February 2014 thread for new mums :)

hey ladies I have a question...
skye has more or less organised herself into her own wee routine. wakes at 7, morning nap at around 9.30/10 until 11.30 afternoon nap around 1-2, asleep from 5-6 goes to bed at 8.30. my question is should I be letting her have so many naps during the day or should I be trying to regulate when she sleeps? my instinct is not to wake a sleepy baby bur should I ve encouraging her to spend more of the dsytime awake by now? when did people begin to gave just one nap a day with their first little one? xxxx[/

Let your lo sleeps when lo wants - one nap a day didn't happen here until after 1

Oh my, I have given birth to a smarty pants. He rolled over for the very first time on his own today. He has been trying for about two weeks now, never thought he would catch it this soon!! :shock:

That's amazing.

I finally managed to get a photo of my little man smiling

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2
Oh my, I have given birth to a smarty pants. He rolled over for the very first time on his own today. He has been trying for about two weeks now, never thought he would catch it this soon!! :shock:

William can roll from his back to his side but kind of gets stuck there and rolls back, he has been doing this for about 3 weeks so hoping he will carry on and roll over properly soon

Kay what a sweet heart!!

Nikki I am sure he will. That is what Z was doing too. As soon as he is stronger in his back is when they say they finally roll. It was like one day he was starting to hold himself more ridged in his back and then about 2-3 days later he rolled.

He loves to sit up and seems really strong when I hold him to sit, if he's lying down you can feel him pulling to sit up

Hello everyone :) still have snuffles here but Sean is taking it in his stride its mammy who hates it ! I think I have a very forceful let down when feeding as poor baby chokes after sucking for a min or two at every feed ! Think milk initially comes out too fast . Any experience with this or ideas how to stop it ?

Hello everyone :) still have snuffles here but Sean is taking it in his stride its mammy who hates it ! I think I have a very forceful let down when feeding as poor baby chokes after sucking for a min or two at every feed ! Think milk initially comes out too fast . Any experience with this or ideas how to stop it ?

I was told that I probably had a fast let down and to pump off the beginning of every feed due to his wind issues. It didn't make a difference for our issue so I stopped doing it but he does still choke a bit occasionally.

I have fast let down - I kind of assumed I'd have to live with it! expressing whilst baby is hungry seems a lot of faff lol.

Flo slept for 5 hours last night :happydance: and today is my wedding anniversary, so feeling cheerful all around in our house :D

I have fast let down - I kind of assumed I'd have to live with it! expressing whilst baby is hungry seems a lot of faff lol.

Flo slept for 5 hours last night :happydance: and today is my wedding anniversary, so feeling cheerful all around in our house :D

My lo slept for 4 hours !! Yay for us !

Does any one else's lo not really sleep much in the day ? He had cat naps - though if he was on me all day I think he would sleep all day long !!

Does any one else's lo not really sleep much in the day ? He had cat naps - though if he was on me all day I think he would sleep all day long !!

Same. He'll nap on my tummy or for a little while in his bouncer but not for long in his basket.

Me 3 20 min cat naps throughout the day until about 8pm then he goes fast asleep and I have to wake him to feed before bed .

She sleeps quite a lot in the day but i have her in the sling a lot. If i tried to put her down she'd probably just catnap.

I have a forceful let down and over supply. A good way to help with it cing out too fast is to layback so baby is on top of the flow and you use gravity to help save baby from choking. The pumping doesn't work for me because it is forceful with every letdown not just the first one.

Mine only cat naps too. Though his usual average nap is 30-45 min tops.

Ah ok -nice to know , it's harder when his sister is around ! He did eventually crash at 6pm and woke at 9 back down till now at 12

William sometimes sleeps 30 mins sometimes 2 hours, all in his bouncer but I have only just managed to get him to sleep in his bouncer again after a few weeks of refusal

Does anyone else's LO have this amazing ability of no matter how you wind them or where you place the muzzie to somehow miss the cloth and end up throwing up all over you instead? In fact he just managed to throw up down the inside of my top! I think I'm going to give up wearing clean clothes and washing my hair as I just end up smelling of old milk no matter what I do.

Yup, we've had a couple of projectile incidents where both of us, plus the sofa were drenched!

as skye has got bigger she has become much better at burping, so not so many projectile incidents. poor baby has a cold at the minute though so coughing and sneezing lots :-( feel totally useless but just trying to keep her toasty and give lots of cuddles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->