February 2014 thread for new mums :)

heya ladies hope we're all doing well! just been catching up on the progress of all your little ones!
skye is a wee roller now and is desperate to crawl, she doesn't have the strength yet but the wee arms and legs go crazy when she's on her tummy. I'm thinking about weaning now she is over 5 months, I bought some baby rice and porridge although not used yet. However I have started to give her a bottle after her afternoon nap everyday now to get her comfortable on formula again (she had some when she was tiny but then didn't seem to need top ups anymore and much happier on the boob), think in a couple of weeks I'll start pureeing properly for her. in terms of weight she has stuck to the 25th centile, which hasn't concerned me as like you say I can see her gaining. However hv said weight gain is a bit slow so seemed a bit concerned...who knows maybe she'll gain loads this month now she's having more formula! xx

Started Sean on solids this week ! He loved it !! Some photographic evidence !! He goes made for it so I'm happy with my decision to start him at 18 weeks :) only having one meal for now at 12am ( lunch ) might introduce a breakfast this week . So far we have tried baby rice , carrot , apple , banana , mango .this week we will try butternut squash, potato , sweet potato :) and ready break

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2
Williams weaning is going really well havn't found a single thing he won't eat. He has tried carrot, sweet potato, butternut squash, cauliflower, broccoli, apple, pear, mango, apricot, banana, blueberries and I'm sure there is more lol he is on 3 meals a day now and hoping it is going to help with his reflux since he's been really bad with it recently. He has now dropped to 4 bottles instead of 5 a day with food in between

Ye I went a bit mad with the cooking, oh and he had a munch on some parsnip. Think I have enough food in the freezer to last about a month lol

Sweet photo at went down a treat !! With me too as I made soup with the leftovers :)

William loves things like sweet potato and butternut squash, have to stop myself eating it tho because it is so yummy

That's awesome ladies! I wish Tyler was more into the idea. :rofl: He has tried green beans, peas, and carrots so far. Perhaps I just need to give him more variety!

Attachments

• ty.jpg
    ty.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1
  • ty2.jpg
    ty2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1
How many of you have started solids? I am so tempted to with Zoey but unsure :/ I think she would do well, but everyone says 24-26 weeks, she is 21 weeks so close enough? xx

William is 22 weeks old and having 3 meals a day now but he does struggle with drinking his milk due to reflux so I think for me it was the right desision and it has helped his reflux so glad we did it early

Isaac is 22 weeks now and we haven't started solids yet. He's grabbed a few things off me recently (banana, bread, carrot). He's just played with it rather than even attempt to eat it so I won't start him for a couple of weeks at least. If I wait until 6 months I don't have to avoid much at all, which makes it much easier with another child to feed as well.

My poor little man is suffering with teething at the minute, he has been really moany and clingy today then for the first time when I put him down to bed he got really upset so he is currently lying asleep on the sofa, feel so sorry for my little baby :(

Awh niki poor pet its awful on them I'm dreading it . Sean has been a little grizzly a few times :( no sign of a tooth yet .

I can't see a tooth yet but been putting teething gel on and just started using teething powders and they seem to help

Thought little man was doing better today but he has spent the last hour screaming so I gave him calpol and he has settled straight away, think it must be teething coz he is chewing everything and sometimes he wont keep his dummy he pulls/spits it out like it hurts to have it :(

Teething is horrible and can last months. My first started teething at about 5 months but didn't have a tooth until 9 months.

Isaac has has some bright red checks recently and has been having a good chew on Sophie it's a great teething toy even if it does sound like a dog toy.

He's got a sophie, he will use it sometimes but others he gets cross and throws it, he seems ok now playing with a toy even tho he should be in bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->