• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2013 babies

:wave: Hi I'm Jo, 35 and due my second baby on the 10th February. I have an early scan booked for the 8th July and can't wait to see my little Pip :)

I've not heard you need to take extra vitamins so I'm just taking the same as last time; combined folic acid, omega 3 and multi vitamin x

Welcome and congratulations to the new ladies,

Loomplooloo, Sorry to hear you feel so rough. My sickness has got worse with each pregnancy so I'm dreading it. Just starting to feel a little sick on and off, but nothing bad, but I'm only 5 weeks so I know it's just around the corner!

Welcome JJay (and anyone else, if I missed you)
Looks like the 10th is a popular day!

I'm taking Materna, but topping up with 3000 mcg folic acid (partly because this was an unexpected pregnancy and I'm paranoid *laugh*... partly because my fertility clinic the first 3 were big on the "You MUST take PregVit5... otherwise you're not getting enough folic acid!")

I figure, it's a water soluble supplement... what my body decides it doesn't need I'll just pee out anyway (and lord knows I'm doing enough of THAT *laugh*). Unless I start having trouble with the iron in the Materna, I doubt I'll be looking for a scrip for PregVit this time. Taking a prenatal at bedtime and my thyroid meds in the morning is so much easier than trying to fit in 2 pills in the morning that should be taken on an empty stomach (the morning dose of the preg-vit and my thyroid meds) while simultaneously fighting nausea, you know? Drove me mental while I was trying to do it last time. (wake up, take thyroid meds, don't eat for an hour, then wait 2 more hours, take preg vit (at work, where they didn't know I was preggo), don't eat for at least another hour... ugh. Recipe for feeling like dirt... and then the worries if I puked of "did I manage to get enough of the med absorbed?")

All that to say, yes, I'm topping up my folic acid (since I don't eat nearly enough dark leafy green and my cereal and bread aren't "enriched" with it)... not quite to 5, but probably up to about 4.

And, is it just me, or is it too early to feel nauseous all the time? I thought this didn't start 'til about 6w?

Is anyone else having crazy dreams? I've had the craziest dreams the past few nights... like really just plain nutty *laugh*

Hi there. I'm new here and expecting my little one on 10 February. I'm 41, and this one was a complete surprise so I'm freaking out ever so slightly

Welcome Temmah! 41 here too and taken completely by surprise. I feel like I'm 16- absolutely terrified to tell my parents!

I'm taking regular women's daily multi-vitamin and additional Folic acid with DHA...plus I eat "Paleo" so my diet is only all meat, fruit, veggies, and nuts. I was shocked and relieved to see a lot of my daily favorites contain folic acid :)! Doc said iron only really comes in to play about mid pregnancy, and told me to watch my vitamin A intake (carrots being a favorite quick snack of mine) because too much is no good for the baby. I used to take fish oil tablets daily, but they say not intended for pregnant women. The DHA is a much lesser concentration and lists the same sources of fish. I wonder what the difference really is. Do they raise the sardines and anchovies on a farm specifically for the preggo vitamins?!

I'm surprised the doc was ok with a regular multi-vit. Usually they prefer you switch to a prenatal because the synthetic vit-A in a regular one is linked to birth defects if you have too much, but the vit-a in a prenatal is beta carotene and safe.
https://teratology.org/pubs/vitamina.htm
I practically lived on carrots in the first tri with my son. Carrots and peanuts!

Hi ladies mind if I join? I'm not sure how long I will be here? I have been lurking for the last week. My story I am 42 and got my BFP June 10th 7 cycles after my mmc at 12 weeks in Nov. This will be my 3rd but 1st with dh. I have been getting hcg tests all week and they are rising a bit slower than normal. The last 2 were 4 days apart and 307 to 723. That gives it just over a 3 day doubling period. Does anyone know of someone who had slow riding hcg and a normal pregnancy? I'm feeling quite worried. My edd is Feb.18. I hope I am still here!! Fx'd for everyone and baby dust to everyone!

