• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Mmm not sure if its an old wives tale but my mum told me to rub on some olive oil

Have not left LO yet think oh would have a panic attack if I went off just yet lol ! Will have to get pumping and storing before I even think of that . Although my sisters graduation is on in April so ill aim for that lol. A day out and a nice glass or two of wine ;)

I've left Leo with my mum for all of ten minutes while I went to pick up some paperwork from the doctors. I didn't like being parted from him!

Is anyone expressing milk? I would love an hour on my own. Even just to wonder around asda lol! But I can't seem to get more than 3 and a half oz out and that takes me half an hour :/

Is anyone expressing milk? I would love an hour on my own. Even just to wonder around asda lol! But I can't seem to get more than 3 and a half oz out and that takes me half an hour :/

Yep, I am. I can sometimes get 4oz but usually it's less.

Hi ladies. Haven't checked in in a bit as little one is still in the hospital so I haven't had much to add. I'm not really going through the same thing the rest of you ladies are just yet. We're hoping for her to come home really soon though. My name is Rei and little ones name is Emerson. She was born February 4th.

So after pains. I've never heard of those and certainly didn't experience them. I had a c-section though so maybe that's why? Definitely not sad I missed out on that.

As for this weekend hubby and I are finishing up Emmy's room and buying some things we need. We had our baby shower last weekend and have been sorting and figuring out what she still needs.

I get anywhere between 2 1/2 to 4 oz depending on when I pump. I got 4 1/2 once as LO was crying while i was pumping.

My LO will only take 3oz out of a bottle at a time though. He doesn't really like it.

Coconut oil or olive oil works great n try n not wash it too often x

I left lo for an hr with my oh while i had a driving lesson but wouldnt leave her with any1 else for a few month xx

I love the name Emerson :) how is she doing Panda ? It must be hard to be home without her but she is where she needs to be to get strong so she can come home forever :) please come and share your journey after all Emmy and you are part of the Feb club xxxxx

I have left skye with her daddy for about 45 mins each day so I can walk the dog. I always leave a bottle of expressed in case she wakes up but mostly she sleeps right through and doesn't even notice I'm gone! I actually quite like the break after being alone with her all day, and I think it's important to leave my hubby alone with her whilst he has the chance.
I have a spectra electric pump and it's fab, I can express between 5 and 8oz a time depending on the time of day (morning is better) xxx

^^WSS^^ you little girl is just as special as all our other February babies. I truly hope she is home with you soon. I cant imagine what you must go through on an hourly basis!

Usual weekend plans here consisting of taking children to various events and birthday parties, mix in normal household chores and thats as exciting as it gets.
Rutland is a lovely place Rhi-Rhi, I've not been for years though.

Hi ladies. Haven't checked in in a bit as little one is still in the hospital so I haven't had much to add. I'm not really going through the same thing the rest of you ladies are just yet. We're hoping for her to come home really soon though. My name is Rei and little ones name is Emerson. She was born February 4th.

So after pains. I've never heard of those and certainly didn't experience them. I had a c-section though so maybe that's why? Definitely not sad I missed out on that.

As for this weekend hubby and I are finishing up Emmy's room and buying some things we need. We had our baby shower last weekend and have been sorting and figuring out what she still needs.

I hope ur lo is ok hun im sure she will b home with u shortly xx

Anyone else have a c section ? How are your stitches doing ? Mine are atill painful and a little bit itchy , have had some dabs of bleeding too - mw said it was ok when she checked it. Am desperate to drive again but no where near ready to do so :-(

Aww thanks ladies. I'm sure when she's home I'll post more often, bug right now I'm not even sure I feel like a mom. She's doing really well though and I'm pretty sure she'll be home before her due date (which was April 12th) it's just a question of how much before.

Mrs Doddy, I had a csection too. I have stitches on the inside, but staples on the outside. Those were driving me mad so luckily I got them taken out after the first week. It's so much better now. I hope yours improves soon. I didn't have any bleeding from the incision, but it did get infected. Luckily it cleared up and seems mostly healed now. I couldn't stand other people driving me so I started driving again at exactly 2 weeks after surgery.

Aww thanks ladies. I'm sure when she's home I'll post more often, bug right now I'm not even sure I feel like a mom. She's doing really well though and I'm pretty sure she'll be home before her due date (which was April 12th) it's just a question of how much before.

Mrs Doddy, I had a csection too. I have stitches on the inside, but staples on the outside. Those were driving me mad so luckily I got them taken out after the first week. It's so much better now. I hope yours improves soon. I didn't have any bleeding from the incision, but it did get infected. Luckily it cleared up and seems mostly healed now. I couldn't stand other people driving me so I started driving again at exactly 2 weeks after surgery.

You are a mum sweetie and are doing the best under the circumstances , I can't imagine what you are going through- I hope that your little one is well enough to come home soon x

Re the section well done on your recovery I'm impressed !

Aw panda you are a super strong mum! I can't imagine what you are going through :hugs:

Ah keep going panda, hopefully Emmy will be home with you very very soon :hugs:

Rufus slept for 4.5 hours in one go last night!!! Longest he's done till now is 3 hours but more often than not it's 2. Couldn't believe it when I checked the clock, if he can keep going with this he'll have a mummy who's much more fun in the day time! :flower:

Hey would everyone mind posting their name , name of LO and age of LO . Ill add it to the. First page :)

I'm Hannah, my LO is Jacob and he was born 27th Feb, making him 16 days old.

Haven't been on for a few days but good to see how everyone is getting on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"