February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Errrrr dropped my breast pump this morning motor not working . Had to go and buy a new one !! 100 euro down the drain :((

skye is at an awkward too long for 0-3 months clothes but 3-6 look like huge sacks on her! I'm considering cutting the feet off all her babygrows as it's just her toes I'm concerned about getting crushed. anyone else just totally not bother with outfits? they are just such a faff compared to babygrows but feel totally lazy not getting her into tights and dresses everyday!

Leo only has outfits on for special occasions at the moment eg if we have a trip out somewhere. Definitely babygrows at home as they're so much easier and look comfier!

Oh no i just go with sleepsuits mostly - we went to a wedding yesterday and she was in a dress and tights and it was just awkward, sliding around and up in her face. I think until they're sitting up outfits don't really sit right on them.

I use outfits during the day. They can be anything from a simple top and trousers to a hooded bright footless all in one. My favourite though is dungarees that have a long sleeved vest underneath. They don't ride up, they don't ride down. I actually find them easier than sleep suits as you don't have to try and get a foot to stay in.

I can imagine what a faff tights and dresses are though. The advantage of having a boy, although I would have loved to have a girl so I could have bought dresses and stuff.

Aww thanks everyone. Of course we think she's beautiful, but it sure doesn't get old hearing other people say it

I do put Emmy in outfits almost every day, but that's not necessarily a dress. She's only worn two of those. Generally she wears a sleeper at night and during the day she'll wear a long sleeved onesie with pants and socks. I think diaper changes are actually quicker that way. My favorite outfit so far has been a skull and crossbones onesie (that I got in the boys section) with a pair of black leggings with an attached tutu skirt. She had socks that look like Mary Janes and a little headband with a bow. I love getting her all dressed up. In the nicu all she wore was sleepers so I guess I just like to see something different now.

I love sleep suits and all in ones that are feet less . I'm also having the issue of 0-3 fitting everywhere except the length . The scissors is definetly coming out on the feet lol ! I love dungarees and long sleeved vests too . Don't bother with tights for Sean and haven't put the dress on him yet ;) lol...

We get dressed in outfits every day.. only use onesies for bed. I find dungarees easier for day to day. But I spose boys clothes are easier than tights and dresses etc x

Thinking of going to mother and baby swim tommrow :) ill have to be brave and get into a swim suit eeeek lol.

Stupid question but what do babies wear to swim in?

I have always used a whole suit... so a waterproof romper style thing :) and obviously a swim nappy

I dress lacey most days in outfits just mainly cute tops and leggings. Got some dresses and tights aswell but i admit if were staying in i dnt bother with the outfit just sleepsuits. Although i have baught lots of outfits in 3-6 m so once shes in those she will have a lot more. Iaceys got her 8 week jabs tomorro and im not lookinh forward to them in the slightest :nope:

We got away lightly with ours no temps no reaction nothing ! This week though a nasty looking scab has formed where he got his BCG when he was two weeks old .

I haven't taken Isaac swimming yet as I can't fit my swimming costume.

When Adam was little I used a double nappy system as it's what a lot of swim schools request. I used a disposal swim nappy with a splash about happy nappy over the top. When very little I also have splash about baby wrap to help keep him warmer. I bought all mine in really good condition from ebay.

We had no reaction to his first jabs. I was surprised that one is now given orally, he loved it. We have our next set next week.

Those jabs are awful. Luckily she had no reaction. Just that awful silent scream for about ten seconds followed by mommy crying. Since she was still in nicu they spread hers out over several days instead of all at once. Not sure what would have been better.
We haven't gone swimming yet but she has a really cute pink ruffly one piece.

Well our swimming was a great success . Sean just LOVED it and was all smiles :) it was in a heated pool so felt just like a bath :) ill definetly be a regular :) there was all shapes and sizes there so I didn't feel bad at all with my wobbly bits lol .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->