February 2014 thread for new mums :)

I think its normal at this age and its rlly hard but maybe do something while ur oh as lo so he gets used to it

Do your dhs do lots of nappy changing/bathtime/give bottles if ff or pumping? I am fortunate that my hubby works at home so he does a lot of these sorts of things with her and will wear her whilst he works at his desk, but he and dd2 are tight - he gets more smiles than i do.

Ok I just asked him (he was highly unamused, i sort of forgot it's 5am :haha: )and he said he thinks what really helps is that he chats to her all the time, just nonsense about what he's doing or singing made up songs or whatever. This kind of continues their bond from pregnancy and he spoke to her in my belly. Just persistence in spending time with lo and doing things with them, is what we've found.

He works different shifts everyday so he tries to help with bath time snd plays with him before too, we've started trying the bottle of expressed milk but William isn't to keen on that yet

I think its normal at this age and its rlly hard but maybe do something while ur oh as lo so he gets used to it

I try to have a bath while he looks after William but I cant relax if I can hear him crying

Eek... I think we hit the 6 week growth spurt. LO has been demanding food every two hours since yesterday afternoon and overnight it went down to every 1.5 hours. I'm knackered! I have a parents group today too so need to try and get us there in 45 minutes. I'm wearing pyjamas, he's in a sicky sleep suit and currently guzzling a bottle. Wish us luck!

Hi ladies sorry not been around for a few days. Having a bit of a nightmare here. Started with cold and horrible sore throat few days ago and now Rufus has it.
He doesn't have a fever and is feeding well so don't see any need for doctor but he's absolutely miserable.
He only settles if on our chest if we try to put him down or even hold him in a different way he screams. His tummy is upset so he's pooing more often and screams through any nappy change. He's feeding but even seems upset on the boob. And he's not really sleeping just dozing and moaning / crying every few mins.
It's so unlike his normal happy self and it's breaking my heart. Plus we're exhausted. DH has stayed off work today but he has to go back in tomorrow. Am dreading having to cope alone. The only people that are close by and I trust looking after him while I get some sleep are all ill with it too. I'm still popping the paracetamol every few hours to keep myself going.
Any advice? I'm using saline spray and have started infacol as he seems to be in pain with upset tummy too. Still too young for snuffle babe or paracetemol.
TIA

Coleif might help with the upset tummy.

I have a hour driving lesson a week when my oh as lo

Thanks all btw what is your real name ?? I know it will work itself out but was wondering was it something I was doing or was there something different I could be doing to help ? I think leaving them to,figure it out is probably best ! Its hard but they will find " their " way ... Ill just have to go find something to do in another room while they do to stop me taking over lol .........

My name is Sacha :hi:

Took Isaac for his 8 week jab this afternoon. He screamed the place down!

I've been to my drs 3 times in the last two weeks for one reason or another and the total time I have had to wait after my appointment time for those 3 appointment is 1 hr and 40 mins! I don't mind them running a bit late but that is terrible.

It's terrible watching them with a cold. Try raising one end of his mattress with a folded towel to help him breath when asleep. It really helps.

Hi everyone :) I'm so glad to hear its not just my oh !!! And he really really has been involved in every aspect including feeding a bottle of expressed milk from 4 weeks . I'm sure it will work itself out but I feel bad for him .

Sean is like a Velcro baby these days ! I cannot put him down or he whales ! He stops when picked up and doesn't necessarily want feeding just to be up in the arms . And if your walking about all the better ! I'm getting nothing done except what can be done with one hand ;) hope he grows out of it! His snuffles are a little better , well gone from his nose but now he has a husky voice ! Sounds like he has been at a pop concert when he crys !! Asked Hv about it and should I bring hm to the dr . ( he was only there on Friday and given a clean bill of health ) she said once he is eating , no temp and seems happy to wait it out could just be the mucus on the move ?

I'm nervous about jabs - my dd1 had her first set then did a massive poo straight up her back so she was angry, dirty, crying from the jabs and i was seriously frazzled! Hoping not to repeat that....

Lo had a cold at about 3 weeks and i didn't go to the docs but i did find steaming her helped - shutting the bathroom door and running the shower on hot and just sitting in there with her helps with the mucus. She did get quite hoarse as well. Unless it's on their chest i wouldn't worry personally.

I feel like we have turned a corner here. I realised this morning that for the last few days I haven't sat there at some point during the day and wondered if having a second was a big mistake.