Hi marathongirl,

Welcome to this thread.
Sorry I can't give advice on rising hcg levels as we don't get regularly tested for those in the uk. But good luck and I hope someone here can help!

Hi there. I'm new here and expecting my little one on 10 February. I'm 41, and this one was a complete surprise so I'm freaking out ever so slightly

Welcome Temmah! 41 here too and taken completely by surprise. I feel like I'm 16- absolutely terrified to tell my parents!

I know exactly how that feels - I haven't told my Dad yet because I just know he's going to have a fit! Haha

I hope everyone is doing well. I think the increased hunger is finally kicking in. I've been waiting for it to start and consider it a good sign that everything is going OK. It's my version of MS, I get hungry when my blood sugar starts to drop instead of nauseous. Fine by me :thumbup:

I know how you feel! I'm scared to tell my family too and I'm 39 years old for goodness sake! I have 2 daughters, ages 20 and 14 so I'm afraid my family will think I'm completely nuts for starting all over again. My husband and I also have a very strained relationship with his family so telling them is not going to go over well at all. To ad to that, they all know he had a vascetomy after his 2nd child with his first wife so they think he's not capable of having any more children so this will come as a complete shock to them. They don't know he had a vas reversal a year ago. We chose not to tell anyone in case it didn't work. No need to ruffle feathers unnecessarily. Good luck to you when you do tell your family!

Oops, my last post was meant in response to PerpetualMama being terrified to tell her parents. Forgot to include her original post with mine.

I've never had my beta's taken either, but I sure hope you'll be sticking around marathongirl! Would you like me to add you to the first post?

Seity,
I know what you're talking about with the hunger and drop in blood sugar. That's causing me problems at work between feeling like I might pass out to feeling like I'm going to get sick, I ate constantly and God forbid I go over an hour and a half without stuffing something down my throat, my stomach was audibly growling! It's that or huge burps...or like today when I had to escape to the customer's bathroom because thought I'd throw up in front of my dad! I swear I'm going to be as big as a house before this LO arrives...:munch:

I know how you feel! I'm scared to tell my family too and I'm 39 years old for goodness sake! I have 2 daughters, ages 20 and 14 so I'm afraid my family will think I'm completely nuts for starting all over again. My husband and I also have a very strained relationship with his family so telling them is not going to go over well at all. To ad to that, they all know he had a vascetomy after his 2nd child with his first wife so they think he's not capable of having any more children so this will come as a complete shock to them. They don't know he had a vas reversal a year ago. We chose not to tell anyone in case it didn't work. No need to ruffle feathers unnecessarily. Good luck to you when you do tell your family!

Casper:
Hahaha, that's as bad as me having to tell my first DH that we were pregnant 2 1/2 years AFTER I drove him in for a vasectomy myself. (I said, hey, honey? Did you ever go down and have your 'stuff' tested after the vasectomy? and he said No?? and I smiled and said well you should have! I didn't want him to have one in the first place) You can imagine the reaction of HIS famly! His brother said it probably wasn't DH's baby. And I laughed and said, I have 3 little ones under the age of 6, when the hell would I have time to mess around? Then she came out the spitting image of her daddy :)

I too have the hunger! I'm sitting here picking through a box of chocolates my friend brought over last night. I'm trying to motivate myself to get off the settee and go to the gym.....

Well, no hunger this morning. It's so frustrating. One day I'll have mild symptoms and I'll think, ok here we go everything's fine. Then, the next day I don't feel any different at all and I worry that my little jellybean has stopped developing and I won't know until I get my scan.

Seity I know how you feel. Although I started to get symptoms really early I have woken up today and my boobs are almost feeling normal and the frequent urination has stopped. Im only into my fifth week, this is when things are supposed to kick in. The only thing I've had is a couple of bouts of intense nausea. Have to try to remember that every pregnancy is different but am feeling slightly paranoid. Was never worried about anything in my previous pregnancies. I think it's my age and the fact I had a MC 3 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->