• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Anyone else have a c section ? How are your stitches doing ? Mine are atill painful and a little bit itchy , have had some dabs of bleeding too - mw said it was ok when she checked it. Am desperate to drive again but no where near ready to do so :-(

I could have written this post !!! My scar seems to get more uncomfortable rather than less the more my belly shrinks ! Lol ..... Also not taking pain killers any more so think I'm just more aware of it . Not Driving and having no independence and relying on OH for everything is really driving me mad !! I live in the countryside so even if I run out of milk I am dependant on someone .
I cannot wait to get back to normal and to be able to get out and about . Some days the walls feel like they are closing in lol......... Thankfully I am so in. Love with my little man he makes it all better and just about bearable :haha: I just keep thinking this day 3 weeks ill have my wheels back :happydance: Me and LO are going on a shopping trip all by ourselves to celebrate :)

I was told that if I drove before 6 weeks my car insurance would not be valid as I would be driving against medical advice ! So no driving before that for me

I think Z is going through a growth spurt. It felt like he was up to eat every 1-1.5 hrs though the night. Just glad that I was able to get out of bed without being a raging monster :haha:

Wow for those ladies that are out carting their children around with baby is a super hero. I have told my boys that until Z sleep longer and such I am not going cart them around all that much.

I did though leave Z with DH for about 15-20 min while I went to the store for food. When I called him to double check something Z was screaming in the back ground. Oh well DH has to find his own way with him. I think it is important for him to be able to find ways to keep him calm too.

Anyone else have a c section ? How are your stitches doing ? Mine are atill painful and a little bit itchy , have had some dabs of bleeding too - mw said it was ok when she checked it. Am desperate to drive again but no where near ready to do so :-(

I could have written this post !!! My scar seems to get more uncomfortable rather than less the more my belly shrinks ! Lol ..... Also not taking pain killers any more so think I'm just more aware of it . Not Driving and having no independence and relying on OH for everything is really driving me mad !! I live in the countryside so even if I run out of milk I am dependant on someone .
I cannot wait to get back to normal and to be able to get out and about . Some days the walls feel like they are closing in lol......... Thankfully I am so in. Love with my little man he makes it all better and just about bearable :haha: I just keep thinking this day 3 weeks ill have my wheels back :happydance: Me and LO are going on a shopping trip all by ourselves to celebrate :)

I was told that if I drove before 6 weeks my car insurance would not be valid as I would be driving against medical advice ! So no driving before that for me

I'm taking paracetamol and ibrofrophen it numbs it for a little while, have been on my own with both kids today and man I've felt it :-( I live in the country too- enough that I would have to walk 15mins to get to the shop and I really can't do that yet. Yes shopping sounds like a lovely idea - I might have to do that too oh and a costa coffee mmmm

That's crazy about the insurance thing. Did your doctor actually tell you to wait 6 weeks before driving? Mine recommended 2-3 weeks just depending on how I felt. I can't imagine going that long depending on others especially with going to the nicu every day. I hope you and Mrs Doddy don't go too stir crazy.

Yup, very specific instructions . No hoovering , no driving and no housework . No lifting anything heavier than baby for six weeks . You have to sign something to say you have been advised of theses before leaving the hospital

Yup, very specific instructions . No hoovering , no driving and no housework . No lifting anything heavier than baby for six weeks . You have to sign something to say you have been advised of theses before leaving the hospital

Easier said than done when looking after a toddler too- I've got away without picking her up but I have to admit today I lifted a chair to take into the kitchen so she could stand on it to do some cooking - I've been good apart from that, I honestly can't see me driving for another few weeks at least :-( maybe by the end of next week I might be able to walk around the block tho

Meh, ladies I am now scared :(
hubby and I dtd, which was fine :) I was scared but happy now
only prob is we got carried away and haven't had to think about contraception for so long .... That we didn't use anything :(
hubby got up and said haha imagine if you got pregnant again... Now it's 4.30 am and I can't stop thinking about it :( I stopped bleeding a few days maybe a week ago, haven't had a period but have read that that doesn't matter :/

Meh, ladies I am now scared :(
hubby and I dtd, which was fine :) I was scared but happy now
only prob is we got carried away and haven't had to think about contraception for so long .... That we didn't use anything :(
hubby got up and said haha imagine if you got pregnant again... Now it's 4.30 am and I can't stop thinking about it :( I stopped bleeding a few days maybe a week ago, haven't had a period but have read that that doesn't matter :/
It is very possible to get pregnant straight away as u will be very fertile after pregnancy. Unless u are aiming to get pregnant id look at some form of contraceptive. I also think u need a medal dtd this soon its the last thing i wana do lol :blush:

I think the fact that you're very fertile after pregnancy is a bit of a cruel trick by Mother Nature. Surely it's better for our bodies to rest and recover a bit before producing more offspring?! I can't see us DTD for a while either. I thought things were healing 'down there' but yesterday I had a horrible 'throbbing' episode which was really uncomfy - I was close to sitting down on the floor in a shop!

