easy and hours are slightly different to what baby whisperer says but the premise of routine is the same..

LeeLee - number of cloth really depends on how often you need to change Max & also a biggy is how often you want to do a wash. Some girls only do a wash every 3 days so have more than somebody who does it every 2 days. You have to take into account that you need enough left on wash day to see you through to when the dirty ones are washed & dry to use again. I dont have a lot just now, cant afford it so going to build up slowly. I have 3 ittys, 2 BG flips with x 4 extra inserts (so could be 6 nappies) bought new, 1 Bumhugger for nights with a pretty wrap, just ordered 2 WNNN & a Tots Bots Stretchy (also for nights) off a lady on here, waiting for a preloved pretty Fuzzibunz from Cloth Nappy Tree & have 3 cheepo pre-loveds that I'll get rid of as soon as I can afford to replace with nice ones. I am quickly becomming addicted to looking for nice nappys :rofl:

I have more than I probably need but feel safer this way... Noah likes to poo just as I have put a nice clean nappy on, which means extra changes in the day - he's a little tinker!!

Hey everyone sorry I've not been on in a while.

James is teething which is very hard work. He's taken to chewing my nipple for relief. Ow!

Rach glad your OH made it home I'm the end, one of my friends husbands was in the same situation, I felt so bad for her, even one extra day feels like hell doesn't it.

Pixie- in bf and one of your bad nights sounds like a good night to me lol. James did start doing 3-4 hrs twice at night but bk to every 2 now. Grrr it really gets me down the lack of sleep.

James had his second set of jabs last Friday and screamed like anything, but was fine after just very sleepy for 24 hours.

Well done Gill glad you've got over that hurdle!

Hello to everyone else Xx

Thomas is being christened tomorrow and so we have been mad busy, my two sisters and my mum have done lots of baking for us which is brilliant, have about 30 people coming to the party after the ceremony.

I am having real problems trying to get Oliver to take his morning bottle! He will fuss and then only take 4oz. Im wondering if my OH waking him at 5am to feed him is making him full? But then he would have dropped his amount of feeds down to 4 in 24 hours.

Why not leave him and not wake him for the 5 am feed, he might sleep an extra hour or two, they do change their routine as they get bigger, Thomas now varies between 3 and 4 hours and he is in bed by 6.30 most nights now.

Well we didnt wake him last night and he woke up at half 6. But now im worried that his not getting enough milk through out the day lol. His taking 4x7oz as we give him 5 bottles and he leaves 3oz in one and 4oz in another so he is leaving a whole bottle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->