February 2013 babies

I don't want to know. It is my first so I really don't mind either way and would like the surprise. My dh on the other hand is desperate to know so he can raid the shops for pink/blue clothes!!

NT scan went well today, yay!
Baby wouldn't co-operate and refused to move for ages despite lots of prodding from the lady doing the US. It just held its hands over its face and rolled over in protest,lol. On the plus side we got a long time to watch our little bean. He/She eventually moved over into a good position and everything looks good. Just waiting for blood results now.
Have a due date of 14/2/13-Valentines!
DH has taken pics to show everyone at work, he's so excited.
Looking a the pics and going by the skull/ nub theory it looks like a girl. We shall see..........

Hope everyone is well x

Congrats on the good scan :) your LO was acting like my sons when I try to get them up for school :rofl:
What is the skull/nub theory? I have seen people posting this but have no idea what it means. By the time I get another scan LO will be mature enough to see a peanut or no peanut :haha: (or Almond Joy/Mounds :haha:)

Hello all! My scan went well but baby being a hooligan and wouldn't sit the right way! Was upside down, back to front etc. they sent me off to do a much needed wee to see if that helped and they finally got a NT measurement. Will scan and post pic soon. It is measuring a week ahead so my new DD is 30 January but am sticking with my Feb girls!
Have manAged omstop one of my meds and am now trying o stop other but feel really sick. Hope imam just tired as I drove 150 miles yesterday, went o bed late and then got woken up really early!
Glad to hear you are all well!
C

I was wondering how it went for you Loompylooloo. Glad to hear all is well.

Glad to hear scans have gone well :) I finally have a date through for mine - this Thursday at 1pm. I'm really looking forward to it!

Baby wouldn't co-operate and refused to move for ages despite lots of prodding from the lady doing the US. It just held its hands over its face and rolled over in protest,lol. On the plus side we got a long time to watch our little bean. He/She eventually moved over into a good position and everything looks good. Just waiting for blood results now.
Looking a the pics and going by the skull/ nub theory it looks like a girl. We shall see..........

Hope everyone is well x
I'm new here and hope it's okay to just jump in like this, but your experience sounds just like mine! I'm also due on Valentine's Day; which I just love! Our NT Screening was last Friday and tidbit did everything BUT what the tech wanted. She (the tech thinks it's a girl) jiggled around, sucked her thumb, and turned her rear to the monitor before settling down and giving us a shot.

Congrats on your little Valentine!

Hope everyone is well x
I'm new here and hope it's okay to just jump in like this, but your experience sounds just like mine! I'm also due on Valentine's Day; which I just love! Our NT Screening was last Friday and tidbit did everything BUT what the tech wanted. She (the tech thinks it's a girl) jiggled around, sucked her thumb, and turned her rear to the monitor before settling down and giving us a shot.

Congrats on your little Valentine!

Welcome, and congrats on your little Valentine too :)
My little Valentine probably won't show up on time, all of my others were late. Really wish (s)he'd just come on time...would love that as a gift!

Glad your scan went well Loompy and I really hope the sickness doesn't last too much longer. I'm feeling a lot better but I always feel funny after I eat. I'm still 5 pounds down but haven't lost anymore.

Good luck jjay for Thursday.

Perpetual, there are some links on here that can explain the skull/nub theory much better than I could without pictures! Your comment about about my bean acting like your sons made me laugh. I did joke with the lady doing the US that it was a boy because it was lazy but then the more it refused to move it reminded me of the stubbornness of the girls!

Welcome Shancherie and congrats on your Valentine!

I go for my IPS scan on Saturday... and I'm scared stiff :( Doesn't help that I have to go alone because hubby's working (and since we're not telling anyone 'til the following weekend, I can't exactly ask anyone else to go with me). I keep trying to tell myself that I've still got symptoms, so that's a good sign... but at the same time, I'm on progesterone support, so I can't really trust them, either. I just want to cry. I want to know that baby's ok.

Sorry. I'm a mess. I wish I could be the cool, calm, collected mum-to-be who just trusts that everything's fine until baby's big enough to make his/her presence known as reassurance. :(

I go for my IPS scan on Saturday... and I'm scared stiff :( Doesn't help that I have to go alone because hubby's working (and since we're not telling anyone 'til the following weekend, I can't exactly ask anyone else to go with me). I keep trying to tell myself that I've still got symptoms, so that's a good sign... but at the same time, I'm on progesterone support, so I can't really trust them, either. I just want to cry. I want to know that baby's ok.

Sorry. I'm a mess. I wish I could be the cool, calm, collected mum-to-be who just trusts that everything's fine until baby's big enough to make his/her presence known as reassurance. :(

:hugs: I know exactly how you're feeling. I've got to wait til next Thursday to find out and it's driving me bonkers!! It's the not knowing that is the worst. I'm also trying to be reassured that I've still got symptoms - like being sick while brushing my teeth this morning :wacko: Like I said to my husband tonight it's easy to be positive on the surface but deep down I'm worried sick about next week.

Fingers crossed our babies are healthy little bouncy bundles at our scans, I'm praying for lots of positive karma :flower:

If I didn't have my doppler to check on the little one every day I would be a wreck too. I don't get a 12 week scan, only a 20 week one. Long time to wait for me. Hang in there Darklady :hugs: praying for a bouncy bean for you :)

:hugs: I know exactly how you're feeling. I've got to wait til next Thursday to find out and it's driving me bonkers!! It's the not knowing that is the worst. I'm also trying to be reassured that I've still got symptoms - like being sick while brushing my teeth this morning :wacko: Like I said to my husband tonight it's easy to be positive on the surface but deep down I'm worried sick about next week.

Fingers crossed our babies are healthy little bouncy bundles at our scans, I'm praying for lots of positive karma :flower:

Praying for you too!! Lets keep that good karma flowing! :hugs:

I told my dad today! What a relief! He was blessedly (if not eerily) silent after I told him. I take that over the negative comments any time. I know I'll have to hear it eventually, but at least it wasn't today! I had no choice but to tell him because he wanted me to stain a deck Thursday using a product that is known to cause birth defects. Sorry, not gonna do it! So I said I couldn't becuase the stain can cause birth defects and he says "So? What's that got to do with you?" Wellll, because I'm having a baby in February...

Silence is better than negativity :thumbup:

I've no idea what kind of reaction we are going to get from family - at best it will be varied :wacko:

Dark lady and lulu- I have got everything crossed for you both.

Perpetual- it must be a relief him knowing. I'm not even a mum and a manager in work said its a disgrace that I will be back in work in 6months..... Will she pay my bloody bills???

I'm not sure if I can see a nub on my scan.

Thanks ladies... it helps to know I'm not alone in the terror LOL

I'm a bit nervous about telling our families... just because of our history (for each pregnancy so far... we tell the families... I lose the baby *sigh*)... and because I'm afraid Mom'll blurt out something horrible (like when I told her we were engaged and she responded by saying she was skeptical because "we've heard that before". eeesh. Filter, Mom... filter! LOL) But, if the scan goes well on Saturday, we'll be telling my family next Friday night (when we get together for a birthday dinner for hubby and I), and his family next Saturday (when we trek out to visit them).

Hi, Fingers crossed for you, I have had 2 mc's and am also on Progesterone supplements this time around, I don't have many symptoms other than feeling sick occasionally and sore breasts. I am 10 weeks and already had 3 scans, so far everything is fine!! Have another scan this Friday.
Good luck for Saturday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->