February 2014 thread for new mums :)

I wonder if I'm hindering Jessica's development by keeping her away from dd3, though from how she is it's keeping her safe right now, the novelty still hasn't worn off!

Why ? What's dd3 doing ?

I feel lumps too ! Doctor told me its pockets of fluid which will eventually go . I thought it was bits of my internal organs lol . That's what it feels like ! Just sitting over the scar as if they are all squashed up !!

My LO projectile vomited all over me , the couch and the floor this evening ! I think he may have over fed :( he had formula bottle with oh this pm and drank 5 oz ! Obviously too heavy for him , ill have to work on expressing only getting 1-2 oz at the moment think I might need to change my pump as its not very powerful .

Oh my goodness Rufus just slept for 5 hours... FIVE HOURS!! And he wasn't even crying when I woke up, just lying there patiently sucking his thumb!! :thumbup: :flower:

I feel lumps too ! Doctor told me its pockets of fluid which will eventually go . I thought it was bits of my internal organs lol . That's what it feels like ! Just sitting over the scar as if they are all squashed up !!

My LO projectile vomited all over me , the couch and the floor this evening ! I think he may have over fed :( he had formula bottle with oh this pm and drank 5 oz ! Obviously too heavy for him , ill have to work on expressing only getting 1-2 oz at the moment think I might need to change my pump as its not very powerful .

I've got the Ardo Calypso double pump and highly recommend it. My personal best so far is 4.5oz! That was a bit of a one-off though. I've also used the Medela Swing which was good but it's not a closed system so I saw my milk get sucked up the vacuum tube, which means it can get into the pump where you can't clean - I didn't like the hygene risk so we sent it back.

I wonder if I'm hindering Jessica's development by keeping her away from dd3, though from how she is it's keeping her safe right now, the novelty still hasn't worn off!

Why ? What's dd3 doing ?

She just wants to lay on her, pull her arms/legs, dropping toys on her etc. Its never malicious (so far, its just overly affectionate) but I cant leave either of them out of my arms reach at all.

Oh dear - that makes things hard but I don't think you will be hindering Jessica x

well princess found her smile! :)
I know what you ladies mean by cabin fever - my hubby is away just now so on my own and even though skye is v. relaxed I just find myself losing each day and never getting anywhere! it just takes so long to get us ready to go anywhere I kind of can't be bothered... I have some fabby neighbours though who keep getting me over for coffee and food, makes such a difference! xxx

Attachments

• 20140325_101941.jpg
    20140325_101941.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 4
My baby is poorly :( she's so congested and she keeps being sick. Need to get some of those saline nose drops to clear her out a bit.

well princess found her smile! :)
I know what you ladies mean by cabin fever - my hubby is away just now so on my own and even though skye is v. relaxed I just find myself losing each day and never getting anywhere! it just takes so long to get us ready to go anywhere I kind of can't be bothered... I have some fabby neighbours though who keep getting me over for coffee and food, makes such a difference! xxx

Naww Lovely :flower:

Elijah has AWFUL skin, I wouldn't like to waste a doctors time with it, cos I can't see what they would do for him, but it's really horrible to look at, I thought he had milk spots (a week ago) but they are red now and they have now spread to his chest, His ears looked really dry, but now they are flaky and yellow, as bad as it sounds everyone just keeps telling me It's cradle cap and milk spots. I feel horrible though like he is dirty, because it makes him look dirty, and I all ready took him to the doctors with an infected cord, this just makes me look really unclean doesn't it :/ ?

Honestly though I'm not ahah x

My baby is poorly :( she's so congested and she keeps being sick. Need to get some of those saline nose drops to clear her out a bit.

Hope she feels better soon :hugs: Awful watching them struggle isn't it x

I could have written this post poor Sean is so bunged up and in the last two days is throwing up a lot after every feed . It started by him projectile vomiting an ocean ! I think I was over feeding him poor thing . Hoping it settles in the next day or so or it will be a trip to the doctors . Everything I've read and people I've spoken to all tell me its just babies so I'm hoping so . Also I stupidly drank oj again without thinking last time he was very unsettled for a few days so it might be that too

As for the red rash and milk spots I hear ya ! I had him at he to be weighted yesterday and asked her about them ( he has a few whiteheads also ) and the red rash on his face going under his chin and down his neck . Looks like he is never washed and I've let him get wet and ne'er dried him so its gone sore . I also think he is getting cradle cap in his eyebrows ! Hv said not to worry nothing you can do it will clear up on its own and will be gone totally ( will come and go until they are 4 months ! )

We've got baby acne here I think - all over his neck and shoulders. It doesn't look very pretty but doesn't seem to bother him. The HV said no need to put anything on it, it should clear up on its own.

He was weighed again today - he's gone from 8lb 12oz to 9lb 5oz in a week! Still tracking in the 25th percentile though. I'm really pleased that the combi feeding seems to be working ok :happydance:

Notice Sean has not had as many dirty nappies the last day and a half . He usually poos after every feed but today we have only had one poo since 6am its now 4pm . Ill keep an eye and hope he goes again soon . I'm begining to worry if he is getting enough to eat .lol now I sound like a nutter , on my last post I was worrying that I was over feeding him now I'm thinking he is not getting enough !

Had him weighed yesterday and he is now 10lb from 8lb that's a gain of 2lb or kg since birth . He has his six week check next week so he will be weighed again hopefully he will have put on

My LO often only poos once a day - it's usually a huge, right up his back cow-pat style one though!

Emerson has some acne on her face too around her chin. I just assumed it was caused by all the tape that's been on her face since she was born. I didn't realize baby acne was a regular thing. She also poos with just about every feed. It's always a little surprising to change her and it just be wet. She's also up two lbs from birth 4 1/2 lbs from 2 1/2 lbs). She's doing so good. She's still at the hospital, but she is now off of all support so that means no more tape on her face. She's still not quite ready to go home but we're getting close.

Wishuwerehere and left wonderin, hope your little ones are feeling better soon.

Well after 5 hours of a battle LO is finally asleep :sleep:( for now ) wasn't cross just wanted to be up in my arms and entertained :serenade: have no idea where I'm at with feeding as he ate here and there so just going to leave him sleep until he wakes again , hopefully not for a few hours . This mama needs a cuppa:coffee: my wonder weeks app say he is in a period of transition. A leap ! He will be for 8 more days :wacko: lol

Emmy is such a little trooper :) bless she must have been just tiny ! I'm sure you cannot wait to get her home . Will you get some time off work then?

skye has a dirty nappy about every 2 days now and as someone else saId they are poomaggeddon nappies. I wouldn't worry if your boy isn't dirtying after every feed now xxx

Oh no! Sorry it took so long for your little guy to fall asleep. All Emerson does right now is sleep and she does that at the drop of a hat. I'll have to read up on these wonder weeks. I've never heard of them before, but I keep hearing about them on here. I wonder how they'll apply to Emmy since she's a preemie.

She was definitely very tiny. I was petrified to hold her at first because of how small she was. All the wires and tubes didn't help either. She's just about normal newborn size now so it's not scary holding her and moving her around anymore. I have some vacation time I'll take when she comes home and also some unpaid leave. Figuring on 6-8 weeks just depending on finances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->