• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2014 thread for new mums :)

I've been getting social smiles for about 3 weeks now but it still melts my heart every time. Has anyone elses baby suddenly gone from being happy to nap to needing to be held, William used to be happy to nap in his bouncer or swing but the past few days he's needed cuddled to go to sleep, I can usually put him down when he's asleep and he's still happy to go in his basket awake at night so I'm lucky I guess just seems to have been really sudden change

Little nicki did you see the previous posts about the wonder weeks ? Worth googling ! My LO has days of being ok sleeping and days needing to be held . Think it just depends on the day ! I'm still getting wind / gas smiles no real ones yet but can't wait for them . Should be soon as LO turning 1 month tommrow . He is starting to make lots of different sounds this week in response to being chatted to :) I still can't believe how much I love him :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
A first smile is such a beautiful thing. I remember my ds tge best for me was his first laugh he was about 14wk and had thus great belly chuckle n even now when he laughs he makes me laugh. Heres a link he was about 17wk when this was done https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XoYhNhj12mM

That is just so cute!! Thank you for sharing that!! My LO just about had a laugh yesterday, it melted my heart.

My LO has been horrible for the past few days but has woken up like a different child today. I've even had the first social smiles this morning. Good things he is much easier today as DS1 is not well. I was washing favourite teddies, a small boy and stripping a bed in the middle of the night.

We have our 6 week check today.

I'm really looking forward to laughing it is a better moment than the first mum in my opinion.

Sounds like your LO just went through his first leap forward. As Left Wondering and I were talking about before, it has to do with the Wonder Weeks. I bought the book, and I find it fascinating.

I've been getting social smiles for about 3 weeks now but it still melts my heart every time. Has anyone elses baby suddenly gone from being happy to nap to needing to be held, William used to be happy to nap in his bouncer or swing but the past few days he's needed cuddled to go to sleep, I can usually put him down when he's asleep and he's still happy to go in his basket awake at night so I'm lucky I guess just seems to have been really sudden change

Yes as LW mentioned. It is just a phase like I mentioned above. It happens around 5 weeks. Then one morning he will wake up and be this new baby. Cuddle away, it is what he needs right now. Don't worry you aren't spoiling him!:winkwink:

Yesterday I was talking with my LLL support person (she is awesome), and she mentioned something to me that made me sad yet happy at the same time, yet totally true. 'All things come to pass'. In her truth I was happy to here that what ever digestive issue, or miss communication my LO is having at the moment will pass, but at the same time what ever I absolutely love about him will pass at some point too, so enjoy these moments good or bad. Oh so true!!

heya ladies, sounds like everyone is getting on fab, even with very alert little ones! I took skye to get weighted on tues and she is now 9lb 9, so just over 2lbs up.from.birth weight :) however I am a bit disheartened at no smiles yet... I am trying singing, pulling faces etc and she babbles and wriggles at me but still no smile... any suggestions ladies or will it juat happen when she's ready? xxx

Think it will just happen, got my first smile just before 4 weeks I was just sitting talking to him in his bouncer, get lots now in response to various things

hi I'm Rachel and my beautiful baby girl Skye was born on the 1st Feb at 14.47pm weighing 7lb 4oz, 2 days after her due date.
I am a first time mum, so each day is a learning curve, but loving every second. I am currently combi feeding, majority breastfeeding but some formula top ups. Skye is now 8lb 5oz so doing v. well, we love her so much already xxx

I'm feeding like this too - nice to meet another combi mama :)

Edit - did I just find a really old post? Baby brain!

Well I'm very proud of my baby boy today, he had his last feed as normal at 9pm then instead of waking at 2.30ish he woke at 4 for a feed then went back to sleep till 7. My little boy is growing to fast!

Well I'm very proud of my baby boy today, he had his last feed as normal at 9pm then instead of waking at 2.30ish he woke at 4 for a feed then went back to sleep till 7. My little boy is growing to fast!

What a clever little man :) in no time he will be sleeping through the night for you :)

Oh that sounds heavenly!! I am still having issues with my LO early early in the mornings. Still having major gas, and I have even been feeding him just on one side for a couple feedings to try and get him more hind vs fore milk in the nights. I am trying to fix these silly green poops, and having no luck so far.

Well he's having good nights but very clingy in the day but would rather that than the other way round

Sorry bit of a tmi one.... just went toilet and passed a clot the size of a golf ball. I stopped bleeding about 2 days ago..... it is actually the first clot I have passed, now im bleeding lightly again :( thoughts? Oh wants to ring someone but drs are shut. I have been discharged by midwifes and hospital seems extreme/long bloody wait for something that is likely nothing?

