February 2010 Love Bugs :)

Oh yes thanks Hayley! i never thought of it like that :cloud9:

Lol Oooh 2 more days then I can 'offically'!

leelee, I so know what you mean! I find myself peeking in to the 2nd trimester threads, but I just keep quite :blush: lol
We can move over together on Wed! Yay :D

xxxx

jeez 14 weeks 1 day, howd that happen?! :lol:

Oh yes thanks Hayley! i never thought of it like that :cloud9:

Lol Oooh 2 more days then I can 'offically'!

leelee, I so know what you mean! I find myself peeking in to the 2nd trimester threads, but I just keep quite :blush: lol
We can move over together on Wed! Yay :D

xxxx

Yeah, I have contributed to a few threads but a lot of people seem to be about 20 weeks and are feeling the babies. It's exciting stuff though. Can't wait til Wednesday :winkwink:

Yay me too- and you will have moved up a box! :D

Oooh samzi! wheres the time going??!

I must admit- i feel like I have been 13 weeks + ? days for ages! lol xxx

i hope the next 3 weeks fly by so its my mw time again. then scan 3 weeks later. still waiting for my letter re the date though!!

What are you most looking forward to when you have just had the baby?

Mine is defintly holding baby in my arms- I know I will cry, im a winger lol, but I know il be holding baby and have 2 feelings-

1- relief baby is finally in my arms
2- not believeing that this beautiful baby is really mine.

I must be feeling so hormonal because the thought of even holding my own baby makes me want to cry :blush: lol

And loosing Angel has made me realise that I will be happy and so greatful to whoever is up there and to my body for letting me have this beautiful baby :cloud9:
And then as mum says- you wont stop worrying until, well you never do lol

xxx

god im soooo angry :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad: we move to a nice quiet village thinking it would be safe and so far we got our solar lights, flymo strimmer and bike stolen then last night OH's car got its tyre slashed, windscreen cracked and a deep scratch right through the paint work!! im so angry and upset thought this was a nice place to bring up kids obviously not! x

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Nursery/Cots-and-Cotbeds/Sleigh-Cotbed-Dark-Oak-Finish(0014248)

If we get our house we are going for this is the cot i'm getting for the nursery..it's gorgeous

I'll feel so relieved that he/she is finally here and the fact that he/she is really mine xx

[IMG]https://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac120/scotchchick22/8609753283016256.jpg[/IMG]

Link wasn't working xx

mummysuzie that is Lovely :cloud9: really beautiful :)

random- oh gosh hun, sorry to hear that, not good at all :growlmad:

we are getting the i love my bear one in the same colour mummysuzie i like yours aswell tho oh decided on the cot xx

I'm not sure how I'll feel when this one arrives, hopefully all being well. I guess it will be a bit of everything. I know I will cry and attach the breathing monitor to it straight away, I already feel sorry for my baby I will be OTT with everything...Im a worrier anyway but I'm going to be even worse when this baby comes xxx

Hayley, that is totally understandable hun :hugs: although im sure baby will be fine with a brother like Alex looking over him/ her :)

Im also getting the breathing monitor, mum said she would of got one too, but when my sisters were younger she said they were so expencive, around the £300/400 mark!
I did see one in the sale at babies r us though.

xxx

Even though I am wanting to get the breathing moniter, realistically I have no idea what to do to help baby, if baby did stop breathing.
That has made me think about taking a first aid course? :shrug:

xxx

Try "cardiac first response " I did it last year , and it covers infant resuscitation , maybe that could put your mind at ease .

The monitor I will be using is on the CONI scheme you attatch a sticky pad to the baby which is attached to a small monitor that is portable and it bleeps every 10 seconds and alarms if the baby stops breathing. Apparently some people need weaning off it, I will be one of those, can only have it for 6 month cause by then baby can pull it off :(

I think should be in bounty packs,how to resuscitate a baby. I hadnt a clue and had to follow the operators instructions. Just remember check airway. and 2 breaths to 30 fast pushes with one finger under the v of there ribs. Obviously its a blur if you have to do it, but remember 2/30, I just wish I had known, that minute could have helped if only I'd had know :cry:

On a brighter note I love that cot :rofl: we never had one for Alex but I want one from the begining with this one, Alex had a crib and moses! xxx

Really? Tbh I am a bit of a :fool: and didnt realise how they worked :blush: I just assummed it monitered babys breathing by the breaths :blush: what a banana lol.

Hayley :hugs: :hugs:
I dont want to sound insenstitive here as I havent looked in to SIDs but is it something that the baby is 'born' with, but cant go detected? Or is there no such reason for it at all? Im sorry if I sound ignorant :hugs:

My friend has kindly offered to buy our moses basket! :cloud9: it was so sweet of her :D
Cant wait to have a baby shower...Is anyone else having one?

xxx

Really? Tbh I am a bit of a :fool: and didnt realise how they worked :blush: I just assummed it monitered babys breathing by the breaths :blush: what a banana lol.

Hayley :hugs: :hugs:
I dont want to sound insenstitive here as I havent looked in to SIDs but is it something that the baby is 'born' with, but cant go detected? Or is there no such reason for it at all? Im sorry if I sound ignorant :hugs:

My friend has kindly offered to buy our moses basket! :cloud9: it was so sweet of her :D
Cant wait to have a baby shower...Is anyone else having one?

xxx

The normal ones you buy go in the cot or crib and detect movement and some breathing too.

SIDS is Sudden Infant Death Syndrom aka Cot Death. Basically its when a baby dies unexpectidly, and has to have a post mortem. Sometimes they can find a cause of death, sometimes Strep B or pneumonia sometimes other infections are detected which can go down on the babys death certificate, in cases like Alex's no cause of death is found and is recorded as SIDS. They dont really know why babies die, it just happens, they say things that can prevent it but they dont really know, I'm still going to follow the guidelines or I will feel guilty but tbh they just dont know :(

:rofl: I just read that as a 'shower' not 'baby shower' :rofl: I didnt have one with Alex, I felt cheeky plus I'd already got enough stuff for 10 newborns, and still got more lovely clothes in newborn once I'd had him lol. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->