February 2013 Love Bugs

My m/s is starting to get a bit better. I have meds I can take but they make me so tired. DH keeps saying whats the difference if Im in bed because I'm sick or because I'm sleeping? At least if Im just sleeping I feel better LOL

I sure hope though that feeling a bit better for three days in a row means the M/S is just about finished. I have vacation that we have been planning for about 6 months in 2 weeks! It isnt a BIG vacation but we are going with sister and brother in law to a bed and breakfast. It should be alot of fun!

We already have the baby name picked if it;s a girl. But we are at a lose for a boy. I always tell everyone though. I don't keep secrets very well LOL With my first though my ex's mom was really rude and said the name sounded like a stripper's name. My daughters name is Felicity. She is just a mean hateful lady though, so I took it with a grain of salt. I also have a william and a Amelia (after Doctor who "Amelia Pond" LOL )

Had my scan. Saw little heart beat and start of little arms and legs. Heard it heart beat and it did a little wiggle at us!! Cannot believe that is going on inside me.

aww! awesome news!

My scan went great as well! Got to see and hear the heartbeat!!!! Doctor and ultrasound tech both said everything looks great! Here's our little lovebug!

yay!!!! I'm glad the scan went well!!!!

Hurray for all the good scans today!

Heartburn but taking it as a good sign since wont be having a scan just yet lol xx

My due date is 25 february 2013 :) unfortunately no scan till 12 weeks (UK system) but we r thinking to go private and do in a week or two

Evening everyone!

Anyone thinking about the birth yet? I have been switching between wanting a homebirth and a birth centre birth since we decided to TTC, and today finally decided on birth centre birth, but now I am panicing about how to get there :rofl:

I haven't felt too sicky today, I even managed to eat a big dinner, the tiredness is moving to a whle new level though! x x x

The midwives work out of our local hospital. It's not that big a town and you can have exactly the birth you want only in a safe hospital setting. It's awesome. When I had my son, I had the entire maternity ward to myself. They have a tub for water births if you're into that sort of thing and birthing balls, plus you can labor in any position you want. I decided on the intrathecal and enjoyed 2 hours of pain free TV watching before pushing my son out (in 3 pushes). I'm hoping for a similar experience this time.

We are the opposite. We have a boy name picked out but can not agree on any girl names. I am really hoping this dang ms doesn't last until 12 weeks I don't know if I can last that long.

Hi ladies, welcome newbies and glad all the scans have gone well!

I've been walking around work heaving away, if I was able to get to the toilet I'm sure I would have vomited!

As for scan, I'm going to pay for a private scan at 16 weeks, think we will keep the sex a secret?
Any advice on sickness, this is my third baby and I've never found a cure. Someone mentioned chewing gum, but that didn't help today :(

As for birth, ouch, it's still fresh in my head, ha ha!!!

I'm not sure what way I will go, I Like the thought of a water birth?
I think my pregnancy may become consultancy led due to finding out I have Group Strep C, and no I've not pressed the wrong letter! Apparently it's extremely uncommon and when I had my second baby last year the hospital were running roynf Like headless chickens wondering what this ment for me and my baby?
I'm still none the wiser, so we will see what happens at my midwife appointment on Wednesday.

Hope your all well xxx

I had complications with my sons birth and thinking about that is what made me push for birth centre rather than home birth, its across the hall from the main labour ward so if there were problems its a 30 second trip to there.

My daughters birth was amazing, stayed at home thinking it was a false alarm and cooking up my huge stash of yummies for the freezer to cook after the birth, got nagged into going to hospital, was told I was 8cm, she was born an hour later, we left 3-4 hours after she was born.

That reminds me, I need to start looking up recipes for cheap bulk meals I can make for the freezer this time, I made a months worth last time, i want to do the same again x x x

Thanks md, blue eyes and congrats babydreams. Exciting day on here!!

Birth centre if poss.

Had B/C with my son and loved it, labour was 2hr 10min long and he was back to back but managed zero pain relief, was so relaxed and straight forward.

With DD I had to have her at labour ward :( due to group B strep but in the end she was born in 55mins and didnt have time for the antibiotics anyway or pain relief. I am hoping to be allowed birthing centre but depends where I stand with regards to the group B strep.

We have a fabulous Birthing centre in the forest!

Can I ask a really dumb question being a first time mum 2 be.... What is the difference in th places you can have your baby? My GP just wrote down the name of our local hospital and did not discuss anything else.

If you have a local NHS birthing centre you can choose there, you have every right to a home birth also. If you are consultant led (risk or complications) then you may be recommended labour ward at hospital xx

Ha ha ha, the day I went onto labour, I had a mad cooking sesh!
For a cheap dinner I make.... Potato, bacon and cheese bake.
I fry bacon and onion and mix it with cheesy mash and then put it in the oven with lots of cheese and sliced tomatoes. Serve with baked beans. Yum yum xx

I don't have many options where I live... Although we do have a lovely new maternity unit that was opened a few weeks ago by the queen! I think we now have a choice to have a midwife led birth, but I don't really know what it all means?

Keep us posted about the group strep b and the birthing centre.
My first birth was not fun, my second was painful, went from 6cm to having my baby within half an hour! It was just perfect with gas and air, I'm aiming for another birth like that!
So for those who had awful births first time round, you can defo have a positive birth the next time :) x

Thanks midnight fairy. Will try and see what can access in my area. Looked on internet and my hospital says midwife led and consultant led units. Don't think I would be confident having a home birth. So scared I will not be able to cope even with serious drugs ha ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->