Sorry bit of a tmi one.... just went toilet and passed a clot the size of a golf ball. I stopped bleeding about 2 days ago..... it is actually the first clot I have passed, now im bleeding lightly again :( thoughts? Oh wants to ring someone but drs are shut. I have been discharged by midwifes and hospital seems extreme/long bloody wait for something that is likely nothing?

That sized should be ok as long as there isn't an increase flow of blood that you are soaking one pad in an hour, or if you continue to pass more clots. If you have any concerns I would call, so that you feel safer. When I passed one I was getting gushes of blood that would have soaked a pad in an hour. That is when I went into the ER!

Hi Rhi no experience of clots here but I know the guide of if you are soaking a pad per hour you should seek medical help is standard . I was also told to use maternity pads not regular ones as they are much more absorbent and can mask a concern .

Not sure if I should bring LO to the doctor , he has snuffles and I am not sure if they have gone not his chest. He is eating ans sleeping fine , doesn't seem to have a temp , generally is in good form . I can't feel it on his chest but its the noise he makes when sleeping and eating I think maybe it has . I've no experience of this so what do people think ?

Also tmi anyone who had a c section having any issues with pooing ? Sorry but thought I'd ask lol .... I seem to be a bit constipated ( tmi ) and poo is a very dark colour and painful to pass . I've never ever suffered with constipation before the only thing I can put it down to is the c section ? Anyone ?

Hi Rhi no experience of clots here but I know the guide of if you are soaking a pad per hour you should seek medical help is standard . I was also told to use maternity pads not regular ones as they are much more absorbent and can mask a concern .

Not sure if I should bring LO to the doctor , he has snuffles and I am not sure if they have gone not his chest. He is eating ans sleeping fine , doesn't seem to have a temp , generally is in good form . I can't feel it on his chest but its the noise he makes when sleeping and eating I think maybe it has . I've no experience of this so what do people think ?

Also tmi anyone who had a c section having any issues with pooing ? Sorry but thought I'd ask lol .... I seem to be a bit constipated ( tmi ) and poo is a very dark colour and painful to pass . I've never ever suffered with constipation before the only thing I can put it down to is the c section ? Anyone ?

If you're worried get him checked hun. The way I see it is if he's ok then you're reassured and if not then you get him on the right treatment straight away. Hope he's ok soon.

The only thing i can think about your constipation is if you're still on painkillers? Things like cocodamol can bung you up :hugs:

There is nothing your Dr will do if there is no fever. So I wouldn't worry about unless it rattles lower in his chest while he is breathing in. If it is while breathing out it is just mucus, and he will build his immune system up to it. This time of year also may be allergies. Sounds like he is just fine though ;) At anytime you are unsure I would call in :thumb up:

If your poo is really dark like black means that you are ingesting loads of iron. As for the constipation that can be cause by the iron, or lack of water. You can safely take docusate, as it is just a stool softener. Make sure you are drinking loads of water and eating enough fibre. It will work itself out. (I too have a sensitivity to iron, it makes me nauseous and constipated.)

Not sure if I should bring LO to the doctor , he has snuffles and I am not sure if they have gone not his chest. He is eating ans sleeping fine , doesn't seem to have a temp , generally is in good form . I can't feel it on his chest but its the noise he makes when sleeping and eating I think maybe it has . I've no experience of this so what do people think

If he doesn't have a temperature he is fine. I was told by my gp that most young children sound chesty up to 18 months. It's to do with the way the lungs develop. I questioned this with my eldest as I have a family history of lung issues and serious asthma and was paranoid about his chest.

Thanks girls , think it is just snuffles poor fella , ill keep a close eye and if it gets any worse ill take him to the doc . IRON ! Of course might be the iron supplement I'm taking at the moment as my iron is low and have to take a tab every day for a month .... Well that is that mystery solved lol

Got real cabin fever and took toddler and baby out for a walk.. Now in pain ( was ok at the time) I didn't go far :-( damn section stitches :-( getting really frustrated , dd hates being indoors and is really naughty out of the house she's an angel, h is now back at work, she had a friend for lunch , refused nap and wanted to go out. Have friends around to help but the can't be with us 24/7

I hear ya with the cabin fever ! I made fairy cakes to ease the boredom ..... Of course I ended up eating them too !!!!! Ill end up as big as a house if I don't get out soon. C section stitches are a pain I agree !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->