• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2014 thread for new mums :)

My lo does her long sleep before midnight - usually about 7-1ish. After 1 she normally wakes every 2 hours :dohh:

thanks ladies

We are getting there with a bed time routine now, bath,feed, bed at 730 and wakes once in the night for a feed. Up until 8weeks it was still 2hourly lol

X

My lo's sleep is all over the place. He will go down between 7 and 8 most nights and will sometimes sleep through till 3 - 4 in the morning, this is becoming more and more the norm but sometimes he can be up and down all night.

He still hates to nap though. Every nap is a battle and if he doesn't sleep on someone he won't sleep long enough and be overtired and miserable.

We're still struggling with naps - he sleeps best in his car seat but he's not supposed to be in it for more than 2 hours so usually I have to disturb him :dohh:

hey ladies hope you've all had a lovely weekend! we bought skye a jumperoo on fri and she loves it, still a bit small to bounce it but she likes the music and lights and when we bounce it for her.
also she was moved from her moses basket to her cot in her own room on Saturday (I was devastated!) as she was just too big for her basket now. it has been fine in terms of when she is asleep she is staying asleep, but getting her to sleep is a harder battle... she had a rocking moses stand so rocking would help get her to sleep. now obvs I can't do that so at a loss on how to help her drift off... walking her around and feeding her to sleep then placing her in her cot do work but I read everywhere that these are bad habits to get into in the long run. any advice ladies? I just can't bear to leave her to cry it out yet!

I definitely agree that 3 months is too young to cry it out. Have you tried turning her on her side and patting/shhing her? (Google it for proper instructions) This works quite well for us when LO is showing tired signs but won't close his eyes on his own.

We used the crib for the first time last night as he's now outgrown the Moses basket. He seemed fine with it although he kept sticking his arms through the gaps - might need to get some breathable bumpers!

Yea 3 month is too early for any kind of sleep training(other than shhh/pat) and i used cc with my ds at 7m. He was a terrible sleeper though and i think if when they are asleep they can keep themselves asleep it doesnt matter how u achieve first stage whether rocking etc normally these sleepers will get thereon there own. My son used to wake after pretty much every 1-2 sleep cycles which is 40 mins and cc did work a treat for us hes now a brilliant sleeper but this lil one seems to be doing well with sleep anyway so hoping she will just gradually get to sttn. (Please dnt shoot me for using the cc in this topic just giving my experience its not for everyone):shy:

I believe a few minutes of crying it out is fine, as long as they are tired, If LO is fighting his sleep for a while and nothing is working often I found if i put him down leave the room, wait a few moments come back in an he has stopped(and is fast asleep), He fights his sleep though, at the moment we are getting NO daytime naps ! what on earth that is about i don't know and even at bed time he fights for a while, but once he is down he will stay down most of the night... yeah a few moments is fine imo. x

My little one is in a good sleeping routine. Our schedule is set up to where he gets his last feeding 30 minutes before bedtime and then we put some of the Johnson's bed time lotion on him and tuck him into a SwaddleMe. He is out in minutes. Right now he is sleeping from 10pm to 6am and then he needs a change. He will then sleep until 8 am and then wakes up for breakfast.

Birth control wise I am using the NuvaRing. It's pretty easy and I like that I can stop at any time. Will be trying to conceive #2 at the end of the year.

Candy - you have inspired me. I've just got the jumperoo out of the loft to set up for DS2. I'm hoping he will love it as much as his older brother.

Very excited as we have also set the date for the christening and finally booked our holiday (no where that exciting) after changing the date several times.

Well we had a greedy boy last night... Boobs & bottle from 7-9 then feeds at midnight, 2.30, 5.30 & 7! Is there a 12 week growth spurt??

Well we had a greedy boy last night... Boobs & bottle from 7-9 then feeds at midnight, 2.30, 5.30 & 7! Is there a 12 week growth spurt??

That sounds like a normal night for me and my daughter is 15 weeks now :dohh: I'm so tired :coffee:

Yikes! We normally have one at midnight (dream feed) then the next one is anything from 3.30 - 5.00. Usually closer to 3 though. The next person to ask me if he's sleeping through the night is getting a punch! ;)

Yikes! We normally have one at midnight (dream feed) then the next one is anything from 3.30 - 5.00. Usually closer to 3 though. The next person to ask me if he's sleeping through the night is getting a punch! ;)

Lol Popples I love it ! My two nights were ðefinetly a fluke :dohh: we are back to 12 , 3ish and 6 ish ....... But he is a growing lad after all :winkwink: im only now starting to feel the bone tiredness set in , he is 11 weeks now .

There is a growth spurt at 12 weeks William went from feeding 1ce a night to every 2 hours (still waking up 2/3 times at 14 weeks) and feeding every hour during the day, but he started a little early at 11 weeks

I think there must be one at 14 weeks ish too. skye was sleeping 7:30-5 most nights, now suddenlyiI'm up at 2ish 4ish and then up at 7 for the day... not sure if moving to hrr own eoom has possibly sparked this too? xxx

Dooh checked my wonder weeks app today after Sean has been so so fussy the last two days can't leave him down for a second !! Its exhausting ! Aparentlyw there is a leap from 11.5 weeks . Heis right on schedule . At least there is a reason for his fussiness lol .......

I went and had Isaac weighed today and he's now 12lb 9oz. He's dropped from just below 50th centile to just above 9th. As he eats regularly I've been encouraged to increase the carbs and fat in my diet. I already think I eat to much of this type of food and I'm still overweight for my height at the moment.

They said to bring him back in 4 weeks to check he isn't dropping any more centiles but it now feels like it's my fault as I'm feeding him myself that he's not putting on weight especially given the advice I got given. Did I mention I don't like HV?

Had he put on weight since the previous weigh-in? X

Yeah, just not as much as he was expected to. I think it was just the fact they decided in an instant that it was my diet that was the issue, nothing to do with the fact at I produce small children. My 2 3/4yr old only wears 12-18 month trousers and 18-24 month tops and was always around the 9th centile but they just dismissed what I said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->