February 2013 Love Bugs

hey there, i just found outlast week im pregnant - im super nervous of telling my friends and family- and I was wondering when do you think is a good time to start tellingeveryone? I should be 4 wks in....

Hey Proverbs31gal, I read alot of ya'll stuff and get Lysa's devotions (I actually used to work for Art at CFA.) Are you here in Charlotte?? Congrats on baby! I'm going to tell my mom this weekend and wait another week to tell others. It's going to be hard to keep it quiet!!! :winkwink:

There's not really much point in a 6 week scan and I'm not sure the insurance would pay for it anyway. I'm just impatient.
I find it amusing that you have your doctors confirm your BFP's over there.
Here I just call my midwife and schedule the first appointment and they take my word for it that I got a BFP and know how far along I am.

My doctor sent me for a scan to date the pregnancy since my cycle was so crazy but I think it's normal to do that here in Ontario (Canada).

Have any of you ladies told anyone?? I just told my mum, sister and sis in law... Going to tell the rest later lol

Haven't told anyone YET! It's tough but I want to make it to 10 weeks (wish me luck)!

Im in canada too and I had that today and since im so early i do another dating one in 3 weeks and then another scan 3 weeks after that

How I got my bfp is strange and was wondering if any of you have encountered this happening.
DH and I took the month of May off of meds and iui and tried on our own. We did not think it would work because of my PCOS. Well by Monday 6/4 I was 3 days late so I called fs and they scheduled a beta:test: for Tuesday. Well when I received the results my beta level was .5
:bfn:. So I took the blood test at face value and started planning my June iui. By Thursday my breast were so sore I wanted nothing more when I got home then to take off my bra. Friday (6/8) morning I said the heck with it and I whipped out an ept. To my complete surprise and disbelief it was positive I whipped out the digital and :bfp:. I called fs and they scheduled a beta for that morning. Looking back I think they thought I was nuts but did the beta anyway. When the nurse called she could not believe it my beta came back at 37.2. She scheduled another beta for the following Monday (6/11) and the results were 170.3.
I have heard of negative hpts and a positive beta but I have never heard of a negative beta then a positive just a couple days apart.:shrug:

Sounds like you probably oved and implanted late. Congrats on your BFP :D x x x

Well when I got home from work today I had some brown spotting... :( I am so scared. AF I think would've been due today or tomorrow. Im 'about' 4 weeks. I took another HPT tonight and its even darker and I did not even hold my pee...I drank a bottle of water and tested about 20 mins later and still darker. I'm not sure what to think but I am so very nervous...

as its brown its old, so it could be that your implantation bleed took a while to come out? Stay positive hun! x x x

Well when I got home from work today I had some brown spotting... :( I am so scared. AF I think would've been due today or tomorrow. Im 'about' 4 weeks. I took another HPT tonight and its even darker and I did not even hold my pee...I drank a bottle of water and tested about 20 mins later and still darker. I'm not sure what to think but I am so very nervous...

:hugs: from what I was told about 30% of women have some sort of spotting in their first trimester and it is not harmful to the baby. Everything is probably fine but it never hurts to call your ob to see what they think.

It's also not unusual to get a bit of spotting around the time you might normally get your period. I had a bit of pink tinged CM at 15 dpo, but nothing since. Unless it turned red or you had severe cramps, I'd ignore it.

Have any of you ladies told anyone?? I just told my mum, sister and sis in law... Going to tell the rest later lol

I have told both mine and dh's moms, my dad, sister inlaw and my two best friends. Main reason being I did not tell them last time until after the mc. I felt kinda awful that they did not get the joyful part but did get the sorrowful part.

Oh I understand, I wanted to wait till 12 weeks but then was wondering 'why'? So just told them now, I guess if something does go wrong atleast I'll have their support..

I have told both mine and dh's moms, my dad, sister inlaw and my two best friends. Main reason being I did not tell them last time until after the mc. I felt kinda awful that they did not get the joyful part but did get the sorrowful part.

Oh I understand, I wanted to wait till 12 weeks but then was wondering 'why'? So just told them now, I guess if something does go wrong atleast I'll have their support..

I agree... it was awful going through it nearly alone last time. They all would have been so supportive but of course they did not know until sometime after it happened. I guess I have told the people that are my greatest support system but I still can't wait to tell everyone else. If my estimated due date sticks I will be able to tell everyone July 28 which is the weekend of my birthday. :dance:

I agree... it was awful going through it nearly alone last time. They all would have been so supportive but of course they did not know until sometime after it happened. I guess I have told the people that are my greatest support system but I still can't wait to tell everyone else. If my estimated due date sticks I will be able to tell everyone July 28 which is the weekend of my birthday. :dance:

I'll tell some close family after my 8 week scan, but I also want to wait till after 12 weeks to tell the world, which also happens to be on my birthday July 30!

I'll tell some close family after my 8 week scan, but I also want to wait till after 12 weeks to tell the world, which also happens to be on my birthday July 30!

That's awesome. I have to say I have never been so excited for my birthday to come!!!
Wishing you a happy healthy nine months!

due 2/22/13 with my first 7 days before my 30th bday!!!! what a great gift!!!

I had brown spotting the day before Af and I'm still pregnant!
I had an emergency scan yesterday due to worrying brown spotting again.... I saw a little dot and a lovely heartbeat! :) they dated me at about 6 ish weeks, which I what I thought. So brown spotting can still have a positive outcome :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->