My dh has had his hands all over me the last few days, but once I told him I'm spotting those nasty colours the nurse warned us about for high risk of infection, it was enough of a cold shower he needed to just hold off. Bless him, he doesn't want to see me sick again. I love that man. Other than that I feel guilty cause I too don't even want to even think about being intimate with him. I still feel like crap!

We went back to dtd about 3 1/2 weeks after my section. I told my hubby he better pick up some condoms or he wasn't coming anywhere near me. Having a baby in the nicu though has made me very aware of how much I do not want another baby right now. I can definitely understand how it would slip someone's mind though after not using any protection for so long (for us it was. 2 1/2 years).

I had the implant a couple of months after we got together and had it put to try so haven't had to think about contraception for 4 and a half years :( I feel so so stupid and scared, hubby keeps saying we will be fine and if it happens, it happens but I am panicking :( xx

Kim firstly you do deserve a medal lol..... Your oh is very lucky , I'm so so not in the mood at all or done think physically up to the task ! Gettin jiggy with itid be afraid I pop a stitch lol .....

Worrying about it is not going to change the outcome just make you miserable . Can't give a guarantee but you would be very unlucky if ye get caught this time . Try relax and put it out of your head . And go bu y some condoms ;)

On the nhs website, under emergency contraception it says about the morning after pill, but also the iud as an emergency contraceptive, I am not sure though, might phone the brook clinic tomorrow and ask their advice x
at least if I did that, that would be our contraception sorted, but we know we want to have a small age gap, just not 10 months! Lol x

He claims I initiated it lol, I wanted a hug! I just wasn't stopping it, I was def up for it, have just been scared about it hurting but felt normal :) xx

Lucky oh! I'm still bleeding so still no dtd here...rargh! I'd try not to worry, the clinic sounds like a good plan. I didn't know you could get an iud as emergency contraceotion!

I didnt know about the IDU either.
I went back on the pill at 21 days after having Jessica, still worried me for a start though.

Jessica is 5 weeks old today and a total star! Wakes at 1am and 5am but settle well (please don't let me jinks that!) I do hate waking her at 7am though to get ready for the school run, the little love hates it too. Its really unsettles her and some days she cries on the way in her pram, it breaks my heart because its not her fault.
I didnt know if a dummy might help her for that journey?
What do you ladies think?
I've never used one before so I'm unsure about it.

My greatest struggle at the moment is my 2yo. She's on constant winge mode and by bedtime I am shattered!

I didnt know about the IDU either.
I went back on the pill at 21 days after having Jessica, still worried me for a start though.

Jessica is 5 weeks old today and a total star! Wakes at 1am and 5am but settle well (please don't let me jinks that!) I do hate waking her at 7am though to get ready for the school run, the little love hates it too. Its really unsettles her and some days she cries on the way in her pram, it breaks my heart because its not her fault.
I didnt know if a dummy might help her for that journey?
What do you ladies think?
I've never used one before so I'm unsure about it.

My greatest struggle at the moment is my 2yo. She's on constant winge mode and by bedtime I am shattered!

Have you thought of wearing her?? I don't like hearing Z cry either. It makes my skin almost crawl. If I put him in my wrap he doesn't cry for long and falls right back asleep.

You are lucky she only wakes up then. I am still only getting a 4 hr stretch from 10-1 to 2 then up every two hours after. He does though settle back well for the most part, other than this morning. The little stinker woke up to have a really big poo and wouldn't go back to sleep until it was too late for me to go back to sleep, as my others woke up for school.

I'd be lucky is dd3 wasnt still waking up in the night she just fills the even numbers that Jessica misses out!

My friend has offered me her sling to borrow, cant hurt trying.

I second the sling - the only way i get anything done is wrapping dd2!
For sleep she's totally got day and night confused - we've had a couple of 4 hour stretches today! Anyone know how we could change this??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->