February 2014 thread for new mums :)

I give up today trying to catch up on sleep, when lo is awake I need matchsticks for my eyes and when he is asleep I've woken up meh ��

I use the time when he is sleeping in the day to try and catch up on housework but he isnt very good sleeping in the day unless he is on me (he is fab at night so cant complain) since whenever I try to sleep while he naps it's like he knows and he wakes instantly

Z does the same for me. Yet I know it will all change the moment he really sinks into this new leap. His crankiness is slowly creeping back up, but expect it to fully be at it peek on Thurs. At least we are more prepared for this leap. I am also excited to see him using his hands more. He just started to rub his eyes and purposely suck on his hands (not out of hunger)

Sean is coming out of his first leap in 2 days time !! As if by magic he is in better form and more settled each day bit by bit !! When do they have the next ione ? Its really helpful to be forewarned in advance . My book still hasn't arrived ! I borrowed a ring sling from a friend today to try before investing in one . I love it !!! Gives such freedom and Sean loves it . I kid you not he was asleep in 30 seconds once in it and so so cosy . Dying to try it when out and about . Ill keep ya posted . Anyone else using one ? Any advice or tips ?

Next leap is around 8 weeks. He will be that as of Thurs for his adjusted age. I am hoping it won't be as bad as last time, plus he smiles at you so wide that who could be upset with that???

Skye has had a nightmare couple of days, just very crotchety and hard to settle. but I am lucky she has always been a good sleeper at night, and has taken to her bedtime routine well. last night she slept from 8.30 til 6.30, I feel amazing for a good rest! taking princess for her first set of jabs today, I've heard this can knock them out of sorts for the day too? xxx

Elijah is getting weighed today :) has been a while so I'm excited to see what he weighs now especially since he is now wearing 3-6months clothes!! Sleeping is great here too. Some nights he does 9 till 5.30 sometimes 9 till 3.30 on Saturday we went bed at 9 and slept in till 7.45 ! I couldn't believe it when I saw the time lol

Is anyone else's LO a real grazer? Leo seems to take forever over every feed. The fact that I'm breastfeeding him then topping up with formula probably doesn't help as it elongates the whole process. Even if he just has a bottle though he spends ages looking around, dozing off and messing around with it! I'm wondering if I should try to stretch the time out between feeds a bit so he's hungrier when he has one. Any ideas / experience, anyone? X

taking princess for her first set of jabs today, I've heard this can knock them out of sorts for the day too? xxx

William was fine after his jabs on monday but they can be out of sorts and develop a temperature so I sugest having a bottle of calpol on standby

Is anyone else's LO a real grazer? Lei seems to take forever over every feed. The fact that I'm breastfeeding him then topping up with formula probably doesn't help as it elongates the whole process. Even if he just has a bottle though he spends ages looking around, dozing off and messing around with it! I'm wondering if I should try to stretch the time out between feeds a bit so he's hungrier when he has one. Any ideas / experience, anyone? X

Is he actually drinking at the breast or just sucking with no swallow? If he's just sucking and dozing have you tried breast compressions? Dd is a real snacker and will be at the boob every hour but i realised once she dozes off she isn't actually drinking just pacifying, so if i do breast compression to get the milk flowing again she will feed better and get more milk so be fuller for longer. If you google dr jack newman breast compression his site is very helpful.

Ahhh, not sure. I'll watch him carefully at the next feed and see if I can figure it out x

I find i can hear when flo is actually drinking (if i'm looking for it) as well as seeing her swallow. Good luck!

Been awol for a while due to sleep deprivation lol my lo will settle at night but as 3 hourly feeds which take an hr to feed wind and change then re settle her so im gettin 2hrs sleep at a time maximum. Im sooooo jealous of u ladies getting good sleep i cant wait for the day when i get 4 hrs again. In the day my lo wont go down to sleep unless in her pram. I do have a sling but lo fidgets a lot on it so dont think shes very comfy in it any1 anytips etc to help with any of the above. (Altho past ecperience tells me i just av to wait it out) :blush:

Wish I had super advice for you Georgebaby, but as I have a 2yr old that still doesnt sleep I cant help.
Jessica is 8-12 now and growing brilliantly. We have a check up for her sight next week as she's not responding quite right. And I am being checked for PID.

Arrrggg how do u cope my 2 yr old sleeps brilliantly i would be an absolute mess if he wasnt sleeping either

Ahhh, not sure. I'll watch him carefully at the next feed and see if I can figure it out x

you could also try and give him less of the bottle and try to get him to do more at the breast. Like the breast compression. Giving him less of the top up may make him realize that he may need to take more from you. And if he is still hungry after the bottle put him back to breast. I know it sounds like a lot but it sounds you really want it to work with the breast feeding, just have to keep up the good work!:thumbup:

I really couldn't cope if my 2 yr old didn't sleep as well.

Isaac has good days and bad days still. One day he will go 3 to 4 hours between feeds be happy and smiley when awake and let me put him down when he naps. The next he will want to feed every 2 hours, cry for hours at a time and wake up the instant he's put down. He's so unpredictable that my OH doesn't want to book a holiday in June.

I went through a phase a few weeks ago when I got a 5 to 6 hour stretch a night but that has disappeared back to 3 to 4 again.

I can't get a bedtime routine going with Isaac at all. I really know now how easy my first was as a baby. I was in a great routine by 6 weeks and STTN at 10 weeks!

We are still having wind issues. My HV is coming for a vist tomorrow so going to see if she has any suggestions as I'm running out of ideas to help the issue.

We also have wind issues like griping pain any suggestions pls share x

Here too had really bad day today , mine seems worse during the day and fine at night . Its awful to see them so distressed and uncomfortable :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->