February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Thanks ladies :) you have made me feel much better about it knowing I'm not the only one that hasn't gotten round to it lol.... My oh isn't the only deprived man on the planet !

Hi ladies! I haven't had time to read recently, but I will. I thought I'd update you all and let you know that Emmy came home last Sunday. She's just about like a normal term baby now, except she is still having occasional bradychardias (where her heart rate drops) so they have her on a monitor for when she's unsupervised like bed time. I've been pretty well sleep deprived since then, but she's so worth it. Hope all of you and your babies are doing well.

That's so lovely to hear emmy is home! hope she is setting in well :-D xx

Congrats - it must be lovely having her home with you :)

I really love her name ! Might have to borrow it if I ever have another and its a pink ;)
Well what's new here , Sean is sucking his hands constantly and dribbling endlessly ! He also is now very entertained and amused by toys , mostly ones that a dangling ! I actually can leave him down in his rocker for 15 mins and he amuses himself :) he hates tummy time !!! He just WOULD NOT SLEEP today at all !!! Even in my arms ! Wasn't crying just wouldn't sleep . Has been awake non stop from 7am this morning - cat napped for 15 mins about 2pm then was awake till 9.30pm . Eventually fell asleep while feeding !
I have to say I love him more ever day :)

Did any else find wonder week 8 really, REALLY sucks? LO wouldn't sleep for more than 45 minutes at a time last night. I'm shattered!

OMG ! That's it ! That is what is wrong with Sean :dohh: He has been all over the place in the last few days ! I couldn't figure it out :shrug: was doing all the same things but getting different response :wacko: just looked up my wonder weeks app and we are right in the middle of a leap !! Thank god there is a reason ..... Only 7 more days till normal business resumes :winkwink: My issue is sleeping at ALL during the day ( well until midnight ) he eventually slept for 3 hours after being awake from 7am .

I'm sorry you're having a tough time but also kind of glad it's not just me!

I've just put Leo down for a nap because his eyes were dropping and he's not enjoying it at all. He's squeaking and kicking away in his basket. Not sure how long I should persevere... Anyone??

OMG. I tried shh/pat (google it) and it worked. I feel like a magician!

I'm useless and intervene too soon lol ... But if he is not crying or too distressed I'd leave him and see if he settles . LO at night makes awful grunting noises and shuffling sounds but its just him self soothing and settling in .

AFM here we go again day 2 not wanting to sleep ! Awake since 6 and not a sign of sleep !!

I just tried shh/pat and it worked like a charm. 20 mins later he's still fast asleep. Might be worth a go!

We made it to 40 mind before he got hungry - he was due a feed at 11 so fair enough :)

My lo will only let me put her down asleep :dohh: with regard to ww do u adjust age based on birthdate or due date ?? My lo was 9 days laye and is 7 week old via birthdate or do i adjust to 8 week adjusted age cause my lo was a nightmare last week to think its gna get worse nxt week rlly puts a downer on things

I've always gone on due date because he was only 5 days over. I always though they got my date wrong though anyway because I can feel it when I ovulate, so I think he was actually only 2 days over.

Not sure I understand these wonder week things.... my lo hasn't had any of them :s

well... jabs went well its been 3 days now so I think we escaped without any fever etc :)
Last night he slept in his own bed from 9.45 until 2.30 am!! :) usually he gets into the bed long before that ! Might get him weighed next week as he is filling out his 3-6 month clothes :/ some of them are much to small. Bloody nightmare as I just brought them. Still has rotten cradle cap though :(

Not sure I understand these wonder week things.... my lo hasn't had any of them :s

well... jabs went well its been 3 days now so I think we escaped without any fever etc :)
Last night he slept in his own bed from 9.45 until 2.30 am!! :) usually he gets into the bed long before that ! Might get him weighed next week as he is filling out his 3-6 month clothes :/ some of them are much to small. Bloody nightmare as I just brought them. Still has rotten cradle cap though :(

My first never showed any signs of the developmental leaps affecting him. Issac only seemed to have off behaviour with the first leap.

Wow growing out of 3-6 months already! Issac is only just starting to look like 0-3 are getting a bit small, but there again at this age my eldest was only just growing out of NB.

Oh my goodness almost 3-6. Emmy is still fitting very comfortably in newborn. It's hard to imagine having a baby that large right now.

Left Wonderin, you requested photos so here are a few since she's been home. My avatar and signature pics are new too.
https://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag302/emersonrose2014/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps174779fa.jpg
https://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag302/emersonrose2014/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsd622e1b7.jpg
https://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag302/emersonrose2014/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps061abda5.jpg
https://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag302/emersonrose2014/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps3a98381b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->