I feel more like me and that I am achieving something in a day. I think it helps that I now get an initial 4 to 6 hour stretch at night. He will sleep in his basket at night and will now stay asleep if I put him down in his swing during the day most of the time.

I was seriously considering giving up breastfeeding or switching to combi feeding because I had enough but now I feel like I can keep going until I go back to work in September.

I've found this time a bigger adjustment than being a FTM because Adam was such an easy baby compared to Isaac and I didn't have a preschooler, exams to do and a serious need to keep up with the changing regulations of the industry I work in.

Kay that's so good to hear :) I can't imagine what its like to adjust to a new baby with a toddler !!! Its a luxury I would think just having one being a FTM like me :) although I think everyone has a phase of adjustment . I'm still not mangling to get dressed every day lol .... ( well having lazy days ! ) I'm getting out and about more which I am loving :)

hey ladies I have a question...
skye has more or less organised herself into her own wee routine. wakes at 7, morning nap at around 9.30/10 until 11.30 afternoon nap around 1-2, asleep from 5-6 goes to bed at 8.30. my question is should I be letting her have so many naps during the day or should I be trying to regulate when she sleeps? my instinct is not to wake a sleepy baby bur should I ve encouraging her to spend more of the dsytime awake by now? when did people begin to gave just one nap a day with their first little one? xxxx

skye has more or less organised herself into her own wee routine. wakes at 7, morning nap at around 9.30/10 until 11.30 afternoon nap around 1-2, asleep from 5-6 goes to bed at 8.30. my question is should I be letting her have so many naps during the day or should I be trying to regulate when she sleeps? my instinct is not to wake a sleepy baby bur should I ve encouraging her to spend more of the dsytime awake by now? when did people begin to gave just one nap a day with their first little one? xxxx

She is way too young to worrying about scheduling naps. You don't have to worry about that until after 6 months or even later. So let her do what she needs to do. She is the only one who truly knows what she needs at the moment. She is doing what she needs :winkwink:

My first always let me know when he wanted to adjust the routine he set himself. The only thing I ever set him was a bed time. My first didn't go down till one nap a day, that he still has most days even now, until some point after a year old.

New babies don't need a routine just go with the flow :) never wake a sleeping baby! If she needed something she would wake up and "ask" for it. Etc x

I feel like we have turned a corner here. I realised this morning that for the last few days I haven't sat there at some point during the day and wondered if having a second was a big mistake.

I feel more like me and that I am achieving something in a day. I think it helps that I now get an initial 4 to 6 hour stretch at night. He will sleep in his basket at night and will now stay asleep if I put him down in his swing during the day most of the time.

I was seriously considering giving up breastfeeding or switching to combi feeding because I had enough but now I feel like I can keep going until I go back to work in September.

I've found this time a bigger adjustment than being a FTM because Adam was such an easy baby compared to Isaac and I didn't have a preschooler, exams to do and a serious need to keep up with the changing regulations of the industry I work in.

Thats gd that ur feeling so positive i seem to have gd and bad days but the gd are getting more often now. I agree i found it hard as a ftm but WOW having 2 is a biig adjustment as u have 2 ppls needs to put b4 urs and trying to decide whos need is greater newborn or toddler depending what it is is rough going. Im staying in all this week potty training my toddler and i must admit its killing me. Gettong out as been my saving grace its funny when u have 1 staying in is easier but when u have 2 not leaving the house isnt worth thinking about.

I am having some sttong resentment towards my oh at the moment i know it will pass as lo gets older as it was the same with my ds but i rlly dislike him at the moment :nope:

That's great that you're feeling so positive kay - i've found the change from 1 to 2 really hard and i'm hoping we'll turn this corner soon too! I think we've emerged from our wonderweek as she has been a sweetheart today, no grumping, and she slept for 5 whole hours last night :happydance: we've been on 2 hourly wakings this past week so feeling pretty good :D and little chunk was 11lbs 2oz when weighed yesterday.

As far as naps go, my dd1 was probably 2 before she went to one nap a day! Certainly well over a year. If she's got hetself into Routine i wouldn't mess with it - you're more likely to end up with no routine that way.

Oh my, I have given birth to a smarty pants. He rolled over for the very first time on his own today. He has been trying for about two weeks now, never thought he would catch it this soon!! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->