• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

February 2014 thread for new mums :)

Ye finally managed to get him settled and in bed at 9 so not to bad. It's strange once he's asleep it doesn't really seem to wake him up he only woke for his dummy at 11.30 then slept though till 4.30 had a feed and went back to sleep

Hi guys looking for your thoughts . Sean is in a fairly established routine now ( mostly self imposed lol ) he has his last bottle at 7pm and goes down . I wake him or dream feed him another @ 12 before I go asleep and he usually sleeps through till 6.30 -7 am . The question I have is should I keep waking him at 12 to feed him or just leave him to see if he sleeps through ?? He takes his feeds every 4 hours now with 2 solid meals a day ??

Personaly I would leave him but thats because Will gets me up at 6-6.30 so I'm in bed about 10ish. Will goes down at about 8 and wakes at 4.30-5 for a feed

I personally would leave him. I have been advised to leave a baby sleeping, they will wake looking for food if they need it xxx

btw ladies today I found a photo of me at 5 months and compared it to one of skye. i always thought she was the spit of her daddy, but guess she looks more like me than I thought! :-D xx (top one is me) xx

Attachments

• S Memo.jpg
    S Memo.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 4
Thanks girls am going to try it tonight , ill let you know how I get on !!

I would always leave him to sleep. Both my boys woke for night feeds, I never woke them and they eventually dropped them on there own. Isaac dropped his last night feed (well 3/4am feed) about a month ago.

I've never had a child capable of dream feeding though, when they are asleep they are asleep no amount of putting a bottle in their mouth was going to make them take it. They just got grumpy at being disturbed.

See Sean stays fast asleep , feeds , change of bum and not a stirr from him . I'm thinking if I don't feed him he will wake at 4 ish looking for a feed so maybe my dream feed is the best option right now till he gets established on solids as I'm awake at 12 anyhow ? Then we all get a good 5-6 hours sleep

For a while I was waking Tyler to feed around 12 am as well but I stopped doing it and he has been fine. If he wakes up I give him a diaper change and then he is good until the morning around 6:30am. :)

I'm trying to get William to stop his 4.30-5 am feed as I don't think he actually needs it he just wakes out of habit sucks for a little while then goes back to sleep and then fusses with his bottle at 7-7.30 so thismorning when he woke I gave him his dummy and he wriggled around for a while then went back to sleep till 6.15 hope it works again tonight and he eventually just doesn't wake up

I tried William with some steamed carrott sticks with his tea tonight, he managed well getting it to his mouth but he mostly chewed bits off then spat them out. Guess that shows he kind of got the idea

God your brave !! I have a little fear of choking and I'm dreading introducing anything except purée !! When should I be introducing lumps and stuff !!

Well William is now not having a night feed at all but he does wake a few times for his dummy. I don't puree Williams food anymore I just mash it well with a fork, you can always try with it lumpier and if he gags or spits it out go back to puree for a while. I'm a nursery nurse so I have quite a lot of experiance with feeding and things so I'm not nervous about trying stuff

William enjoying his carrott!

Attachments

• 20140718_170838.jpg
    20140718_170838.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 5
He looks like he's got the hang of that! My LO is 5 months on Friday so we're just starting to think about getting started with weaning - exciting!

How are you uk ladies coping with this weather? I have a baby asleep in my arms wearing just his nappy. He's been catnapping loads today, not sure if it's the heat or the fact he wakes up every hour after his night feed (2.30/3 usually). Poor sausage! 😴

Here in Ireland its so clammy . Bed with just a vest and nappy . Little one I need you to move in with me for a while ;) god William is eating carrot and I'm afraid to try lumper !!

What are you feeding him for each meal ?? Are you giving him any meat or fish yet ?

Not had meat or fish yet waiting a couple weeks till he's 6 months in a couple weeks time. He still just has fruit and veg, and had carrot and cucumber sticks although he just chews on them and doesn't actually eat them yet

I've just managed to get William to sleep with no sleeping bag thanfully so he's just wearing a sleepsuit with no vest for bed, tried just a vest and he doesn't seem to like having his arms and legs uncovered

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->