February 2014 thread for new mums :)

My personal favourite is after carefully burping with muslin square carefully placed , taking time to make sure all wind is done , lying LO down just changed clothes vest n all and a gush of milk / wind comes out rolling down his neck soaking his , vest , clothes ect .... .... ;)

I was smugly thinking how great my not very sicky baby is...this morning she projectiled in bed and managed to soak duvet, mine and dhs pillows, nursing pillow, sheets, end of her sleeping bag...but none on herself :haha: up early doing laundry today!

:Hi everyone:flower: so looking for opinions . Sean has put himself into a routine in the evenings . After his feed at 7 he plays etc for a while then goes to sleep , this time of night he goes into a deep sleep and is now not waking until I lift him to bring him to bed at 12 ( I still have him in the pram in the livingroom with me until I'm going to bed . He feeds at 12 then does not wake till 4 or 5 . I think the only reason he wakes at 12 is because I disturb him to bring him to bed . I'm half thinking of putting him down to bed at 8 in his crib but wondering if he is still too little to not be in the room with me ? I will have monitors ect and we are all on the one level . Also is it too early to not wake him for a feed at 12 ? Its probably my anxiety of putting him in a different room alone and part of me knows I'm being silly lol .....

Anyone have any views or does everyone put their LO to bed at this stage . He is 2 months this week . Thanks

My first was being put in his basket up stairs at 4 weeks old as he just went down for the night at that point but he was an amazing sleeper as he started to STTN at 10 weeks.

I would happily put issac upstairs to sleep if he would actually go but he will only sleep if we are in the same room currently. I'm happily to leave my baby in a different room. It's just not practical to be in the same room as my baby 24/7 but if your not comfortable doing that just yet don't. I'm a firm believer in doing what feels right for you and your baby.

I don't think ill ever be lol so might as well start early !! He is due to get his first immunisation tommrow so won't start till that's over and done with . Will try him next week and see how we get on . He wll prob get a better sleep too :)

Hi everyone :) well Sean was very brave :) went to visit my friend yesterday who has a 18 week old baby boy . The difference 10 weeks makes is incredible !! Caught Sean smiling on camera for the first time today :) hope everyone is well :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1
we put skye to bed at 8.30, have been doing so since 6 weeks ols. she doesn't usually wake until about 4am if at all after going down. even though she is still in her basket in our room, it makes such a difference having some of our evenings back to ourselves :) xx

Wow that's great for you.. Wishing for that day!

We are putting lo in his cot in our room from today , hoping that he might sleep better, will use a travel cot for naps downstairs temp until I see a pattern

Well issac has started sleeping longer at night now. He is consistently only taking one feed at night about 4am (5.15 this morning) after having a last feed about 7-8pm. I've also just started to be able to put him down in the evening in his cot upstairs by 8.30. My OH is looking forward to get his evening back with me but I spent yesterday evening playing with my new steam mop instead, which I am sadly very excited about!

We have a 10 o clock feed then a 3am feed my lo doesnt seem to settle very well though.

Well from Tuesday LO is going down into his cot at 8ish . Lets see how we get on lol. Oh works nights so ill be all alone :( lol ..... Well he home at 9.30 . Kay a steam mop have been thinking of getting one as we have wooden floors throughout the house . I've heard mixed reviews what's your verdict after your play ??

Oh god, we're still nowhere near STTN. LO has an epic feed from 6/7 onwards. Sleep downstairs with DH from about 9 then wakes at 2/3 and 5/6 for a feed. Sometime DH tries to feed him around midnight (I'm long since in bed by then) to get him to go longer but I'll still be up with him at 4 or earlier. Zzzzzzzz!!

My LO wakes during the night twice 2/3 and then 5/6 depending . He also wakes at midnight so its really only the feed between 6- 12 he sleeps through . Just figured that out now !! Lol

Hi ladies hope I'm not asking for tmi:blush: just wondering who has DTD . I haven't yet but am seriously thinking about it :haha: well for me its been months !! Was too uncomfortable for the last 3 months of pregnancy and it kind of weirded oh out and well have only stopped spotting in the last week .

Its silly but I'm feeling quite shy about DTD again :blush: lol OH has not looked for it since LO arrived think he out of the habit :haha: So do I just hop on him one night ?? Lol do I announce right were back to full service lol ......... Mmm I know I'm over thinking this but think I've lost my confidence :wacko:

Anyone any thoughts or experience to share ???

I haven't DTD either. Partly because we don't seem to have any time together while LO is asleep (see my prev post!) but also because I'm a bit scared after a vaginal birth with 2nd degree tear (plus two labial tears). I think I'm starting to want to DTD again but I'm like you - I feel like a virgin again! I think we night need to recruit a babysitter so we can spend some time together without having to rush :blush:

Well from Tuesday LO is going down into his cot at 8ish . Lets see how we get on lol. Oh works nights so ill be all alone :( lol ..... Well he home at 9.30 . Kay a steam mop have been thinking of getting one as we have wooden floors throughout the house . I've heard mixed reviews what's your verdict after your play ??

I love it! So much quicker than dragging a mop and bucket around the house as I have mainly hard floors (best thing I ever did with children and pets). Was surprised by how well it tackled bits that are really tough to do like grout between tiled floor. I normally end up doing that on my hands and knees with a scrubbing brush.

I have DTD, an honestly after having a baby it never quiet feels the same again. I've had an episiotomy with both my babies, the first due to having his hands in front if his face and second due to the scar tissue from the first not stretching :dohh: it seems to take everyone different amount of time to recover. I recovered better this time than last as last time just take it slow and be prepared to stop if it's not right. My OH was really worried as the first time last time was painful but this time was fine just a little numb. Sounds odd but true.

Nope not dtd here either and i know what u mean about confidence i worry it will feel different for my oh. Im also still sleep deprived and feel if we have to to dtd i should be asleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->