February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Aw glad he liked it! I'm looking forward to taking her swimming just not sure when i can go, my dh doesn't really like it and i don't fancy taking 2 on my own :/
We had our jabs last week, no reactions but she threw the rotavirus one straight back up again so we're going back later today. Hopefully she keeps this one down...

So Ladies who here is getting some action ;) lol.......... Me and oh are on totally different schedules and at present are never in bed awake together at the same time or if we are I'm feeding :baby: looks like this baby will be an only child and ill be a reborn celibate :haha: ...............

I have to say though I'm loving ever second of being a mum even the tough days :happydance: I seriously cannot believe how much "stuff" they accumulate . My living room has been taken over !! I got a new mei tai sling and am loving it . Grocery shopping is now transformed :)

So Ladies who here is getting some action ;) lol.......... Me and oh are on totally different schedules and at present are never in bed awake together at the same time or if we are I'm feeding :baby: looks like this baby will be an only child and ill be a reborn celibate :haha: ...............

Exactly the same here! I think the 'will' to DTD is gradually returning but the logistics are not making it very likely at the moment! My official bedtime is 9pm. I managed to get LO asleep by 8 last night but was so knackered we just had a quick cuddle on the sofa and tried to discuss non-baby things for 30 mins!

my hubby came home yesterday after being away for a week at work and was immediately doing the 'come to bed' actions. skye went down for a nap and I was in the mood so happy to go alIng with him ;-) however only problem is hubby is still too focused on making a session last whereas I'm like 'get a move on or she'll wake up'. so romantic!

Candy that's so funny ! Can just iMagine ye telling him to get a move on lol !!!
Ijustlove this thread it normalises everything and makes me feel so much better :) thanks girls for sharing :)

Nope no sign of dtd any time soon. .. and because I was so uncomfortable towards end of pregnancy it has been MONTHS maybe close to 6 now :/ oh dear.
lo sleeps in the bed alot so don't know what to do about that one... nvm eh

We have dtd once last week and just struggle to find the time since if its night time i prefer to use my time sleeping:haha:

haha celibate here too...my poor hubby! same old story - when i get 5 mins freetime i would rather have it to myself :blush: bad wife. it'll come back i just have very little personal space between both girls needing my attention right now so i treasure what little i have

I'm kind of popping in here late but I see a lot of familiar faces!

Tyler was born on February 22!

It's been a bit exhausting as a new mom but I love my little boy beyond comprehension. He is continuing to amaze me every day. <3

How is everyone else doing?

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 3
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2
hey ladies I want to take my girl swimming but confused as to what she needs. I'm guessing a waterproof nappy under a swimming costume (any recommendations for a good brand) but what about arm bands or inflatables?? advice appreciated please :) xxx

I went last week with Sean . We bought swim nappies ( Huggies ) do them called little swimmers . I just bought them in the supermarket buts I'm sure chemist shops sell them too , had him in all in one swimming costume I got in mothercare . And I didn't use anything like rings or armbands . I just held him and let him float while supporting him . He LOVED it . It was like he was saying " hey I remember this feeling " lol ....

Hey sweet i remember you from the due dates thread. Your lo is a cutie!

You definitely won't need armbands at this stage - possibly a support or seat but i would just hold lo and let them float in your arms. A lot of pools also have a double swim nappy policy - one disposable then one reuseable.

LOVELY pics sweettart :) naww look at that blanky! x

Just because everyone else has... (I want to show off too haha) here's some pics :thumbup:

First one is a day old, the second one (in the seat) is this week sometime. The multiple one, is pics from the last few weeks :thumbup:

Attachments

• 1621984_10152218057931648_1529555029_n.jpg
    1621984_10152218057931648_1529555029_n.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 10294427_10152353393171648_4714605784156458741_n.jpg
    10294427_10152353393171648_4714605784156458741_n.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2
  • eli.jpg
    eli.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3
I love photos. I was sorting what we got printed a couple of months ago last night into an album. Couldn't believe how much both my boys keep changing.

What have you all got planned for the long weekend? I'm going to visit an authors house with my book group on Saturday afternoon. We are going out for dinner on Sunday for MIL's birthday and are going shopping on Monday for a couple of camping bits we need (going on the next bank holiday weekend) and clothes for both boys.

I'm going to get a start on packing . I'm off to Italy next Saturday for 11 days. Oh is representing Ireland in the world agility competition and me and Sean are going along to cheer him on .

I'm a bit unsure what to bring tbh and what to buy there , nappies etc ??? And clothes , I've bought a good few romper suits but Ireland is so cold even in summer dressing for the sun is not my strong point !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->