February 2012 Testers (164)... 39 BFPs! 6 Angels.. Find a TTC/Bump Buddy Here...

Af came yesterday, onto the march thread. GL everyone

AF came yesterday too, on to march

Mine came today :cry:

Oh I'm so sorry Haj :( I was really hoping this would be it for you.

What did the doctors say when you saw them the other day?

They sending me for a bunch of bloods but they think IVF may end up being our only option. So now its just a waiting game till the doctor gets all the blood tests back and we make a game plan. He wants off to take off this month from ttc.

:hugs: so very sorry that AF has flown in on you, SHOLI, PINKLOVE22, and HAJ624I hope that you will join us again in the March/April threads! Where I am sure you will see dark pink BFP lines!:dust:

AFM... Start testing today, this afternoon, it is giving me a renewed sense of hope. Reading all of your messages and the support from DW has been very helpful. Eventhough I teared up reading some, it still felt good to know that you all were thinking of me. I have written in my journal so stop by for more as I want to do all I can to keep the testing threads positive! I hope everyone has some lovely plans for the weekend, i.e. :sex::test::bfp:!!!!

*First Page Updated*

Well, AF arrived a couple days ago. :( Would have posted sooner, but been too depressed about it to even open up BnB. Three cycles down, how many to go? I know three cycles is only four months, but I was really hoping it would happen quick. All the women in the previous generation of my family were all the "only one month" type and have a way of talking about how easy it was for them all the time. Apparently I didn't inherit the genes/luck.

Well, AF arrived a couple days ago. :( Would have posted sooner, but been too depressed about it to even open up BnB. Three cycles down, how many to go? I know three cycles is only four months, but I was really hoping it would happen quick. All the women in the previous generation of my family were all the "only one month" type and have a way of talking about how easy it was for them all the time. Apparently I didn't inherit the genes/luck.

Pink - don't compare yourself to your family or feel bad :) I think so much of it is luck!

I got lucky on my first cycle trying, but I didn't do anything different or make it happen anymore than everyone else here. I just got lucky.

You're time will come soon and once you have your baby you won't have wanted it other way :)

Thanks Ginny.

OH and I were worried about it anyway, so he went in for semen analysis today and results were not so great. Apparently his semen has a "high viscosity" meaning the sperm have a difficult time freeing themselves from it. His sperm count is really good, but from what the doc said, it doesn't matter how high the sperm count is if the sperm can't make it out of the semen. :/ He also had a poor "swim-up" test (still trying to figure out what that means) and also a larger number of his sperm died quickly than they would normally want to see.

We're going to try a few more cycles naturally, but with DH drinking extra water and taking either robitussin or mucinex. I also heard citrus fruit (maybe because of vitamin C?) may help, so we're adding oranges and grapefruit as well.

Hopefully well see positive results, but the folks at the fertility clinic said not to get our hopes up. :cry: I've been a big ball of tears all night.

Thanks Ginny.

OH and I were worried about it anyway, so he went in for semen analysis today and results were not so great. Apparently his semen has a "high viscosity" meaning the sperm have a difficult time freeing themselves from it. His sperm count is really good, but from what the doc said, it doesn't matter how high the sperm count is if the sperm can't make it out of the semen. :/ He also had a poor "swim-up" test (still trying to figure out what that means) and also a larger number of his sperm died quickly than they would normally want to see.

We're going to try a few more cycles naturally, but with DH drinking extra water and taking either robitussin or mucinex. I also heard citrus fruit (maybe because of vitamin C?) may help, so we're adding oranges and grapefruit as well.

Hopefully well see positive results, but the folks at the fertility clinic said not to get our hopes up. :cry: I've been a big ball of tears all night.

I hope it still works out naturally for you :) At least you have a starting point now and you'll get help if you need it.

What did the fertility clinic say the next step was? Another test after a few more cycles?

Currently they're saying that he needs to go back in next cycle for a follow-up test to see if maybe things will improve naturally. In the mean time, DH is going to try to up his water intake and start on supplements/mucinex. He is going to stop the mucinex once I ovulate so that the follow-up test is not swayed by the meds, only the healthy water consumption and supplements (as we don't want to add too many things per test). If he still has poor results, he will start up on the mucinex again and have another test done shortly after my next ovulation to see if the mucinex is doing anything.

The clinic is recommending that if we have not gotten pregnant after cycle 6 (we're on cycle 4 now), that we should do up to 3 cycles of IUI, and if that does not work then they will start the (more expensive) testing to see if there is something wrong on my side as well. If there is, then (depending on what's wrong) we would either try to fix it my issue and do another 3 rounds of IUI, or go on to IVF. If there is nothing wrong on my end, then it is up to DH and me to figure out if we'd rather keep trying with IUI (which is much less expensive, so I figure it might be the better idea) or move on to IVF.

Hopefully, we won't have to go through all that and the mucinex and water will do the job. I was talking to a girl over on the Long Term TTC board whose husband has the same issues as mine, and the vitamins/mucinex combo worked for them the first cycle they tried it after 8 previous failed cycles- so maybe DH and I will have the same luck? I sure hope so.

And you are right! It is good to have a starting point. I'm not happy about the news, but I'd rather get it at the beginning of cycle 4 than after a year of failed TTC. At least we know what's wrong and can take the steps to try and fix it.

PS: Congrats on your BFP! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->