February 2014 thread for new mums :)

No christening for us either, as not religious in the slightest. Shame though as I love the gowns! !

I'm still in my slobby clothes as scar still healing and sore. Couldn't bear jeans ouch ! Although I would so love a day out shopping , new clothes sound wonderful and new underwear :) ill celebrate being mobile and able to drive again with heading to the shops :) me and LO :) only 3 weeks to go !!

Poor LO has baby snuffles and was struggling to feed and breath at the same time last night . Poor thing got so frustrated . Have sent OH to get saline nose spray . Hope it helps .
Anyone any other tips re this or find anything that works ?

We've just got over this. Saline spray definitely helped, if you can use it 15 mins before a feed. Then keep top end of Moses basket or crib propped up so they're a bit more upright when lying down.

We have all had a bad cold here and sadly saline spray is the only thing you can give them when they are this little. I use to find a few mins after using it I was wiping away tiny boggies, the only time it will ever be cute!

LO has his Moses basket mattress raised by a folded towel underneath it at one end and it really helps.

I'm still in my slobby clothes as scar still healing and sore. Couldn't bear jeans ouch ! Although I would so love a day out shopping , new clothes sound wonderful and new underwear :) ill celebrate being mobile and able to drive again with heading to the shops :) me and LO :) only 3 weeks to go !!

Poor LO has baby snuffles and was struggling to feed and breath at the same time last night . Poor thing got so frustrated . Have sent OH to get saline nose spray . Hope it helps .
Anyone any other tips re this or find anything that works ?

We've just got over this. Saline spray definitely helped, if you can use it 15 mins before a feed. Then keep top end of Moses basket or crib propped up so they're a bit more upright when lying down.

^^^ WSS. DS was struggling for breath and the saline has been a lot better and propping up the moses basket mattress slightly has seemed to make him sound more comfortable. I'm off to get a snot sucker (*ahem nasal aspirator):haha: today, so that should help more? :flower:

Spoke to the doc, said as the clot/bleeding was a one off to just keep an eye on it but go in if i had anymore.

We won't have dd christened as not religious either - i think it's a nice tradition but not for us!

Hope the poorly babies are feeling better soon :flower:

How many hours a day are your lo's awake ? I know they are supposed to sleep lots to start but lo wakes to cry for milk and then downs it and falls straight back to sleep ! He is awake most of the evening - last night it was also between 1-3am how can I change this and should he be asleep thîs much ? I can't remember dd being this sleepy ?

Jesscia isn't awake a great deal to be honest, probably about an hour out of each 4?? All depending what we're doing really and if MK leaves her alone.

Leo naps between feeds for most of the daytime. He's wide awake at the moment but he's got a serious case of hiccups. He was definitely more lovely between about 6pm - 11pm when he was in my tummy and seems to follow a similar pattern now. I'm hoping we can both have a nap shortly though. Mummy is tired out! :)

Sean is so good ( touch wood afraid to jinks it ) at night time his awake time is mornings from 7 to 12 . He could be wide awake for a couple of hours r from feed to feed ! Not fussy just refusing to sleep lol. Got the saline spray and am happy to report they made a big difference . Will try prop up the mattress tonight too. . Thanks for the advice ladies :)

Hey would everyone mind posting their name , name of LO and age of LO . Ill add it to the. First page :)

We will be getting lacey christened in summer aswell.

Lacey is awake for an hr then sleeps for 2-3 and so on x

LO is awake for about an hour in every 4. Not always for a straight hour though.

we will get our LO blessed by an army padre, however it won't be until she's almost a year as hubby deploys for 6months in May xxx

Hey would everyone mind posting their name , name of LO and age of LO . Ill add it to the. First page :)

No problem.
I'm Gemma. LO is Jessica, born 10th February (so currently 4 weeks and 3 days)

Had an awful night my 2 year old had a poorly tummy yesterday afternoon then this fever just hit her, she was like a radioactive child! Was up a lot of the night so I found myself washing my hands for most of it. And now of course Jessica isnt very happy, sleeping at the moment but had a very squidgy nappy at 9am! I pray she doesnt catch anything. Sad admission is that dd3 is pretty much parked in front of Cbeebies with some water while I've got Jess in the kitchen.
Cant get worse right??

Hi Hannah , Gemma and Holly :) just added the details on the first page if like me your useless with remembering names :) can't believe Sean is 3 weeks already on Saturday ! Is time going quickly or slowly for everyone ?

Gemma sounds like you had a tough night , my sister has 4 children at Christmas baby was only home from hospital and 3 of them needed up with tummy flu . Doc told here nothing she can do just get everyone to wash hands and also to wipe down remote control , door handles ect with disinfectant . Her LO didn't get it. . Apparently they also have a more developed immune system in the first few months if BF so unlikely to catch stomach flu from children a bit like adults don't ?

Hi, I am Kim, my little girl is Zoey :) She was a valentines baby, so 4 weeks tomorrow :)

It is going way too quickly for my liking, to think she is a month old tomorrow makes me want to cry lol

Is anyone else's LO seeming quite advanced? Zoey was lifting her head at 3 hours old and has done so since then, at a couple of days she was lifting her head to turn to face the other way!! She turns onto her side sometimes too, HV didn't believe me until she saw her do it at 12 days old and was quite surprised :) x she smiles too :) I love her so much xxx

Hi Kim :) my LO has good head control isn't quite turning over but definitely trying to lift head if he is lying down but wants to be upright !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->