February 2013 babies

Shancherie... if it makes you feel any better, I know lots of gals who've had SCH in first tri... and only 1 who had a placental abrubtion in T3.

Wow Loompy, quick labours! I'm hoping this being my 4th I will get somewhere under 6 hours, here's hoping!

Got my NT blood results and am amazed my risk has dropped from 1-119 to
1-1341! Am thrilled.

Wow Bumpity, those are great numbers!!!

A short labor would be great, but this being my first, I'm not counting on it.

Great numbers bumpity!

It's my 1sy as well shanc so I'm in the same boat!!hoping for a quick labour but as my 90year old man helpfully said- my age goes against me as well because I have seized up ha ha!!!

I am only 11weeks 1 day but I look like i''m 6 months pregnant already, with my first I didn't start showing until much much later and even at 7 months I was only starting to buy maternity clothes.
I am not telling anyone until I have my scan next Thursday which is a whole week away, but with my breast size increased by 2 cup sizes and my stomach, feeling sick and feeling so so tired, I am sure people must already be guessing but not saying anything!!

Is anyone else showing already xx

That's great news bumpity!! :)

I fully expect that I'll get all the ammo I need for "I was in labour with you for 56 hours" stories when this kid grows up :haha: I figure if I prepare for a long stint of hell, anything less will be a bonus, even if we hit 36 hours ;)

I'm still in regular clothes but they are getting tight- don't think I will last in them much longer!

I've been out of my regular jeans for a couple weeks, but I can still generally wear my PMS stretchy pants. I think it is mostly bloating - I've never been so thirsty in all my life!!!

My work clothes are getting really, really tight! At home I've mainly been in leggings and nice stretchy clothes but I really need to get some new work clothes. But I need to get past my scan on Thursday to be reassured that everything is ok before I contemplate buying anything bigger. Daft I know but I still can't let myself relax until after Thursday morning.

I'm seriously thirsty as well- doesn't help with the restless nights needing to pee so much !

I am enormous and am wearing maternity clothes. I am 16w and look about 26w!

have not fit into my regular clothes since week 6 :cry: but I had some "regular clothes" that I stashed away last fall after I started to lose weight from my new way of eating and I can wear some of those because they are super low rise. Unfortunately I need to keep them closed with an elastic :haha: and my belly pops out over it. Those are the jeans, my shorts are long since put away and I have to wear maternity. I swear I look like I'm at least 5 months along. 6th baby to get this far so I imagine it is par for course,
Oh, quite pleased with the way my upper half has filled out :haha::haha: 41 year old boobs that have gone through over 10 years of nursing aren't the most attractive sight. This is the one symptom of pregnancy I like best (aside from the obvious bundle of joy and his/her movements).

I had the intrathecal. It's a shot in the same spot on the back where an epidural would go, but no catheter is left in. Like I mentioned things were going fast and the shot lasts 2 hours, which I knew would be long enough. It also works instantly vs the 30 min wait of the epidural. My sister had the epidural for both of her births because they were longer and thinks its the best thing ever. I'd have gone that route if my labor had been slower.
I don't believe in unnecessary pain when there's plenty of good options to avoid it.

is it just pain relief or does it numb the area? I never heard of it nor had it offered. Of course I haven't had a baby in almost 6 years and things change fast

It numbs the area from below the breasts to I guess somewhere on the upper thighs? Enough so you don't feel anything but pressure from the contractions, but you can still feel your legs just fine. It doesn't mess with your head at all which I like because I hate the idea of those drugs that just fuck with you so you don't care that you're still in pain because then the whole thing is fuzzy and you've no idea what's really going on. I was perfectly lucid and remember ever detail of my son's birth.

I don't know what actual drug I had but I ended up having a spinal, which sounds similar to what you had Seity. Not as limiting as an epidural but I couldn't feel anything on my lower half as I had forceps delivery. I remember when I was taken to theatre and my legs were put up in the stirrups, watching my leg being moved and looking at it thinking 'that's my leg, that's weird because I can't feel that'! Then being asked to push with my next contraction and thinking I have no idea when I'm contracting!!!

I have my scan tomorrow morning and I have to confess I'm almost in state of denial about it as I'm so scared that I'm going to told the same as I did back in February. I'm really hoping that I'm wrong but.. well just but :cry:

I don't know what actual drug I had but I ended up having a spinal, which sounds similar to what you had Seity. Not as limiting as an epidural but I couldn't feel anything on my lower half as I had forceps delivery. I remember when I was taken to theatre and my legs were put up in the stirrups, watching my leg being moved and looking at it thinking 'that's my leg, that's weird because I can't feel that'! Then being asked to push with my next contraction and thinking I have no idea when I'm contracting!!!

I have my scan tomorrow morning and I have to confess I'm almost in state of denial about it as I'm so scared that I'm going to told the same as I did back in February. I'm really hoping that I'm wrong but.. well just but :cry:

Praying for good news for you tomorrow. I will be anxiously awaiting your splendid news and scan pics! :hugs:

Those "big" jeans I mentioned above...no longer fit :cry: I'll be making due with the few random pairs I've got left over from my "to shrink into after DS (5) was born pile"...until I can find a way to keep the stupidly made maternity ones from dragging down my panties on their way down. :dohh: :nope:

Thanks ladies :) I'm very, very happy and relieved to say everything is great. Baby is measuring 12wk 3, so at little ahead of what I thought, which gives me a due date of Feb 25th.

I think I'm still in a state of shock, it doesn't seem real yet :dohh: I had so prepared myself for bad news that I really wasn't expecting any good news. I do have a scan picture but I'll need to it upload later, tried to take a photo with my phone & it was rubbish!

The midwives were really good and I've even got the date for my 20 week scan already - so roll on 9 October!!!

Hooray for lulu! So pleased for you and. Can't wait to see pic! Just checked out your blog. You are very talented!

Congrats Lulu on your scan. Can't wait to see a pic!

I have succumbed to my impatience and booked a private gender scan for the 1st of Sep! I will be 16 weeks. My DH is convinced its a boy whereas I am edging towards girl as the nub in the scan pic is flat in line to the back. We are taking the whole family so we can all find out together. I am so excited. I think my DH is hoping for a boy so his credit card doesn't get a bashing as have all the stuff I need for a boy from my DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->